Notices

theDIBB Guidebook - Member Reviews

lov2dibb's Guidebook Reviews & Comments (7)

To view a review on the Guidebook page, just click the Page Title.

Date Submitted: 19-03-2012Page: Disney Restaurant Pages -> Biergarten Restaurant
This is one restaurant we won't be heading back to.
We didn't really like the food on offer and didn't enjoy being sat next to another family on the same table. I knew the seating arrangements beforehand so it wasn't a surprise it was just a bit awkward as we were beside the railing and had to squeeze by them to go up for our food.
The oompah band was good fun though.
There are plenty of better restaurants to eat at when in Epcot - this has to be bottom of my list!

Date Submitted: 19-03-2012Page: Disney Restaurant Pages -> La Hacienda de San Angel
I love this place! It's on my must do list now for every visit.
We have eaten here twice and enjoyed it both times as there is such a great selection of food and the service has been great both times.
We shared a couple of the starters - Taquiza and Botanos between us...hmm..delish! And the Tacos de Camarones are amazing.
My son enjoys this restaurant too even though he is 12 and is not really into Mexican food but he loves the colourful nachos/dips they give you at the start ..oh, and the Churros!
If you are lucky, and don't mind being inside, it's possible to watch Illuminations from your table (we did the first time)- just ask for a window table.
Oh, I almost forgot - the Margaritas...sublime!

Date Submitted: 19-03-2012Page: Disney Restaurant Pages -> 50's Prime Time Cafe
We have eaten here twice (2010 and 2011) and had two very unusual meal experiences.
First time we were just amazed at the décor and the milkshakes but our server was just rushed off her feet so we didn't really experience any of the antics this place is famous for.
Second time we had a great server who was such a laugh and really joking with everyone and teasing my son (who only went in for the milkshake!). It was great fun.
The food itself is not that great but does the job and can be relatively inexpensive for a Disney restaurant.
Would definitely recommend it and don't worry if you are shy - the servers go for the banter and wont bother you if you just want to eat.

Date Submitted: 19-03-2012Page: Disney Restaurant Pages -> Liberty Tree Tavern
This has to be one of our favourite restaurants anywhere in Disney. Haven't tried lunch here but enjoy the family style dinner which is like a traditional American Thanksgiving meal with plenty of meats, mash and gravy plus a load of accompaniments. Just what we love! My son(12) enjoys this place so much we have to eat here at least once every trip (usually more!).
The only downside we have experienced is that we have never been seated near our ADR time and always at least 20-30minutes beyond (just be careful when pulling those fastpasses to allow extra time here!)

Date Submitted: 19-03-2012Page: Dinner Shows -> Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party
The Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party provides a nice, relaxing spot to watch Wishes while enjoying some delicious desserts. It is getting more and more expensive every time but we still manage to get our money's worth on the chocolate dipped strawberries alone! Plus the staff have told us to help ourselves to cookies etc. to take out as everything gets thrown away afterwards.
The view is pretty good (but I still prefer the hub area) and the lights are not dimmed so it is not perfect but overall a nice way to escape the crowds at the end of a busy day and enjoy the fireworks.

Date Submitted: 19-03-2012Page: Disney Restaurant Pages -> Crystal Palace
First day breakfast here before the park opens has become a family tradition for us now.
There is a great selection of food for all tastes and you can have fried eggs/omlettes/special Mickey pancakes made to order as well as the huge buffet selection. The only downside to having things made to order is that it can take quite a bit of time and you might miss the characters.
We have been a few times so are not too bothered about meeting the characters which is just as well as last time we only saw Eeyore- apparently it can take up to 90 minutes for them to get right round, so best not be in a hurry.

Date Submitted: 19-03-2012Page: Disney Restaurant Pages -> The Garden Grill Restaurant
We really like the Garden Grill Restaurant and think it's definitely one of the best for character greetings that we have been to.
The restaurant revolves all the way round overlooking the Living with the Land attraction (although you can't see much more than the higher scenery), and the characters (Mickey, Pluto and Chip'n'Dale) come and visit at the table.
I like that the food is served Family style so no having to get up and down. The food itself is excellent, and you can get extra any time if needs be.
Will definitely be back!