Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 15, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Tenerife, Siam water park

Anybody able to point me in the right direction for hotels which are easy to get from/to the water park. Due to hubby's cancer we can only get a week away in Europe have to rely on EHIC card and swiss assist. If we can get somewhere in easy distance of the water park think my 2 teens will be ok.

Did look at Salou and port aventura but the hotels that are coming up for last minute don't look so clever.

Any help, ideas appreciated.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Siam park has park specific buses that pick up/drop off in various points
Check/contact the park for the details, as the park is a bit away from the centre/beach.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We stopped at the Iberostar Bouganville Playa in Sept and it was less than a 10 min walk to Siam Park..

Really lovely hotel, 2 nice pools, good games room for teenagers, activities and just a few mins walk to the beach.
Location was excellent Playa is about 15 mins walk in one direction, Costa Adeje 15 mins in the other .

But there are buses to and from Siam park, when we left at closing time the buses were there ready to pick people up and take them back to the resorts.

If they go to Siam Park it'll probably be worth them paying 15 euro's each for the fast pass.. We didn't need them in Sept as the park was so quiet, but we will have them in August when we go back.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks storm and Daytonababe
So if I look at hotels at the Adele side of Los Americas and not the Los Christianos side we are in the nearer area ?

Can you pre buy the tickets before you go and can you get the buses from the general bus stops ?

Are you staying in the same hotel in August daytonababe or are you trying somewhere different. I am looking for an all inclusive but want an apartment so hubby as some privacy and somewhere to lie on his own when he gets tired.

Haven't done a last minute for years prefer to be booked early when there is more choice.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
My family have stayed at the Colon II apartments and said there's a bus that runs straight to the water park from outside the apartments.
Old 28 May 15, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Thanks storm and Daytonababe
So if I look at hotels at the Adele side of Los Americas and not the Los Christianos side we are in the nearer area ?

Can you pre buy the tickets before you go and can you get the buses from the general bus stops ?

Are you staying in the same hotel in August daytonababe or are you trying somewhere different. I am looking for an all inclusive but want an apartment so hubby as some privacy and somewhere to lie on his own when he gets tired.

Haven't done a last minute for years prefer to be booked early when there is more choice.
No I'm not last years was a freebie because we won it in a facebook competition ,
This years is strictly a budget last minute holiday, not sure where we will stay but it'll be in Playa somewhere.
Bouganvilla is a lovely place though and the rooms have been renovated since we went , and without wishing to be a snob (well alright I probably am!).. it doesn't attract the Chavs and 18-30 crowd.

And yes Adeje side of Playa is where you want to be really.

I don't know where you get buses from because it was so close we didn't need to look.
You can buy tickets in advance but its no cheaper , but if you buy them there you get the 2nd day for something like 15 euro's each.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Laura_<3 View Post
My family have stayed at the Colon II apartments and said there's a bus that runs straight to the water park from outside the apartments.
Will take a look thanks

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
No I'm not last years was a freebie because we won it in a facebook competition ,
This years is strictly a budget last minute holiday, not sure where we will stay but it'll be in Playa somewhere.
Bouganvilla is a lovely place though and the rooms have been renovated since we went , and without wishing to be a snob (well alright I probably am!).. it doesn't attract the Chavs and 18-30 crowd.

And yes Adeje side of Playa is where you want to be really.

I don't know where you get buses from because it was so close we didn't need to look.
You can buy tickets in advance but its no cheaper , but if you buy them there you get the 2nd day for something like 15 euro's each.
Thanks, I must be a snob as well then because I am discounting so many hotels, need something really clean and family friendly. Think I need to stop looking at the photos on trip advisor or I will never book anything
Old 28 May 15, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
That's pretty much how I spent my afternoon too ;-)

The list of one's I'm not stopping in is a heck of a lot longer than the list of one's I like !
Old 28 May 15, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

We have been going to Tenerife every year for the last 12 years and always stay in Parque de la Paz. Its near the Mediterranean Palace and really nice. Its quite flat and plenty of places to have a stroll along the sea front.

You can get the free bus from from outside the TENERIFE BEST hotel just around the corner but to be honest we always get a taxi to and from its about 5 euros each way and well worth it. You are then within 5/10 mins without sitting on the bus for ages and there's always loads of taxis waiting when you come out.
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 15, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by academy View Post
We have been going to Tenerife every year for the last 12 years and always stay in Parque de la Paz. Its near the Mediterranean Palace and really nice. Its quite flat and plenty of places to have a stroll along the sea front.

You can get the free bus from from outside the TENERIFE BEST hotel just around the corner but to be honest we always get a taxi to and from its about 5 euros each way and well worth it. You are then within 5/10 mins without sitting on the bus for ages and there's always loads of taxis waiting when you come out.
Parque De La Paz is on my short list, its near the Safari centre isn't it?

Looks nice enough from the picture's I've seen and I do like the location.

I did want to stop in the new Parque Santiago (4 or 5? I get confused with them !)..but I either can't find availability or its too expensive.
Closed Thread