Notices

Old 19 Nov 15, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rachel's Unexpected Solo Adventures: Universal, Osborne Lights And Epcot

I got up about 7 today and caught an uber to Universal about 8am. Absolute bargain!

I arrived at 830 and headed straight to the park where they had just started letting guests in

I was in the first group on despicable me, which was better than I remember actually. I then did the mummy. I actually waited for over people to come along before going in as I didn't want to go on by myself - it was that quiet!

Next up I headed to Diagon alley and looked round, had a go with my Voldemort wand, had a Butterbeer, browsed the stores, etc

I then decided to head over to Islands. I had a specific list of things I wanted to do today!

First up I went on cat in the hat. Now I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if I were the only person on the entire ride!

I stopped at the treats store in Seuss landing for this peanut butter and chocolate cupcake .

Next up a wander around Hogsmeade

My remaining plan was the water rides! First up I went on Jurassic Park for the first time in about 3 visits to Orlando. Really enjoyed this. Finally I swapped into my flip flops and went onto Blutos barges which is one of my favourites. Soaked through as always but it definitely could have been worse!

I head out now to city walk. I didn't spend masses of time there, but don't feel so bad as I got their power pass for only $220 and should hopefully be staying at cabana bay when in Orlando for a conference next year, so will visit universal and city walk in the evenings then instead

Lunch plans were for bubba Gumps where I had my beloved lava flow...

Some onion strings - these were ok but not set the world on fire

And the best salad of all - the pear and berry (minus the pecans). Seriously good!

I head out now, after grabbing a Starbucks to keep me warm - air con after Blutos barges is not the best combo! Once back at riverside I went to the pool and read a book for a bit and then did a few lengths. I have knee issues and swimming helps so much, so I always need to get my swimming in! Around 4pm I head to Hollywood Studios for another round of the Osborne lights. This time I arrived in time for the switch on - people gasped so loudly, it was very special. I had read before not to go to the switch on as its too rammed. I disagree - it really made the experience hearing the story of the lights beforehand and then Santa goofy coming out to turn them on. Only got videos of this, sorry! I watched the lights for ages, before heading out. It was really rainy tonight, and I was feeling pretty tired. I decided to press on though and head to Epcot where it was to be EMH. I got the boat over and first jumped off at swan and dolphin and walked round to the boardwalk.

It was so quiet because of the rain unfortunately

I stopped and got pizza and salad from the pizza window (was about $7.50).

And then dessert of a cheesecake brownie from the bakery .

Once in Epcot I had about 30 mins to wait until my fastpass for illuminations. I found a bench which had a parasol covering it and sat and read for a bit - my feet needed a break!

Illuminations fastpass area is right at the entry to world showcase. This is such a good spot to see the show from. I had heard it wasn't worth doing, which really confuses me to be honest!

I head out after the show, but via mouse gear as I had a list of things I was due to pick up for people! They had started putting out all the displays for holidays around the world. A bus turned up straight away when I got to the stop, I got a seat and we were back in no time (it hardly seems to take any time to get to riverside - irrespective of which park you are at). Once back I watched the news a bit - interesting to hear their take on events in Europe. Also distressing when you hear Donald trumps suggestions to fix the world...

itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by itsrachelhere - 20 Nov 15 12:18 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

I wouldn't go on the Mummy be myself either

Looks like you had Universal to yourself. It's been like that for us since 2002.

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 15, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kim View Post
I wouldn't go on the Mummy be myself either

Looks like you had Universal to yourself. It's been like that for us since 2002.

Kim
Exactly. After all, the curse is real!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 15, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Good day
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 15, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another great day.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 15, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SmileysPeople
Excited about Disney

SmileysPeople's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi Rachel, I hadn't realised you were doing a picture report and just came across this!
Wow, you are really packing so much into your days it looks fantastic.

Interesting to hear about Illumination fastpass as I was thinking of booking this next year when with my parents, so we could get a decent view without waiting for ages beforehand. but had kept reading it wasn't worth it. I may rethink that now.
Claire x.
Old 26 Nov 15, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Originally Posted by SmileysPeople View Post
Hi Rachel, I hadn't realised you were doing a picture report and just came across this!
Wow, you are really packing so much into your days it looks fantastic.

Interesting to hear about Illumination fastpass as I was thinking of booking this next year when with my parents, so we could get a decent view without waiting for ages beforehand. but had kept reading it wasn't worth it. I may rethink that now.
Claire x.
Hi Claire,

Yeah it was keeping me entertained in the lines when on my own. but then the last couple of days were very much with friends, hence why I am behind with it all! I will finish it off soon, but I was working in London yesterday and off to Belgium this weekend so I feel like I haven't had a spare minute since getting back.

Knowing your thoughts towards fireworks and being stuck in a mass of people I would really recommend it for you. Same with the Wishes fireworks actually.

x
Old 26 Nov 15, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Good day
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Another great day.
Thanks both . Going to finish it off soon .
Old 28 Nov 15, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Another great day - you really know how to fit so much in!

Couldn't agree more about trump!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List