Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 16, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
New Kraken Virtual Reality (VR) Roller Coaster at SeaWorld Orlando

inline imageIn Summer 2017, SeaWorld will debut its first digitally enhanced ride experience as the legendary Kraken roller coaster is transformed into a virtual reality (VR) roller coaster experience.

This thrill ride will be the only VR coaster experience in Florida. Guests will embark on a deep sea mission alongside sea creatures inspired by extinct and legendary animals of the past, including the mighty Kraken. A custom digital overlay with uniquely designed headsets, fully integrated both mechanically and electronically into the coaster train, delivers a new one-of-a-kind adventure.

The addition of VR to this fan-favourite brings a new level of excitement and interest in Kraken, for both new and returning guests.

Also in 2017 SeaWorld Orlando’s Dolphin Nursery will become more interactive, giving guests the opportunity to get up close to mother and baby dolphins in all new ways. Large-scale acrylic windows for better guest viewing, multiple levels to give kids a face-to-face view with baby dolphins and new slide out areas for easier access to mom and baby for the veterinary and animal care teams are just some of the enhancements.

Electric Ocean will debut next summer at SeaWorld parks in Orlando as a brand new, end-of-day spectacle event. As the sun goes down, the lights and energy go up, offering guests a different kind of fun after dark. The ocean comes to life with bioluminescent lighting, music and pathway entertainment, immersing guests in a glowing sea of wonder.

Seven Seas Food Festival, a popular music and food event at SeaWorld in California and San Antonio, is now coming to Orlando in 2017. SeaWorld Orlando’s popular music and food events will expand to a total of 14 weekends and roll-up under the Seven Seas brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SWO-2017-KrakenVR.jpg
Views:	44707
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	63713  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

I really like Kracken, but virtual reality rides like Simpsons make me feel ill, so I'm not sure I like this idea
Old 27 Sep 16, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Aero
Helping Minnie

Kracken really doesn't need this. its one of the best coasters in florida!
Aero is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Kracken really doesn't need this. its one of the best coasters in florida!
Agreed

But also, Awwwwww! We are going next Easter
That is not 'summer' by any stretch of the imagination so we won't get to do it
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucien21
Very Serious Dibber

Lucien21's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
I really like Kracken, but virtual reality rides like Simpsons make me feel ill, so I'm not sure I like this idea
The sickness usually comes from the feeling of movement from the screen when you inner ear is telling you that you are not moving.

Hopefully the VR is matched exactly with the motion of the rollercoasters so that the motion sickness wont be a problem.

I think it's an interesting idea if it is done right.
Lucien21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
herby247
Getting Excited

Hopefully you'll get the option of VR or not.
And hopefully they wont be using Samsung Note 7's!
herby247 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
The sickness usually comes from the feeling of movement from the screen when you inner ear is telling you that you are not moving.

Hopefully the VR is matched exactly with the motion of the rollercoasters so that the motion sickness wont be a problem.

I think it's an interesting idea if it is done right.
That's interesting to know, thanks x
Old 27 Sep 16, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Why why why ruin Kraken?!? Will the ride be closed for a refurb? Going in May and was looking forward to this
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

What an utter pointless waste of time.

The whole point of going on an outdoor roller coaster is that you can see where you are going, if they want to do VR why not just build a simulator? The Six Flags chain has ruined a load of their rides doing this, it has a dreadful effect on the ride's throughput - Sea World aren't that quick anyway, I can see this resulting in horrifically slow operations and long wait times which is a shame as Kraken is usually not a ride with much of a queue.

The VR thing is a fad which will hopefully go away soon!
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tolton
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Absolutely love the idea and look forward to trying it out.
tolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List