Notices

theDIBB Guidebook - Member Reviews

MEZZA's Guidebook Reviews & Comments (3)

To view a review on the Guidebook page, just click the Page Title.

Date Submitted: 02-03-2012Page: Disney Resorts -> Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
We've been twice to CBR, as we loved it so much. In 2007 we were allocated a room in Martinique, this was a good 5-10 minutes walk to the food court and pool, in 2009 we stayed in Barbados which was only 2-3 minutes from the pool and food cout. The Resort is very lush with greenery all around and pleasant to walk around, the main swimming pool is fantastic for all, with a great slide, if you want a proper swim go to the quieter pools in the villages.
The food court had a good variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner but to be honest didn't eat much there other than breakfast, what hot food we did have was ok, we did love the pizza delivery to the room, but the sizes were enormose, we ordered 2 pizzas and couldn't finish the 1st.
One highlight was watching Epcots fireworks from the beach, with a cocktail in hand of course.

Date Submitted: 10-03-2012Page: Discovery Cove -> Discovery Cove Overview
Discovery Cove is a very relaxing day from the hustle and bustle in the parks, there is a limited number of people allowed into the park on each day so it didn't feel 'busy'.

We went in Oct 2009 on a lovely sunny day, we opted for the dolphin swim and having got there early(8am), were given an early swim time of around 09 15-09 30 am. Whilst I was pleased of an early swim with the dolphins (so we weren't clock watching all day) having got our vests and snorkles, we didn't have time for our breakfast before hand. When we went for breakfast after the swim we found very little left and a poor selection.

There was no where we didn't explore and try out at Discovery Cove, the avery was full of birds that we were able to feed, one or two fell asleep on DH's shoulder. We fed the rays and snorkled in the fresh water pool for hours, the lazy river has no fish in but the water is warm and you can snorkle as there sime 'treasures' on the floor.

Lunch was lovely and more than enough food for with plenty of choice on our visit, I had the salmon which was lovely. I can also recommend the carrot cake ( I had 2 slices) Snacks were available from a little bar behind the dolphin swim area, free to help yourself, also available here were soft drinks and beer that were free. Unfortunatly on our visit the coffee machine was broken

Despite thinking we had a quiet day by the time we left at 4.30pm we were exhausted, but It's a fantastic experience that we will never forget. Photo's/cd/DVD packages of your experience and day in the park are available to buy at the end of the day, it does get busy at this time, so be aware that we felt this is a bit rushed to choose what package we wanted and which photo's to print off.

A fantastic experience, we've booked again for our next visit.

Date Submitted: 11-03-2012Page: Magic Kingdom -> Stitch's Great Escape
This is the one ride I would not recommend for the younger guests.
You are seated in rows around a glass tube, restraints press down hard on your shoulders and the whole room goes into darkness. What follows is stitch escaping from the glass tube and 'running around' you and playing tricks. Expect breath on your neck, pressing down of your restraint and movement around your feet. The darkness is park of the experience and so wouldn't be the same without it but i have seen/heard screams and tears from many kids coming out.
Lets just say it does scare me too!