Wow, just wow, the villa was all we hoped for & more. This was the first time we have booked all elements of the holiday, separately, ourselves & I was slightly apprehensive about doing it this way, I needn't have worried, I thoroughly recommend doing this to anyone.
PRE HOLIDAY The communication from Liz was superb, I think every query was answered the very same day & provided me with the reassurance I needed. All the required information was given & the directions to the villa were spot on.
LOCATION Championsgate is an area we are familiar with so this being so close (maybe a 3 minute drive)was very comforting - handy for the parks (all within 15-30 mins drive) & some good restaurants.
VILLA FACILITIES Spot on, extremely spacious both inside & out with a very good size pool & deck. The master suite was huge, you could have fit a king size bed in the walk in dressing room & you had the choice of 2 safes. All beds were extremely comfortable & the master en suite shower was lovely, both in the shower itself & the space in the cubicle. We do not cook on holiday but the kitchen seemed very well equipped & had a huge array of crockery & plastic choices if preferred. Everything was spotlessly clean & I've never seen such an array of towels to choose from. There were 3 separate seating areas, all with huge TVs & sofas that could easily seat at least 9 people comfortably. The weather in the first week was atrocious but the games room was really well equipped with a pool table, an air hockey game & 2 fussball tables.
MANAGEMENT COMPANY We had no need to contact them but they had left a comprehensive folder of things you would need to know & the whole property was spotlessly clean, we hardly saw any kind of bug in our whole stay, which I did not expect at all.
OVERALL I think we will be giving Florida a miss for the next few years, simply to visit other places, but if we were heading back I'd already be trying to book this property. Liz was absolutely fantastic & even arranged for a racoon to be sat on one of our bins when we arrived. The only fault I could find was that Liz had not arranged for good weather in the first week ( I honestly believe she would have if she could) & also the master suite was so large it was a bit of a pain having to set off to the toilet 10 minutes before you needed it during the night, such was the size of the suite!
We had a brilliant time at the villa & would happily recommend it to anyone.
We stayed in this villa in June and must say the villa was fanstatic, This villa has everything you require for your stay. It is close to the Disney theme parks and only a short drive to International Drive. The swimming pool is brilliant and bigger than most pools in Orlando. This villa is so big that when we arrived home we thought our house has got smaller but this was due to how big this villa is.
I must give credit to the owners as we have visited this villa twice now and they are always improving the villa.
We will be sure to re-visit again in the near future
We were a group of 6 adults and 5 children, one being a baby. This villa was absolutely perfect. We had everything, plus more, than we needed. The location was excellent and the communication with Liz was superb.
The swimming pool was big enough for the whole family and was a welcome haven after a day at the parks.
We stayed in this villa for a week in October, all 4 of us absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back.
The location is brilliant. It's a quiet community just a 5 minute (if that) drive from Champions Gate. Very handy for Publix, Walgreens, McDonalds and Millers along with other eating places.
I can't even begin to describe the feeling of space in this villa. The den area upstairs is brilliant for the kids to chill out before bed. The bedrooms are huge and most have big walk in wardrobes. There's also a bathroom for each bedroom. There are 3 double and 2 twin rooms.
The downstairs bedroom has a bathroom with 2 doors, one of which is from the bedroom, the other leads out to poolside (and is alarmed), we found this amazingly handy.
The kitchen had everything we could possibly need and the washer/dryer are ideal. We also made use of the clothes airers provided for items not suitable for tumble drying.
The kids loved the games room which kept them amused for ages. They also liked being able to watch TV in bed as each room has it's own TV.
The pool are was amazing. The extended deck makes a huge difference, we had pool and jacuzzi heat and had no issues with either of these. The jacuzzi got lovely and hot and the timer was very easy to use. The pool itself is huge and the area feels very private and is not overlooked at all.
Liz was brilliant to deal with from start to finish and Andy from the Management Co introduced himself and made sure we knew where to find his number should we need him. Our security deposit was returned within 3 days of us being home.
If we are looking for a villa in the future, this will be the first on our list!
Great villa, in a very good location, would highly recommend. Beautifully furnished and very spacious. Downstairs bedroom and en-suite were perfect for my elderly mother and the children liked the den on the landing as they were able to chill out on the large sofa on an evening.
We stayed in this very specious villa for the first 3 weeks of October & could not fault any part of it. The owner Liz was great to deal with & very helpful as was their management company who just called by to make sure everything was ok a day or two after we arrived. The villa is very well maintained & secure, everything you would need is provided, & there's plenty of room with 2 seating areas downstairs & the den on the landing we found very relaxing. The pool area is very private with the fences & palm tress, which we really enjoyed. Windwood Bay is in a great location near Champions Gate with supermarket & Restaurants very close by & very easy to get to any of the parks etc. We would have no hesitation in recommending this villa & have already mentioned to Liz we plan to book again for our next trip.
The south facing pool area with a large 30ft x 15ft pool and spa is bathed in sunshine all day. Here you will find a quiet relaxing haven where you can lay back and soak up the sun's rays in perfect peace.
We have added extra decking so that there is plenty of space for private sunbathing on the comfortable deep cushioned loungers. For those of you who enjoy privacy either side of the pool area is fenced so that you are not over looked by adjacent pools.
The pool area looks out onto open space and the lush landscaping, that we have added, gives the feeling of being in a tropical oasis. Imagine relaxing in the spa with a glass of wine after a funfilled day at one of Florida's theme parks or on returning from an enjoyable round of golf, at nearby Champions Gate Golf course. When it gets too hot in the sun you can move to the large lanai and enjoy the shade.
Children will be perfectly safe in our beautiful pool enclosure because we provide exterior door alarms and pool safety fencing. The pool safety fencing can be easily dismantled if there are no children in the party.
Whatever you enjoy this oasis of luxury can be your perfect end to a perfect day
Plenty of Seating in the Light and Spacious Family Room. Relaxing Home from Home
Windwood Dream Villa will be your personal retreat from the hustle and bustle of Orlando's theme parks. Relax and unwind in any of the 3 family seating areas.
* The comfortable Family room is a place where everyone can gather to plan their funfilled days in Florida. There are three comfortable sofas which will easily seat 9 adults. Relax and take in a movie on the fabulous, state of the art, 50ins Plasma cable HDTV. There is also VCR, DVD, in this light and airy room..
* The 2nd seating area is next to the formal dining area and provides a restful retreat for the adults. We supply a stereo in this room.
* The upstairs loft area has a beautiful sectional sofa, which will seat at least 6 people. Children and adults will be able to stay in contact with their friends at home with the computer with free WIFI Internet. We also provide a playstation2 in the loft area which will add another dimension to gaming when seen on the 52ins TV provided in this room..
The bedrooms in this luxury Florida villa have had no expense spared. They are all spacious with upgraded furniture that has been chosen to make this home unique.
* Wow will be the word that will be on your lips when you walk through the double doors into this spacious master bedroom. A magnificent four poster KING size bed, will ensure that you spend restful nights and awake refreshed for the exciting days ahead. This bedroom has a two comfortable armchairs, a 32ins HDTV, cable TV, VCR, DVD, ensuite bathroom and large walk in wardrobe.
* Opulence is the theme for the second master bedroom which has a dark wood, comfortable, king size bed, 27ins cable TV, DVD player, ensuite bathroom, and walk in wardrobe.
* The third master bedroom is on the ground floor with access to the pool area There is a beautiful queen bed, 27ins cable TV, DVD player and an ensuite bathroom.
* There are a further two twin bedrooms, one is a tasteful themed Pooh Bear bedroom. Each of these rooms have two single beds, 20ins cable TVs and walk in wardrobes. We also provide a roll away single bed, which will easily fit into either of these rooms. The two twin bedrooms share a double bathroom.
* As well as the 4 bathrooms there is a downstairs powder room.
* We also provide a travel cot (pack and play cot), a queen sofa bed (pull out bed) and a fold away bed. All rooms have hair dryers in the drawers for your convenience.
Cook up a storm!
* The Kitchen of this luxury Florida villa is fully equipped to cater for up to twelve people. With a microwave, oven, fridge freezer and quality cooking utensils you can always eat in if you don't fancy dining out.
If you prefer dining alfresco we provide a barbeque and there is a table and plenty of seating in our large lanai.
* The Kitchen area is separated from the family room by a breakfast island which has seating for 3 people.
* The sunny breakfast dining area seats 6 and has patio doors opening onto the pool area.
* There is a formal stylish dining area at the front of this Florida villa which seats another 6 people.
* There's no need to take home a caseload of dirty washing. The utility room has a large washing machine, dryer, iron board and iron. This means that you can pack your cases with fresh clean linen.
All logos, trademarks and information in this site are property of their respective owners. The comments are the opinions of their posters.
This Vacation Planning site is not affiliated in any way with the Walt Disney company, Universal Parks & Resorts or SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.