Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander JR Birthday Trip Day 14

The Crew
Highlander: Age 40 :Chief Planner and Banker(I said Banker)
DW AKA Jacquie : Age ? : Chief Cleaner and Spender
DD AKA Stephanie : Age 16 : Main mission in life to spend
DS AKA Danny : Age 13/14 : Main mission in life Joker

Monday 2nd April : Pool/Shopping/Sky Venture : Weather : El Scorchio
I'm awake a little before 8, without waking anyone I head to lobby and get a vanilla coffee from store have a seat and enjoy my coffee while using my pda to check email etc, I head back to room a little after 9 to rouse the troops, once everyone is dressed and fully awake we head to IHOP opposite the hotel, but before that I get a pic of kids with their Magic hands from night before,

there's a 15 minute wait for a table, once seated I order the Cinnamon pancake special, DS orders the Choc chip pancake breakfast, DW has the big breakfast and DD has eggs and pancakes, plus we have a carafe of apple juice to share $35 incl tip and using a discount coupon, the food is good service is okay, restaurant is pretty busy.
My breakie

Stephanie's

Jacquie's

My pancakes

Danny's

After breakie we go into the liquor store next door and the kids buy me my bottle of liquor which they had bribed me with on our first week 1.75litre of JD for $35, I also get a bottle wine for the room, DW and DD go back to the room and myself and Danny go to Walgreen's for bottles of juice and water, when we get back to room the girls are in the pool so we change and head there, we spend a couple of hours by the pool, I manage to get quite a bit of my book read.

We head out for Pointe Orlando to see if Spensers has boots for DD but its now closed down and the film theatre is now closed as well temporally , there are a new boutique type stores open and a nice fancy wine bar but to be honest its still a building site and not very attractive for the type of customer they are trying to attract, I make an on the spot decision and we get the trolley back to hotel, opposite the hotel there are cabs waiting I hop in one and family follow bemused, I tell the driver Florida mall as I know there's another Hot topic there plus a lot more stores, cost of taxi is $16 incl tip, first store is Hot Topic and low and behold she gets the boots she wants $35, after using discount vouchers we collected last year on what we spent, DW then heads to JC Pennys and buys a pair of denim skorts she's pretty restrained as we have already bought so much, I do manage to buy secretly DW a 40th surprise in the jewellery department they have a good sale on and I save about $150, we get a taxi back to QII costing $17 but the traffic is heavier on way back, once back at hotel we shower and change before heading out for Sky Venture.
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We get the trolley up to Sky Venture, and I book Danny in the first time they have is 8pm so we take that using discount coupon from their website it cost $38, Danny has DVD and Tee-Shirt from last year so he doesn't want them this year just the flight, I pay the girl at the desk and she tells us to come back at 7:50pm, we decide to eat at Sweet Tomatoes another first for us but to be honest can't see it being on our favourite list, the food is fresh, the restaurant is clean and well presented, I personally like the soups, we did all have plenty to eat but not our cup of tea, but I'm happy we tried it, after dinner we head over to the stores opposite and guess what DD spots another pair of boots so muggins is out another $50 as these are better it seem's for school.After being swindled by my kin we head back to Sky Venture for Danny's appointment, when we check-in the girl tries to get payment again and asks for my receipt but she never gave me one in first place, but luckily I paid with a $50 TC, we head up to the observation desk to await the 8pm class, unfortunately they are running late and Danny has to wait till 8:30pm, there are 3 others in the class, Danny is pretty good and impresses his instructor as he remembers what he was taught last year.

We are pretty lucky as there's a trolley just pulling up when we leave Sky Venture, we are back in room for 9:30pm and Ds watches wrestling, I have a glass of wine and the wife packs away what we wont use again. We are all asleep by 12:30
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report and pictures.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Sky Venture looks like fun, don't know if I'll be trying it though!
Old 22 Apr 07, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
another great day - unusual for anywhere in Orlando to try it on and make you pay twice? Breakfast looks yum!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
anfield05
Imagineer

anfield05's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
another nice day steve,you all look like you're enjoying yourselves
HILTON BONNET CREEK MARCH 2014
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE SEPTEMBER 2017
anfield05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
grantasmic
VIP Dibber

Another great day. Looks like Danny had fun at Sky Venture.

Our 'Right Down the Middle of Main Street, USA' 2006 Visit
Wild West Adventure - Cowboys and Canyons 2007
We should have gone home years ago!

grantasmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 07, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Another good day, Sky Venture looks like fun, great pics too.
Old 22 Apr 07, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-pink
Imagineer

princess-pink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great day, my kids would like to try Sky Venture. Great pics too.
Old 22 Apr 07, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Pancakes look ..sounds like the old wallet took another battering but thats what Dads are for

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List