Notices

theDIBB Guidebook - Member Reviews

CreakingStool's Guidebook Reviews & Comments (3)

To view a review on the Guidebook page, just click the Page Title.

Date Submitted: 28-03-2015Page: Accommodation -> Hotel Cheyenne
We stayed at The Cheyenne hotel in February 2015 and had a great time.
We arrived on the direct Eurostar at around 2pm and headed straight to the hotel on the waiting resort bus. We were checked in quickly without too much of a queue. We chose our breakfast slot and were given all our park tickets and extras. We were staying for 3 nights.
Our room was in the Wild Bill Hickok block which was in a very convenient location. We were very happy with the room. Bunk beds for the children and a double for us and more than enough space for the limited time we spent in it. There were hangers in the wardrobe area (not an enclosed wardrobe) and plenty of shelf above. Also on this shelf was a good sized safe which easily fit all out gadgets (ipads and Hudls) plus other valuables. There were also lots of drawers for all the bits and bobs, plenty of room. You may want to take some hangers if you like to hang a lot of things up rather than fold in a drawer. The room was lovely and warm which was needed in freezing February! We all slept very well.
The bathroom was clean and perfectly fine, the shower was always hot and powerful and there were some toiletries supplied and enough towels.
I would suggest taking a 4 way extension if you have a number of items needing charging although there were at least 3 sockets available.
The theming was great, carved wooden mirror frame and also a cowboy boot lamp and when we had to call maintenance to open the safe a cowboy came The hotel itself is well themed with lots of individual blocks containing rooms set out to look like a Wild West town.
The bar is the Red Garter Saloon and while we didn't drink in there we did take drinks back to our room which they were happy for us to do.
We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on that.
Check out was easy and quick. Our luggage was stored at the hotel and we paid 11 euros to have it taken to the station for collection from the luggage express counter.
The resort bus service was great and we never waited very long at the hotel or the station.
I would stay here again, we had a great time. I think I would pay extra for a room near the facilities if that is an option as its good for nipping and getting a beer or a wine to take back to the room when the kids were asleep.

Date Submitted: 28-03-2015Page: Restaurants & Menus -> Buffalo Bills Wild West Show
We went to this show on our recent trip in Feb 2015 and it was a hit with the grown ups and the children (aged 8 and 5). It does seem like an expensive choice but I honestly think it is well worth it and would highly recommend it to anyone.

We went to the 6.30 showing and arrived at the venue at 5.30ish. We showed our tickets and were given blue cowboy hats, this was to be our team colour. The bar was quiet at this point but soon filled up. I ordered wine to have with my meal as I didn't fancy the beer, this was ordered at the bar near the entrance and arrived with me once I was seated.

Before we headed in a band was on stage soing country numbers and they were joined by Goofy in full on cowboy gear, lots of fun and they carried on playing as everyone entered the arena.

We were shown to our seats (which are benches with a long table bench in front). I think all seats are pretty good in here and don't think you necessarily need to category 1 choices. The servers here work very hard, everything is served in a specific order. Tortilla chips are on the tables as is the corn bread. Chilli is served to the adults and a little later the chicken,ribs and potatoes are served. Drinks flow quite freely with top ups not needed to be asked for, plenty of beer which DH said was nice. My carafe of wine was lovely. We enjoyed the food, its nothing amazing but its nice cowboy food and well suited to the theme

The show is loads of fun, cowboy hats are waved, forks are banged on the metal dishes, each area has a 'host' to get you cheering. Plenty of characters in the arena throughout and lots of action with the animals and the cowboys and indians performing different acts, not in a cowboy and indian fighting way, more of a story telling show.

All in all we loved it and I think it'll be on our list for a future trip

Date Submitted: 28-03-2015Page: Restaurants & Menus -> Au Chalet de la Marionnette
We ate in this restautant twice on our recent trip in Feb 2015.

Its counter service and typical fast food but our children enjoyed the roast chicken so it suited us well. We had 3 meals between 2 adults and 2 children which was plenty, each time we visited we were served quickly and the food was hot. We'd read to try and eat just before 12 for lunch and this worked for us, it definately got busier as 12 o'clock rolled by.

The theming we really liked, its Pinocchio and really quite lovely. Some very nice servers in here clearing up, chatted to our children which was nice.

We ate the roast chicken and the burgers and they were all fine. It probably is overpriced but then all the food venues are much of a muchness pricewise so you do need to expect to pay more if you decide to visit a counter service place in DLP.

Bare in mind that Fantasyland closes to prepare for Dreams and so if you visit at a similar time to us the food places are stop serving quite early as Dreams was on at 8pm midweek.