Old 24 Mar 13, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Vegas & Phoenix 2013 Day 14

Today was our last full day but on the brightside it was a lovely hot day

Got up and dressed and went down to South Point for breakfast,excellent as usual and under $30 inc drinks..

Drove back to the sign because i wanted some pics taking. Now there are signs quite clearly stating "no official photographers operate here" ..however the woman will a laynard around her neck appears to think the sign is hers,ordering people about and really trying to take pics. Well after putting her in her place ,we got the photo's we needed and left.

By now the sun was really out,dropped the car back at the hotel promising the kids they could use the pool later if we had time ,and had a wander along the strip.
Looking round MGM,Coke etc just really taking in the sights and making the most of everything.
Walked over the bridge nearly Harley Davidson ,past the new Twin Peaks sports bar (like Hooters)and into the shops there where i bought the nicest Vodka slush ...cost $11 but it was lovely ,soon melted in the heat though.
Walked to Miracle Mile shops where Barry and the kids had ice -creams (i don't eat it) and i went in Victoria's Secret and bought some perfume ( i do love there perfume's and get a bottle every year).
Decided to walk back along the strip calling in at Ross Dress For Less.

Not sure how it happened but Connor ended up with a new pair of hi-tops and Chloe a new dress. I like a few handbags DH offered to buy me but i said 2 new ones was enough

Got back to the hotel around 4.30 and the pool closed at 5..oops so i promised the kids we would make time in the morning.

Went to the room and thought we'd do most of the packing,it became clear that we needed the spare bag we had bought ,so i did online check in and paid for the 5th case (£32.48).. packing went relatively smoothly ie DH left me too it !...
He did weigh the bags and all bar one were very close to the limit !

Got changed and decided to head out in the car for the evening...and arrived at KISS crazy golf.. Kids were very excited

Cost $40 for the 4 of us,which sounds alot but i'm sure the golf in Orlando is a similar price now?

We had a really good time here and will definitely visit again.

Still really warm so we decided to park in the Flamingo and go for a wander, we were hungry but didn't know what we wanted ,so just decided to have a wander.

Walked to the Venetian because i wanted to look in the Links of London shop as Barry had promised me a charm for Mothers Day ( a few days earlier). First though we went to the food court, Chloe and i had chinese (black pepper chicken) Barry and Connor had something from Nathans , we all really enjoyed it.

Eventually found the Links shop in the Palazzo and i found the charm ,its the Las Vegas sign but its so tiny and $80 .. i didn't like it that much

Decided to go to Pandora which is in the Venetian and get the crown charm i had wanted for a whole now.. interesting its £25 here and i paid $37.48 with tax so worked out a few pence more expensive.

Walked back along the strip just taking everything in and it was around 11pm when we got back to the car.

Barry decided we needed a little bit of fuel so wanted to put $5 in..

Pulls up at a garage near the Hard Rock..well i've never seen anything like it...several woman stood around the pumps chatting and laughing whilst 2 filled their cars up but the majority were SMOKING !
Thankfully we were soon out of there and back at the hotel.

Enjoyed the view of the strip for one last night and went to bed.

Cocktails :-)

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great day, love the sign photo!

We have booked an extra case this time in advance of our Florida trip. Im fed up of having to worry about weight limits!

Weather looks fabulous!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Brilliant day with lovely photos, Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
love the photo with the Vegas sign
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great photos, really hope to make it to Las Vegas one day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List