View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 17, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Avis 'served' us over the summer - for the first time. I will avoid going into detail as you may not read my trip report as a result

Needless to say I spent nearly 26 days of a 28 rental aware ( via the dibb) that this company were not to be trusted - there are many threads already highlighting their scams.
As a result of a long term thread on here I arrived very late and missed the buy fuel now.
It took a day to register but I knew it would bug me!

I have to admit I then took it to the n'th degree to ensure we were not scuppered on the full tank.
There will be photos in the TR as it stuffed us for time into MCO
Receipts and photos.

We were lucky - and that is the best way I can describe my experience.

I don't wish to book with them again and the underhanded way in which they treated many Dibbers throughout this summer of 2017 ( there are a lot of very poor experiences from Avis)
Added to the sense of doubt that many of us had throughout our holiday was far more than most other car hire companies make us endure.

I guess I got what I paid for in the end. However I was unscathed by extra charges, but it took a bit of working on!

Whatever you do or want from them just be more aware than you ever thought you would have to be.

The thought of a $9.99 per gallon refuel charge was and is ridiculous - however it is written as such in their terms

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List