Notices

Old 5 Jan 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

OK, first of all... I'M GOING TO FLORIDA THIS YEAR!

So another update... things are not moving quickly in the planning department but I am moving house this weekend, so once I am all sorted with that, planning can commence! Y'know, in between work, eating and sleeping... oh who believes that? I'll be planning morning, noon and night!

I have changed an ADR, not having dinner at Be Our Guest on my birthday now, hopefully I can get a FP for lunch before I go! I'm now eating at Teppan Edo, seen lots of people saying it's really good, and this way I'll have a bit of company on my birthday, and I get to watch Illuminations! Win win

I have just applied for my ESTA, and...

YAY! (Sadly the US Govt do not add the smiley face, that was all me!)

Still debating whether or not to pay to book a seat in the bubble on the way out. Really not bothered in particular where on the plane I am sat (and as such wouldn't pay to book a specific seat on the way back) but the idea of being one of the first off, and not having to face a huge immigration crowd definitely appeals. I know, however, that should we land after any other flights I could well end up in a huge queue anyway, so really not sure. Any advice?

That's all for now, will update after I've moved and started planning.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 15, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Double Digits and Ticket Decisions!

So yesterday was my double digit day and it's hard to believe it is coming closer and closer!

I've been doing a lot of thinking and number crunching over the past few days, and I'm now about 95% sure I am going to go for it and become an Annual Passholder! I don't quite know where this all stemmed from if I'm honest, but one night last week I had a look at prices, got a bit scared at the big numbers and put the thought out of my mind! Then on Saturday I actually sat down and worked it out.

My original way was going to be 14 days Disney and 14 days Universal tickets, currently around £400 for a bundle of the two. Or approx $600. Then I have to factor in parking as I am offsite, $17 per day, even if I just did 10 disney days that's $170. Total of $770, or approx £510.

The annual pass is $675 (with tax) and 14 day Universal tickets are approx $185, total $860 or approx £570. Free Disney parking with the AP.

I'm lucky enough to be able to take off on holiday, no partner or children, and I could definitely fit in another holiday to Florida before April 2016, even if it were just a week and just Disney, or even combine it with a trip elsewhere in the US should I wish to.

I'm not particularly bothered about not being able to visit the waterparks on an AP, and the golf and Disneyquest that are also included on the 14 day ticket would sit unused anyway.

So that's where I am currently, I think my next task is to make my mind up properly on tickets, and then sit down one day off and spend some time making plans!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 15, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
baybeeuk
slightly serious Dibber

baybeeuk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That sounds like a good plan. I totally considered it myself and definately going to go through with it after this next trip bet your uber excited!
baybeeuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

So, this trip just got a little more... Interesting.

If you've read my NYC trip report, you'll know that trip was fuelled by my love for a certain person named Darren Criss, who was on Broadway for a few weeks. And then my first trip to Toronto in 2013 was because of a certain person named Darren Criss who was doing some concerts.

Darren Criss is going to be on Broadway again. So April 29th will find me waking up in Florida and going to sleep in NYC. Somewhere. I haven't worked out any of the details yet except buying a theatre ticket. I know this much... The timing could not have been more perfect. I am so excited, and haven't been able to keep a stupid grin off my face this evening. This is going to be the best trip ever.
Old 27 Feb 15, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Less than 60 days to go now! I decided to go for it a few weeks ago and have booked my seat in the Bubble, Dibbers Row, for my outbound flight! Thinking I should be able to book a seat for free on my return flight now or soon.

NYC flights booked with Delta for £135 return. No extra charge for credit card, no charge for booking seats. UK airlines take note! Staying in the same hostel I stayed in nearly 11 years ago, when I was only 19! I've heard it's been refurbished so it will be interesting to see the changes.

So here is the first very rough draft plan, I've only used the busy day guide on the Dibb so far, I foresee a fair bit of tweaking as the holiday gets closer, but this is the closest I've come to any kind of plan since I booked 8 months ago!

Sunday 26th - Online check-in in am, lunch with family, travel to Gatwick in afternoon. Park car at Gatwick, go to twilight check in to drop luggage. Check into Bloc hotel in South Terminal. Dinner at Giraffe. Attempt to a) stop stupid grin overtaking face and b) sleep.

Monday 27th - Frankie and Benny's breakfast. Wander round airport until boarding. Flight 11:15 with Virgin, landing in Orlando at 15:25. Pick up hire car (having done Alamo savetime online) and leave airport. (Note to self, don't forget to get some change for tolls) Check into Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando. Evening at MK if not too tired.

Tuesday 28th - Breakfast at The Wave @ Contemporary at 8:20am. Possible Walmart trip beforehand if up at stupid o'clock. Day at Epcot. Pack for tomorrow's flight.

Wednesday 29th - Travel back to MCO, try and get some quick breakfast on the way. Fly to La Guardia, NYC at 10:35am with Delta, landing at 1:12pm. Meet friends Check into HI hostel on 103rd Street. Dinner. Hedwig on Broadway. Probable late stage dooring after show.

Thursday 30th - Travel to LGA - again a quick breakfast. Fly to MCO at 11:42am with Delta, landing at 2:43pm. Possibly IOA for a few hours.

Friday 1st May - US, late afternoon/evening at MK.

Saturday 2nd - Unsure on plans. Possibly World Showcase at Epcot, properly explore it some more.

Sunday 3rd - HS then MK.

Monday 4th - My Birthday. IOA, Epcot in evening. ADR at Teppan Edo 18:50

Tuesday 5th - Rest/Shopping day

Wednesday 6th - 4 parks, 1 day. Start at AK as least recommended, try to get early FP for something here.

Thursday 7th - AK, HS in afternoon

Friday 8th - US

Sat 9th - Unsure Possibly visit Celebration.

Sun 10th - MK then HS

Mon 11th - Unsure. Fly to Gatwick from MCO 19:35, landing at 8:45. Find some form of caffeine and drive home.
Old 7 Mar 15, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
homerthecowboy
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We're staying at Rosen Pointe until the 30th April so will give you a wave if I see you!x :-)
homerthecowboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by homerthecowboy View Post
We're staying at Rosen Pointe until the 30th April so will give you a wave if I see you!x :-)
Will look out for people waving at me! Enjoy your trip!

Have finally crossed something off my to do list... bought car insurance for the hire car. I only took the basic offered to me by TCD, knowing I would find cheaper elsewhere for CDW etc. I've paid £64 for an annual policy so I'm covered until April 2016.

Spent 30 minutes in a luggage shop in Wimbledon last weekend debating their cases, they had a BOGOF offer on, but eventually I checked ebay and you can get similar for much cheaper. I also popped into a luggage shop in Orpington the other day and they had a large case for £30, same size as a £50 in Wimbledon.

I still haven't bought my tickets. I need to get them soon, at least the Disney one so I can start making FP selections at 30 days.
Old 1 Apr 15, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

I can hardly believe that I'm off to Florida this month! I just hope the next few weeks go by quickly!

In the month or so since I last updated, I have:

Almost finalised my plan
Become a Disney AP holder
Started booking my FP+
Been buying some holiday clothes

I've also printed off my documents, got an International Driving Permit (no longer compulsory I know but recommended for FL) and started a list of where I want to eat!

I have a friend who has just gone out to LA for a couple of weeks, and when she gets back I'm hoping to meet up with her and exchange her USA coinage so I have some toll money.

I still need to get my US tickets, and I'm trying to find somewhere that's a reasonable price and close-ish to Times Square for my night in NYC as my friend has had to cancel her hostel booking and I'm not sure about going up to 103rd St on my own at midnight or later.

I will make a post in the next couple of days with my plan and my holiday buys so far!
Old 5 Jan 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great pre trip looking forward to getting stuck into the trip report
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List