Imagineer

THURSDAY 17th May 2001

Cast list: -

Me (Shaun) - Wallet opener, chauffeur and bag carrier
DW (Alison) - Chief planner, navigator and mother
DD # 1 (Alexandra 7) - Cautious, shy and parking lot number guru
DD # 2 (Laura 5) - Daredevil, chatterbox and sleeper

Let the battle commence! -

Up and at 'em at 07:30 and eat breakfast in the room and blast off to MGM in the car at 08:15. Passengers are complaining that the trip is like Test Track but who cares? -

We get to MGM by 08:35 and straight through for "rope drop" in Sunset Boulevard- how cool is that? We've never done it before! -

"How was it for you darling?" - "Quite dull actually as there are hardly any queues at all so remind me again what the advantage was?"

However, we ran - honest we did, well as fast as the girls would allow us - "c'mon, keep up you slackers", "But dad we're tired" - over to RNRC. This ride was GREAT, AWESOME if all over very quickly - hmm reminds me of something else but I'll save that for the Debate Board! - LOL -

Then, checking the plan while we sprinted madly down the street, with the girls' feet only touching the ground once in every 5 steps, we reach TOT to find a 30 min queue, so grabbed a fastpass and went on The Great Movie Ride while we waited for our slot to come up. DDs loved it, especially the Wizard of Oz (Favourite film) and CMs interaction. We covered their eyes for the "Alien" part just in case -

Over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid - another big thumbs up from DDs. I thought that they wouldn't like it as Ursula sure scares the pants off me! - LOL (Note from Alison - I'm sure I heard him muttering something about Mother-in-law here but I'll let that go for now and use it as ammunition later!&#33. -

Dashed over to TOT - I love the themeing here, DW loves this as well but the girls chickened out again. Ok, I'll own up………I was on the ride and after the first drop I went to grab the hand rail and accidentally touched this woman's hand, but she didn't seem to mind! - sorry DW - LOL.

OK back to the plan - where now? -

But wait there's Belle. This is the first character we have seen out on the streets as it were. We said "bonjour", as you do and had photographs taken as well as autographs. Then, who do we see, Mr Smee, Gepetto, Donald Duck and Patti from Doug. I felt a bit sorry for Patti as not many people knew who she was or even wanted her autograph - shame- nice legs though! - LOL (I read that Shaun, but I'll leave it in! - Alison)

Collected FPs for Indiana Jones for after lunch. We had made a PS before we left the UK for the Sci-Fi Dine-in.

We LOVED this place to bits. We had BBQ chicken with curly fries and free refills on soft drinks. Kids meals, as ever, were burger, hot dog or chicken strips with fries, drink and a toy - hey, I want one of those! The kids meals cost about $7.49 and the total bill was about $58.

As with all of these meals much of the "fun" or "experience" is down to the character of the servers you get. Our waitress was a bit dull in comparison to some of the other servers who were hooting and hollering and interacting with the guests. The kids sat in the front of the car and we screamed and shouted at them as they do to us - "Are we there yet" - "I want a wee wee" - "Slow down you nutcase" - oh that was DW! - LOL -

I LOVED the films and I think I've seen most of them - I was bought up on "The attack of the 40ft Woman" and things like "Them". I could have stayed in there all day. Oh and the ice-cold beer was good. We're really pleased we came here - we'd been in 2 minds after all the negative posts on the boards, but maybe that helped - our expectations weren't too high!

(Note here - some of our best meals this holiday were the ones most criticised by others - Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time and Rainforest Café. Which just goes to show that you need to make your own minds up and not listen to others!! Oh, except us of course - we're right!&#33.

Indiana Jones was good and the kids enjoyed it. Glad to see nothing had changed since we were here 12 years ago! - and it was a good respite from the heat (never again this time of year) and the Squeeze Breezes came into their own.

We're flagging due to heat (and beer so I'm told), so back to CBR for a nap. That's a nap for me for 2 hours and a swim for the rest of the family! - Thinks…….I'll stop drinking beer during the day and save it up for the evening. I'm just getting too dehydrated during the day!

Things to get, so it's off to the Premium Outlets Mall for food and shopping. DW must be in her element now!

We ate at Subway which was excellent value and a change from burgers, chicken, steak etc and cheap too. We bought tons of stuff including some Timberland shoes for me ($40) and pins for trading for the girls. Girls wanted to go back to the UK as they were so bored!

Funny moment - We were approached by some girls from New York at the mall. "Wow where are you all from? Are you from Germany?" they ask. We picked ourselves up from the floor laughing before we corrected them.

What?.? , we've been called Australians before but never Germans! -

Then they said "Were you bought up to speak like that?" I don't know what they expected us to say - "No, we just put it on for the holiday". LOL . The New York girls especially wanted to listen to Alexandra & Laura talk (who of course went totally shy&#33.

We talk and laugh a bit more and head back to the CBR and crashed out by 9:30!

Tomorrow: IOA

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 02, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BONZO @ May 12 2002,10:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then they said &quot;Were you bought up to speak like that?&quot; I don't know what they expected us to say - &quot;No, we just put it on for the holiday&quot;.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
ROTFLOL .  .
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 02, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Funny moment - We were approached by some girls from New York at the mall. &quot;Wow where are you all from? Are you from Germany?&quot; they ask. We picked ourselves up from the floor laughing before we corrected them</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Surely that was due to the &quot;Beer-Breath&quot; Shaun .
I really fancy the Sci-Fi grub .
Old 21 May 02, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Sci-Fi dinner sounds great
Another want to try on our next trip  .
What a busy day  .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List