Notices

Medical
On all of the disney ships, you will find a well equipped medical centre. It can deal with severe sea sickness through to heart attacks and has both a doctor and nurses onboard at all times. The Medical Room sometimes have Sea sickness Tablets available if required.

If you have cause to use the medical facilities, you will be charged so please ensure your holiday insurance covers cruises and not just land based holidays.

One top thing they have in the med centre is Dioralyte in frozen popsicles for children. My niece (3 at the time) was quite poorly on our first cruise .. too much excitement, too much ice cream, too much sun etc etc. The doctor gave my sister a few of these popsicles and Isabelle was right as rain within hours. Thinking it was a sugary ice pop was obviously a great thing for her as I doubt she would have drunk a cup of it!

Laundry
There are numerous laundry areas on each of the Disney ships and in all of them you will find washers, dryers and ironing equipment. Detergent and dryer sheets are available (for a small cost) in the laundry room and to get these, you just swipe your KTTW card and it will be charged onto your onboard account.

One of the laundry areas on Disney Dream

INTERNET
DCL do have computers onboard each ship, but you have to be fairly desperate to use it. Not only is it very slow (dependant on satellite positions while at sea), it is very expensive at just under $30 for only 50 minutes.
Very often, you can get free wifi for your mobile at the ports, but please ensure that you pick up the port signal and not the ships one or your bill will show you've been accessing the internet from the Bahamas even when you're in the Med (ship is registered in the Bahamas!). o2 made me aware of this after returning from the Med cruise last year and being shell shocked at my bill.

Port Internet:
Many People wait until they are on Port to use Wifi. There are usually many Coffee Houses( Starbucks ) or eateries that have free wifi available when you buy from them.
Page created by Bats on 04-03-2012 21:10.
+ Last editted by Trace on 13-06-2014 12:41. View History