Forgotten Password?
Notices
My Magic Holiday
Villa Rentals
Reviews *** THE HAVEN AT HIGH GROVE ***
Reviews for this Villa
  Display Direct Link to this Review Glasgow trip 3 Jul 19, 08:25 AM
We loved the Haven!

It's in a lovely resort - High Grove has a really nice feel to it, very quiet and well maintained and with lots of lovely trees. The resort has an electronic security gate, and also a Clubhouse, where they were very helpful. High Grove is in a great location - one end of I Drive, and with a really quick route to the Disney parks via a short cut that (currently) has almost no traffic. All the usual supermarkets and restaurants are very close at hand. Culvers was new to me, but I'm still dreaming about their frozen chocolate custard.

The villa itself is great - very spacious, and beautifully furnished/maintained. We liked having a 2 storey house - we could pretend that we actually lived there! Huge bed in the master bedroom, which was very comfortable. The villa was very well stocked/equipped - having a timer on the coffee machine is a stroke of genius.

The pool and hot tub were also very welcome - I wasn't sure whether we would want a heated hot tub when the weather was so hot, but actually relaxing in the hot tub in the late evening after a long day at the parks was lovely.

Caroline and Rob were always very responsive and a pleasure to deal with. We are already making plans to return! Full marks from us.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: June 2019
  Display Direct Link to this Review Jaybeez 17 Feb 19, 07:48 PM
We stayed at Caroline & Rob's villa in January/February and the villa was perfect for our holiday.

To start with booking was easy with all questions being answered promptly.

The villa is on a lovely gated resort in a great location at the end of the 192, so close to a great choice of restaurants and supermarkets and an easy drive to Disney.

The villa itself was beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. It feels very spacious, especially the bedrooms. The kitchen had everything that we needed for the few times that we did cook in the villa and the games room was very well equipped.

I would definitely recommend this villa and would happily stay here again.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: January 2019
  Display Direct Link to this Review Ali C 27 Oct 17, 02:11 PM
We have just returned from a lovely holiday staying at Caroline & Rob's villa. The villa has everything you could possibly need, it is tastefully decorated and very spacious. It has a large master bedroom and 3 good sized bedrooms, so plenty of room for families. High Grove is a really nice gated community situated close to a large Walmart with plenty of restaurants nearby.
We would highly recommend the Haven and are already planning to return in the future.

Thank you Caroline & Rob
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: September 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review waiting4disney 15 Sep 17, 05:30 PM
We had a great time at the Haven for a week. It was our 1st stay at Highgrove and we loved the area. Really well maintained, so close to Walmart and easy access to the Disney parks.
The villa is furnished to a high standard and has everything you need. The bedrooms are massive and the master bed is so comfy.
The downstairs area is great for chilling out in and well equiped kitchen.
The pool is great too.
We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it.
Caroline and Rob were on hand if we had any questions.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: September 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review lancslass47 5 May 17, 11:31 AM
What a fabulous place, equipped with everything you could possibly need and so close to all the parks. Very spacious villa, with a really good sized pool all mod cons. Lots of space in the lounge for large families to congregate and a fully equipped kitchen, should you want to cook?! Its an ideal location for a short hop into the parks and its less than 5 minutes away from lots of supermarkets and places to eat.
Booking was very quick and easy, would highly recommend and hope that we'll be back to visit
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: April 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review chrispacket 17 Sep 16, 07:45 AM
Well we are back from our most favourite place in the whole wide world , just about getting over the jet lag,

just wanted again to say a big thank you to Rob and Caroline for the stay in their wonderful villa, The haven , (http://www.thehavenvilla-florida.co.uk) their home was truly a home from home , so comfortable , so homely , the pictures don't give the villa enough justice, Rob was absolutley fantastic , even called us on our first night when we didnt know how to use the safe properly , we were being thick Stuart from the management company also came round to help,

We all loved the games room everything got used,there was even a wind tunnel machine in there to keep us cool, but the best thing had to be the bed in the master bedroom, it was so huge, my hubby and myself didn't even have to touch other by far the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in in a villa, if i could have worked out how to dismantle it and bring it back home i would have

we had a couple of down days just relaxing by the pool, just laying there , having a little swim , laying there then get back in for a swim

we would most definitely stay in Rob's villa again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to rent a villa. the location was ideal , very close to a walmart and publix.

So again Rob and Caroline thank you so much for our time in your villa

Lorraine and Chris
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: September 2016
  Display Direct Link to this Review ClareO 26 Sep 15, 04:16 PM
From the very start when we booked the villa with Rob we felt totally assured of a great holiday ahead. Rob was efficient, professional and friendly and put us at our ease. When we got to the villa we were very impressed by the quality of the furniture, the cleanliness and the layout and the kids couldn't wait to get in the pool!
The pool itself is a very good size and was plenty big enough for a swim. Though it wasn't South facing this didn't matter a bit as we got a fair bit of sun (till 4pm most days) and it was always bright and warm. The pool furniture was comfortable and clean and the pool man was friendly and helpful. We hired the hot tub, but to be honest we didn't end up using it much as there is always so much else to do! The games room was enjoyed by the kids and it had a variety of games to keep them happy. Our son really liked the basketball!
The bedrooms are well furnished and exceptionally comfortable. There were 2 main bathrooms upstairs with good showers and we had no problems at all with hot water even when both bathrooms were on the go! There is an Xbox upstairs but I'm pleased to say my son didn't touch it (when at home, left to his own devices he would be on it all day long!)
The lounge furniture was comfortable and well placed to be able to watch the kids when they fancied a swim in the rain?! The TV had lots of channels and we bought a couple of box sets from Walmart to play on the DVD of an evening (crazy cats that we are). The kitchen was well equipped, plenty of room in the fridge. The laundry room was well used as we stayed a month and we experienced no problems at all.
In terms of location we were happy. The villa sits on the US27 but right at the top of the 192 which you are on in minutes. There are lots of nearby restaurants (our favourite being Longhorns) and a choice of supermarkets. We could be at Disney parks in 15 minutes; a bit longer for the others but we chose to stay at the universal hotel for the express passes. We will happily return to this location. It was quiet and central.
All in all, I would recommend this villa to anybody without reservation. We had a fantastic holiday. Feel free to message me if you want to hear more. You will not be disappointed if you book The Haven. Thanks to Rob and Caroline.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: August 2015
  Display Direct Link to this Review hunter.england 29 Aug 14, 01:33 PM
Firstly i need to say what an absolute pleasure Rob was to deal with from day 1. Full of information and help even before i asked any questions, which were answered almost straight away (within a day or two minimum, normally only a few hours).

Now, the Villa, what can we say, beautiful! I have only had experience of one other villa in Florida but this one topped it by far! Exceptionally clean and tidy, plenty of everything you need. The layout is perfect, it was brilliant having the upstairs (17 stairs, as the kids kept telling me!), it made it feel like a home going off to sleep. The bedrooms were wonderful, as were the beds, the kingsize is massive! Could not fault it at all! The aircon was lovely, didn't notice it until you went outside, if that make sense, a good thing, never too cold or nosiy! Kitchen, utility room, games room, all perfect!

Pool - We opted for the heated hottub as a treat but didn't use it as often as we'd liked but that's just a time thing, nothing more! The actual pool is brilliant, needless to say the kids spent 90% of awake time spent in the villa in it! 5 of us comfortably played about in there with enough room. Deck area ideal, plenty of seating and beds, lovely sunshine in the morning, disappearing late into the evening (but you can go on the front porch in the evening as well if you want more sun!).

Location - Ideal, Walmart 5 minutes away (walkable, we did it a few times, 20 minutes or so), Devenny's bar at the Estate entrance which was lovely, food great, entertainment great (having this bar was a plus when we booked as i know some places don't have somewhere where you can walk to in the evening). There's a Macdonalds, KFC etc walkable as well. Very straight forward to get to the parks, all within 15-30 minutes away, you could easily find them without Sat Nav.

If ever we returned to Florida then i wouldn't hesitate in contacting Rob again, although it'd imagine they'd be fully booked, and if not then they should be!

Thank you once again Rob and Caroline for allowing us the share your villa and making our holiday perfect!
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: August 2014
  Display Direct Link to this Review Disney Dreamer 14 Aug 13, 07:21 PM
Our second visit to High Grove. This gated sub division is extremely well situated at the end of the 192. There are various restaurants within a short distance and a huge Walmart 5 mins drive away. The sub division is small and very clean.

From the start, Rob was excellent to deal with, answering emails promptly. On arrival, the villa was clean, spacious and well equipped. The games room was great fun for those rainy days, which unfortunately we had a few of.
We had to contact the management company who dealt with our problem quickly and efficiently. The staff at the clubhouse were also helpful and friendly.

Would definitely recommend and hope to return soon. Thanks Rob.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: June 2013
  Display Direct Link to this Review sicpuppy 29 Jun 13, 04:32 PM
Just to echo what has already been said - this Villa is brilliant.

Excellent location, excellent facilities, extremely clean and a very competitive price.

Everything you need is within a couple of miles, with excellent access to highways and of course I4.

Will definitely recommend to others and will stay again.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: June 2013
  Display Direct Link to this Review jo williams 8 Jun 13, 11:27 AM
Just returned from Robs villa, We had a lovely home from home experience, everything you could think of was catered for. The villa is situated in a quiet gated community and is close to restaurants and a large Walmart.The photos on the website are exactly what you get. It took around 20 minutes to get to the Disney parks if the traffic was good. Rob could not have more helpful and returned emails to all my queries quickly which certainly puts your mind at rest. We would recommend this villa to any of our friends and would certainly stay here again ourselves.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: May 2013
  Display Direct Link to this Review quartergill 14 Apr 11, 08:33 PM
The Haven Villa is ideally located in High Grove at the junction of the Hwy 27 and the 192 meaning that the parks and the I4 are a short distance away. Nearby are a number of supermarkets and restaurants, (walking distance to Walmart). Just along the 192 a number of new restaurants have opened including the renowned Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze, ensuring that you do not to travel far for an excellent meal; or have good quality on your way back from the parks.

The villa is a home from home with everything you need, including loads of plates, cutlery, pool towels etc, which sometimes you find lacking at other villas. Hours were spent having fun in the games room. Though the pool is east facing we were able to get the sun almost all day and until the sun goes down you can still sunbathe at the one side of the pool deck. That was in March when the sun is lower so in summer I would imagine sunbathing opportunities are even more plentiful. What particularly pleased me was the pool being heated to the right temperature, not bath temperature like others seem to do! There is an excellent hot tub if you wish that type of relaxation.

The community of High Grove is well maintained and secure. The club house has a pool and gym for use by guests, plus free wi-fi.

In all up there with the best villa we have been to and highly recommended.

Quartergill
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: March 2011
4 Bedrooms Sleeps 9 High Grove Community View on Map Private Pool With Hot Tub/Spa Games Room Under 7 Miles From Disney FREE Telephone Calls - Local Only FREE Internet Access With Wireless Connection Under 700 Per Week
Welcome to our beautiful villa The Haven that sleeps 8 guests as well as an infant / baby in spacious comfort and is the ideal setting for your Florida holiday. We have furnished and equipped our home to a luxurious standard to make your stay with us as comfortable and relaxing as possible as well as creating memories that will last a life time.

Located on the small, friendly, Gated community of High Grove situated in the heart of the action and on Disneys doorstep. It is a large (over 2150 sq ft) fully air conditioned luxury home.

Outside the villa

We have The Pool Area which is fully screened to let the Florida sun in but keep the insects out as well as being planted with beautiful flowering plants to add to your privacy. The pool itself is rectangular in shape (26ft x13ft and ranges from 3ft to 6ft in depth) and has Multicolour underwater lighting for your evening swim, the decking area around the pool is block paved and we have deep padded cushioned patio furniture including reclining chairs with footstools, sun loungers, tables and chairs as well as lighting for your relaxing evenings.
We have provided a pool blanket ON A ROLLER for the months where pool heating is needed.

We have also added a free standing hydrotherapy Hot Tub with multi-colour lighting (our hot tub is heated independently from the pool)

You can enter the pool area via the cloakroom and you may also enter via the living area patio doors, both ways are alarmed for the safety of your children.
A feature of The Haven is the Front Porch, why not take the rocking chairs out and have a long, cool drink while watching the world go by. As you are only minutes from a lake and conservation area you may even spot some of the local wildlife.

The Ground Floor
On the ground floor we have the living area which is fully tiled and has plenty of seating to watch the tv complete with 200 cable channels including European Football

There is a separate dining area for formal or informal meals and overlooks the pool area.
Then you have the kitchen area complete with breakfast bar, a large cooker, hob, large microwave, large fridge freezer with icemaker, a full complement of crockery for inside and out, cutlery as well as everything else a modern kitchen boasts, and when you have finished your meal there is the waste disposal and dishwasher to give you extra time by the pool. Next to the kitchen you have the utility room, which consists of a top load washing machine, top load tumble dryer, iron, ironing board, and vacuum cleaner plus shelving space - but remember you are on holiday.

On the ground floor we also have The Games Area which has a full size pool table with overhanging light, Free standing table tennis table ,2 player basketball, and 12 in 1 games system including pool, table football, and hockey for the children, as well as all the equipment you need for playing .

The Last room on the ground floor is the cloakroom, which has a washbasin and toilet plus a door that leads you to the pool via an alarmed door.

The First Floor
You then move on to the first floor where you have a large landing area from which you can enter the four bedrooms and shared bathroom. The first bedroom is the King which has luxury carpet fitted throughout and has a king size (6 ft wide) bed with bedside cabinets and lamps on either side. There is also a large bedroom unit with a mirror that provides lots of storage space as well as housing the TV and Roku stick - so bring your Netflix login details, there is also a clock/radio for those early morning wake up calls for the parks

Then for the exclusive use of the master bedroom we have the en-suite bathroom, which has a Roman bath, walk-in shower, his and her (Jack and Jill) washbasins and a separate toilet.
Next to the Master King you have the second double bedroom, the Queen room comes with a Queen size bed, bedside cabinets with lamps a clock radio, and a large bedroom unit with mirror. If you have time why not catch up with some TV viewing with a Roku stick. Plenty of hanging space is available in the large wardrobe, a direct door to the shared bathroom, which has a bath, shower, washbasin and toilet.
The remaining rooms are furnished as Twin Rooms and contain two comfortable single beds in each, bedside lamps, clock radios, more than ample storage space as well as a TVs with Roku sticks as well as a Xbox and a Play Station 2 to enjoy games and watch DVDs.

General information :
We are pleased to provide complimentary use of a
cot /crib ( a real one not a travel cot ) with linen provided, a highchair, a fold up buggy, full size stroller and a pack and play ( travel cot ),
All linen and towels are provided FREEof charge.
Hairdryers are provided FREE of charge.
FREE Wireless Internet Access
FREE Local + National calls
Board games
Roku sticks in EVERY bedroom with the Netflix app installed
Cable TV and clock radios in ALL rooms
CD player + CDs
FREE use of digital safe keep your valuables secure
Fully air conditioned (cool in summer warm in winter)
Gated community
Monitored alarm, smoke alarms and emergency lighting
Local 24 hour experienced local Management Company
Fully loaded kitchen
Washing machine/tumble dryer/ironing board
Front porch ideal for relaxing and watching the sun go down
Close to attractions, restaurants and shops
Close to golf courses
Only 5 minutes from 24 hour Wal Mart
Only 5 minutes from Restaurants shops and bars
Coded front door lock box - no need to go elsewhere to collect a key.
Grocery packs available and BBQs for rent

High Grove Facilities

Professional friendly staff , Clubhouse with computers and internet access; Top of the range gym, plasma screen room, large swimming pool with Sundeck, spa, arcade, pool table, table football, childrens play area, Horseshoes, crazy golf, bike rental, BBQ Picnic Area pit, as well as events ( wii golf tornament, mickey mouse and father Christmas visits and more ) as well as the resorts friendly act Duchess all just a short walk from The Haven.

Paperwork , directions and keys ?

We will supply you with detailed directions on how to find the villa and complete all the paperwork before you set off for your vacation.
We have a digital lock for the front door and YOU CHOOSE THE CODE for easy access - absolutely no need to go anywhere else to collect keys or complete paperwork.

Rates

Please visit www.thehavenvilla-florida.co.uk for full pricing details.

Payments

Payments are accepted in either UK or US$.

We accept payment by US check, UK cheques or International Money Order.

We can also accept payments through paypal although there is a 4% admin fee for this service.

A security deposit against damages ( or 300) is payable with the final balance - this will be returned in full if no damages occurs - this can be paid by cheque or paypal.
Advert Posted: 14/07/2010
Owner Last Online: 24/08/2019
Owner: Lisbon Email
DIBB Activity Level: Platinum

Want to advertise your villa here? CLICK HERE to find out how!

US Rent A Car