Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Dec 16, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

Another trip for the Cod Couple Day 11 Wild Florida

Huge apologies for not finishing this trippy earlier.

It has been completed for ages but it was on my old lap top and every time I turned the laptop on, it got so hot it scorched the coffee table.
My decent coffee table the one with the Queen Anne legs I might add.

Since it has been resurrected I thought I better post.

At the moment, I’m suffering a broken wing (scaphoid).

I am also a bit scant with the pictures because I took some of the pictures on my phone and although I can look at them all, it seems that I can only download the first one.

The picture I can download is a very fetching picture of Meemee in resuscitation on one of her many trips to “A and E” so perhaps not an appropriate representation for this report.

Also, I think there was a bit of a finger nail going on underneath the S on my old laptop consequently there were quite a few S’s missing.

Some of the text looked quite weird.

It’s a mall world.

We bobbed into Panda Express for yet another upper.

Breakfat in the I Hop

Anyway, with excuses given and hopefully accepted I will carry on where I left off.

Wednesday Day 11

We had breakfast in the hotel again it was ok but everybody seemed to turn up at the same time and the place was extremely busy.

I noticed that the hotel had put another toaster in.

That would be a toaster for the family of fifty and a toaster for the rest of the guests.

Aww!

Poor little Cinders had been put on toast duty again.

It was quite depressing knowing that excuse for a mother and I are both from the same species.

Dibber mummies will be gratified to know that I managed to throw her several more disgusted looks.

Sat there like Ursula feeding her gluttonous, pudgy face, holding court with the rest of the family, even the bowl she was eating from should have been accompanied by a couple of lifeguards.

There was more chance of the tectonic plates shifting than that one lumbering anywhere.

It was not that I wished any harm to the woman it’s just that I would be one happy spectator if somebody decided to kick her lazy rrse to Mars and back.

Anybody reading this without reading the previous pages will be wondering whether I am back on the Coffee Mate.

Anyway, on with the report, the plan for today was to visit Wild Florida.

It was about an hour down the 192 at a place called Kenansville.

A quicker way was down the turnpike so we took that. You must activate the Sun Pass but we weren’t bothered because on our last trip we used it from the Keys to Fort Lauderdale and the cost was only £4.81.

This holiday we activated it three times and the total cost was £8.90.

Once off the turn pike it was a straight road to the park and we copped for this lonesome creature at the side of the road.

A small argument took place as to which one of us was going to get out and take the photos.

Al said it should be me because we needed him to do the driving.

I said it should be him because I had all the pin numbers stored in my head.

Anyway, a compromise was reached and we both stayed in the car.

Photos taken we arrived at Wild Florida.

It’s in an ideal setting at the headwaters of the Everglades.

If you buy an airboat ride, then the entry to the wildlife exhibit is free.

The half hour ride was 28 dollars the hour ride was 40 dollars Inc. tax so we had the hour one. The receptionist then produced a ten dollar off coupon.

The total cost was brought down to 70.

It was an air boat tour and a small "zoo" with a huge gator exhibit.

The air boat tour was interesting and the guide knowledgeable. (That’s polite speak for a bit of a boring sod)

The boat was quite loud, but they provided ear defenders.

We only saw about four gators and the land wasn’t as “swampy” as the Everglades.

The zoo was respectable and the animals looked very well maintained and cared for.

They had all manner of creatures from around the world sloths, lemurs, and rare tamarins. There are only 1000 left in the wild and 1400 in captivity.

I should say the sloths were amazing they sort of glide slowly you can’t help but watch them they are so hypnotic.

A bit like that lazy mare back at the hotel.

They also had zebras, zorses and zonkeys. (Horse or donkey crossed with zebra).

You could also enjoy the many up close and personals.

We didn’t bother with that preferring to take our own time and read up on the information.

I’ve enjoyed far too many up close and personals in my time and being photographed doing it only leads to turmoil.

Their food outlet The Chomp House Grill was excellent and the restaurant a decent size, they even had rocking chairs to sit on whilst you waited for your order.

They were obviously very proud of their resident chef Ramon.

The only problem was Ramon chose weird names for his food.

The following are excerpts from Ramon’s menu.

SWAMP SAMPLER: Gator, Turtle, Catfish, and frogs’ legs. (Choose meat)

Err what meat?

Note to Ramon it should read (choose vermin).

CHIEF WILDCAT TACOS: Pork, Beef, or Chicken with swamp Pico & 2 sides.

I didn’t have a clue what Swamp Pico was but thought it very likely to be something tantalising akin to alligator’s testicles.

We chose the Everglades Pulled Pork Sandwich which came with two sides.

The sides were -dead river beans, swamp potato fries, cattail corn, marsh coleslaw, bobcat beans and rice or frog eye salad.

We chose the potato fries and salad.

I insisted that there be absolutely nothing ophthalmic in that salad and the potatoes had to have been plucked from the Electrolux not from some decaying old bog filled with gator crap.

The food by the way was excellent and they didn’t need the gimmicky names.
It was also a good price (I never keep receipts). If it was a rip off I would have made a note of it.

We didn’t stay for the gator show I have seen all that at Gatorland and I don’t like to see any creature turning tricks for food.

Would I recommend having a day at Wild Florida?

Absolutely it was well worth the price although I have a feeling most of their income comes from photos taken and they do photograph you at every opportunity.

I also think their gator exhibit was on a par with Gatorland so if I had to choose between the two, Wild Florida beats it hands down.
Boggy Creek costs approximately $25.00 for a few dollars more you could have a whole day out.

We picked up the I4 coming home.

As already mentioned I hate that I4 it’s full of nutters.

We were coming off the exit ramp and got stuck behind a people carrier travelling at 15 miles per hour weaving all over the road and the back-windscreen wipers were going.

Of course, the stress tatie came back out.

The driver was driving like a drunken fruit bat

We finally managed to over- take; the driver was a girl who looked about 12.
I was going to dial 911 but noticed three other people in cars all on the phone hopefully they were dialling the cops.

The bar in the hotel was very busy because they give away free drinks on Wednesday and Friday.

We didn’t bother because it was way too early and we were in dire need of a shower.

After a bit of a nap we walked across to the tilted kilt we chose to sit inside because we needed to eat. I had salmon and the house salad

Al had ribs and fries.

It was very good but the down side was the waitresses, they don’t half smarmy up to anybody eating.

Particularly the men only tables.

I’ve never noticed it before but the waitresses are dressed quite scantily.

A very short tartan kilt and a tartan bandanna top that covers sod all.

I watched one in action fawning about an old Morgan Freeman look alike.

After he had finished his entrée she started rubbing his belly.

I thought give it a rest love he’s somebody’s grandad not bloody Buddha.

I half expected her to whip one out and offer him his dessert.

Sad thing was once they had paid up she never visited the table again and she had a bit of a disappointed look on her face when she collected the bill.

That’ll teach you to keep yer cardi on love. Or as my old nana used to say keep yer hand over yer “apenee”. (halfpenny)

If you are only having a drink outside they tend to leave you alone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1564.jpg
Views:	3406
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	63804  

Edited at 02:27 AM.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Great report, just been back and re read from the start!

Wild Florida sounds good. May have to make a visit next time.
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Wild Florida sounds amazing. The Tilted Kilt ... not so much.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another good day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ooh great to see the rest of the trippy up
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You are braver than me! I would be paranoid on one of those little boats!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I read this twice - love your sense of humour and people watching skills😂😂
My great grandma used that same phrase "keep yer and on yer aypnee" as well as "don't put all the goods in the shop window" Thankyou so much for posting😀
Ps. Why the Cod Couple ?🐟🐟
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

We have a chippy
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List