Capacity:
30 persons per train

Fastpass:
Available

Restrictions
Must be above 102cm

Big Thunder Mountain

Supernaturally fast mine trains

The Gold Rush made dreams come true. But decades later, it seems to have turned into a nightmare. This abandoned mine sure has seen better days, and strange, unexplained and dangerous things are starting to occur. They say driverless mine trains are roaring down the tracks at spine chilling speeds... Are you brave enough to give it a try?

The mine trains tear through this rocky hinterland, and just try not to scream when you head straight for the red rock face or shoot straight up the side of the mountain! And who knew that all those animals lived in the rocky mountains. This is one very popular thrilling attraction.

WARNING! To ride, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heat, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers and persons of advanced age should not ride.

Other Info

At Tokyo Disneyland, Big Thunder Mountain is mostly identical to the Magic Kingdom version of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, with three exceptions:
  • The abandoned town section is replaced by a longer cave before the second lift hill, just like the Disneyland version.
  • The station sits on columns rather than on a hillside.
  • The ending is altered. Instead of crossing back over the drop from the third lift hill, the track makes a U-turn before dropping through the sound of bats inside the tunnel and then out through the Boneyard/geyser scene, passing through a short tunnel, and making a right hand turn into the final brakes. The trains pass in front of the station, and then turn back into the boarding area.
Page created by James&Gemma on 04-09-2012 21:22.