Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jul 14, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber

Had this problem and the HA involved were useless. I ended up moving out.

Keep a log of EVERYTHING, including time of day, type of music etc. If it goes to court you will need this. I've only skimmed through this thread so I dont know if you own your place or not. If you do, be aware that if you report it to Environmental Health and it ends up going to court then you will need to declare this if you sell up...whether they are still there or not. This is why I didnt pursue it. I just moved out.
Lozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 14, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We are having the same problem at the moment & our guy definitely knows how to work the system ! We have been told to phone the police day or night & even if they don't attend at least it is logged. The housing association has been great but their hands are tied as she says it is a long road to get him out. We took him to court 2yrs ago but we lost as it is not a nightly thing weekends only so 3 nights a week is seemingly not enough ! Good luck, I hope you get things resolved.
Old 20 Jul 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancingducks
Excited about Disney

Thanks both, I was on the market for three years, accepted some offers but then buyers mortgage or they decided to offer lower led to them falling through. Problem I have is I need to keep son settled, he moves to senior school in two years, no point moving in the next year if next (Special Needs) school is too far away as he's not great on school transport.

My best hope at the minute is I hope on of the other neighbours also speaks up and/ or the police do get involved even if it's for a "friendly" chat with the tenants .
Dancingducks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by Dancingducks View Post
I agree somewhat yet the landlord is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot. He said as I didn't have the telly on (my son prefers the quiet !) it made it sound worse. That is what I'm up against hence the ideas for anything else I could do in the short term especially.

The tenants don't want to know.
If you had the telly on could you hear it? if you were in bed would it keep you awake? If your son is very sensitive to noise and it wouldn't affect the average person then you have no case im afraid. EH would be looking for a substantial interference (statutory nuisance). If he agrees its too loud then you need to push him further, if necessary go above his head.

Good luck, keep us posted.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancingducks
Excited about Disney

Yes to both, could hear it in bedroom even over sound of fan
Dancingducks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 14, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I very much doubt a police officer would get involved as they are usually too busy to deal with these kinds of issues.

I would phone the local police station and ask for the local community support officer to call and speak to you about this, it is their job to deal with anti social behaviour so ideal for your situation.

They are very involved in community matters and would speak to the offending neighbours, other neighbours and the council if necessary.

However I still maintain it would be better to try and work directly with the tenants.
Old 21 Jul 14, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancingducks
Excited about Disney

Previous atttempts via me and the landlord have failed with the tenants. It's very hard to have any dialogue with a party who has chosen to ignore all previous attempts at this. They know the HA will do sweet FA or at best it will take months.

A police sergeant has emailed me back this afternoon and said his colleague will be in touch. What type of officer that Police Officer is I'm not sure yet.
Old 23 Jul 14, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

I suffered horrifically noisy and aggressive neighbours for the past four years.
EH dept gave me a noise recording machine and sent numerous letters to the tenants but they just ignored them.
The police came round many times, told them to turn it down and sometimes they came intio my house to listen how it was in my home, so yes they will attend because the rules changed again and now they do have a responsibilty to act.

The tenants just used to turn it up even louder after the police had gone though, constant all night parties etc, loads of anti social people going round.

I was all set to move but a few months ago they did a runner, and now it is bliss.

I think people like this dont stay in one place forever. But definately keep a record and report every thing to the police. they can have meetings with the EH dept and then involve the landlord, thats what happened with mine. although the landlord was thier friend so it didnt have any effect either!
Old 23 Jul 14, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Totally sympathise with you, I've been having problems with my neighbours too. Used to be a single lad, when he first moved in my kids were little and had issues with him and his mates and parties, but I would go around and speak to him and if all else failed, in the morning when I knew he would be desperate to sleep, I would put teletubbies on TV full blast in the bedroom go out and lock the door! He would comment to my mum that I had teletubbies in loud and she would respond "you must have had a wild party last night then" so he knew the deal!
Recently he moved a woman and her mother in - oh my days! They fight CONSTANT, shouting, screaming, swearing, throwing things, hitting each other, smashing things up, I mean proper scary stuff, then they started lighting bonfires, every day but they wouldn't do it while everyone was out at work, they'd wait Til it was time for everyone to come home and maybe get their washing out for a quick blow and then they'd light the fire after 4 days of this (oh and the fire would be blazing away Til after 10p.m) my hubby approached her in the garden and she flipped at him, started f'ing and blinding at him, waving the garden hedge shears at him. Eventually apologising saying she had had a drink, but then said HE had told her I was unapproachable and she wanted me to move my car so she could park hers there (I've lived here for 16 years and parked my car in exactly the same place! )
DH rang the environmental health and basically they told him to speak to them - done that, and then keep a diary, if it became a regular thing then they'd look into it.

Can't see them going anywhere, he has lived there for years. She disappears for like a week at a time, but always reappears. Thing was, she said about fostering, but with what I hear next door, I dread them fostering because I could not think of children being in that environment.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 14, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancingducks
Excited about Disney

Quick Update, the police have been (I was good ! ) and they are going to contact the landlord and "lean on them" to be more pro-active, the police will also try and arrange a meeting witht he tenants concerned and myself which is fine with me. I explained the tenants have refused previouslya s they just play the game, the police reckon they have a different way of approaching this so who knows ? Finally, if/ when the noise happens again I should phone 101 and advise the constant noise, my sons needs etc and whilst they can't promise an officer will come out straight away they will try and send someone (which is fine with me as the noise can go on for hours).

Spoken to EH as well, they are sending the usual letter out and asking me to keep diary sheets ...
Closed Thread