Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Unread 31 Oct 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Kuala Lumpar 2016 LIVE - All By Myself: Day 4 - Birds And Towers

Another reasonable night with just one 60minute wake up!

I eventually woke up at about 7.45am to a blocked loo and still no hot water! I was beginning to feel doomed with this room!

After a cold shower, I headed out via reception who promised to move me when I got back. I had the feeling that this wasn't the first time this had happened.

I went back to Starbucks and had a cafe latte and a chocolatine.

I still had 2 hours left on my HOHO and had worked out it was best to use it to get to the Bird Park. My luck turned and a bus turned up just as I arrived at the stop.

My first view of a monkey! Only one I saw though!

We stopped at the National Palace which is actually quite recent in its construction.

The driver said he would be stopping for 10 minutes - the driver had said similar yesterday and then left after 6 so I stayed close to the bus! I was right yo do so ad it too left early!

There was a good view of the Petronas Towers and Menara KL.

The Bird Park scored highly on Tripadvisor but I was a bit non plussed - probably not helped by having a bird poop on me (thankfully not on my head - I managed to wash it out so I didn't look a real mess all day! )

There were lits of peacocks - I can see why the words peacocks and preening are linked - they never stop!

There was a parrot house but you can imagine I hotfooted through it fairly promptly for fear of becoming a target yet again

I left after about an hour having seen everything.

I decided to walk down the hill and find lunch. It was hot and humid and I kept getting lost. As there was a train station there I decided to get the train down to KL Sentral. Unfortunately, even though it was only one stop there wasn't a train for 40 minutes so I grabbed a 7UP and read my kindle.

At KL Sentral I got lunch - felafels and rice. I swear I took a piccie but can't find it. It was OK - nothing more. Again not expensive - only 12RM - 3 euros.

I also spotted the DIBB favourite 5 hand sanitizers for 10 euros.

I went back to the hotel. As promised they gave me a new room - the same room 3 floors down. Whilst the same floor space, it has a slightly smaller bed and the bathroom has a shelf and all the shower attachments plus a mirror instead of a piece of ply board! It also has art work which the other didn't! So far the loo works

After a rest and a Facetime to an excited DD who was off to a sleepover to a fellow diabetic friend! At least DH doesn't have to worry about the parents understanding what is what!

I left at about 16.45 and had an iced cafe latte. Very refreshing!

I had discovered by chance yesterday that there is a covered walkway between Bukit Bintang and the Petronas Towers. This was good news for me as I keep getting lost!

The signage was, for once, clear and I got there easily.

Under the Towers is yet another mall but it was s bit high end for me!

Dinner was in a Thai place. I ordered a sweet and sour veggies but ended up with Thai basil veggies which was spicy but tasty. With an iced lemon green tea, it cost 20RM - 5 euros.

I went outside to see the Towers. They are very impressive. I aim to go up them at some stage!

I headed back to the hotel - in total 27,500 steps today - almost 20km! No wonder my legs are tired.

Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Argentina - Summer in Winter
Unread 31 Oct 16, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 31 Oct 16 2:14 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 16, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A busy day hope your room is better for you and you sleep ok after all that walking

Joan
Unread 31 Oct 16, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day Mel, I'm loving your report. 👍🏻
Unread 1 Nov 16, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
Trainee Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow! 20km! I'm tired for you I love the colour of the parrot, I've never seen a parrot so green...
Unread 2 Nov 16, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A busy day hope your room is better for you and you sleep ok after all that walking

Joan
So far the room is behaving - though I flush the loo with trepedation each time!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Another great day Mel, I'm loving your report. 👍🏻
Thank you

Originally Posted by Chloeoeysmum View Post
Wow! 20km! I'm tired for you I love the colour of the parrot, I've never seen a parrot so green...
It certainly was green! I don,t think I have ever walked so much!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 3 Nov 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Apprentice Imagineer

Great monkey spotting!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Chicago and the Great Lakes
Unread 4 Nov 16, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Great monkey spotting!
The monkey spotting gets better!