Notices

Villa Rentals
Reviews Sunset Haven at Sunset Lakes - Luxury 4 Bed 3.5 Bath Lakeside Villa
Reviews for this Villa
  Display Direct Link to this Review maudyhill 4 Feb 24, 12:26 AM
Stayed 15 nights in this villa .
Like home from home having everything we needed. Although there was only 2 of us theres plenty of towels, crockery etc for 8 .
Very comfortable and clean.
Ideal location for parks and restaurants and most importantly 5 mins to Twistee treats.
Lovely outlook into the lake and we were lucky enough to see a small Alligator.
Had no issues so did not need to contact management team.
Great communication from Melvin
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: January 2024
  Display Direct Link to this Review Moz 18 Oct 23, 08:55 AM
We spent 16 nights here in August into September 2023, we always choose villas in Florida as a family of 4 it gives great space.
Have stayed at Sunset lakes a few times now in various villas so knew the area well.
As most reviews have stated, Melvin and Lesley were great with correspondence from the outset, plenty of information and answered any queries quickly
We even had information and updates from them on the pending hurricane due to hit when we were there, thankfully the worst of it missed the area

The villa itself has everything you would need for the holiday, and in a cracking location, only complaint came from my 15 year old son as there was no pool table in the garage..! - not here to play pool son - got Disney World to visit..!

Pool area looks over the water at the back, didn't see any Gators this holiday but its a fab area to site at early in the morning with the days first coffee watching the sunrise

Would not hesitate to book with Melvin again - lovely villa in a great location...seemed the management company even put the bins out for us on collection day as they are nearby.
If you want friendly / tentative owners and a villa in a close location to Disney, and within 10 minutes drive of restaurants / Target etc then this is for you..!
Hope to be back one day
Cleanliness [4] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: August 2023
  Display Direct Link to this Review Pumba75 19 Oct 19, 09:47 PM
We spent 10nights here and had a great time. Our favourite place was the pool area and the view was beautiful. The villa was clean, spacious, fully equipped, homely and situated in a great location.

Communication with Melvin was good and prompt. Thank you!
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [4]Date of Stay: August 2019
  Display Direct Link to this Review 12 Jun 18, 08:08 PM
We stayed at Melvin and Lesley's villa for two weeks at the end of May/beginning of June. Melvin and Lesley were so helpful with our booking and replied to all of my emails straight away. They even answered a late night pone call from us in Florida when we'd lost some info we needed!
The villa was just perfect. It had everything we could have possibly needed and more. Plenty of bedding, towels, crockery and cutlery. Every room was big and airy with comfortable beds, our 5 year old loved the Mickey and Minnie room. The aircon was easy to control and the showers were nice and powerful. The pool area was great, day or night.
The villa was less than 20 mins to Disney, minutes away from plenty of restaurants and close to Walmart, perfect location!
If we are lucky enough to return to Florida, we wouldn't hesitate in booking this villa again.
Cleanliness [4] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: May 2018
  Display Direct Link to this Review speedwayfan 16 May 18, 03:10 PM
We have just returned from a couple of weeks in the Sunshine state. The first week we stayed in Melvin and Lesley's villa.

We have nothing but good news to report. We had the most relaxing week just sitting by the pool, visiting nearby restaurants and lots of shopping before heading to the beach for another week.

We have stayed in many Dibb villas over the last few years and this one is, like many others, just perfect - you will not be disappointed. The cleanliness, location,pool and size suited us perfectly as a couple but would not hesitate to book for our whole family too as there is plenty of room.

The view of the lake from the pool area is stunning and very quiet and relaxing. We were extremely lucky with the weather and definitely needed the shade of the lanai but the pool was in full sunshine for 80% of the day which suited me just perfectly.

I would not hesitate to recommend this beautiful home and hope to return in the near future.

Best wishes and many thanks for a lovely stay
Jill and Chris
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: April 2018
  Display Direct Link to this Review whiteswan 26 Feb 18, 04:15 PM
First off let me say I have stayed in many villas over last 10 years or so. From the initial enquiry to the flight home Melvin stayed in constant contact and answered all questions promptly. Very important. The villa is located on Sunset Lakes in a gated community 5 mins from many eating places (you need a car). It's literally a 5 min drive to Animal Kingdom ! The villa has all you need. Good size - plenty bedding/towels etc. Pool is awesome along with hot tub. If I was to find fault it would be that during January the pool area didn't get much sun at all - but not a lot the owners can do about that - the rest of the year will be fine - indeed in Feb (we stayed 7 weeks) - it improved greatly. Highly recommended. Would definitely stay again if they would have us ! One important point for me was the internet access/speed as I work whilst away from home - my max dload speed reached almost 200 meg - awesome for video-conferencing. Put THIS Villa on your list (Dave, Vikki & Mason)
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: January 2018
  Display Direct Link to this Review twinkly-tink 2 Dec 17, 03:36 PM
We just got back from an absolutely fab stay at this great villa!

Melvin and Lesley were great from the off. We were going for Thanksgiving and stupid me initially booked it for the wrong weeks! That was no bother... Booking changed no problem.

All my emails were always answered quickly, and the information shared before our arrival about the villa was also greatly received.

The villa... We were blown away and couldn't have asked for more. The location is great for easy access to Disney and universal -the journey he being a little farther but really not too long at all. There are Lots of restaurants close by on the 192 and supermarkets close too ( will be even better when the new Walmart opens that's no more than 5 mins drive away!) The gated community is lovely and quiet... and being gated it always felt safe.

There was everything we needed and more in the villa, linens and towels were plentiful and loved the fact that there was a washing line in the garage (as I don't tumble everything at home!) also loved the 'everything' drawer! .The layout worked well for us...and even with 6 adults we never felt crowded... Just perfect! And the view of the lake... Just beautiful.

We really didn't want to leave when it came to the time for us to depart to our friends house for Thanksgiving... Going to miss that top-ploader (though having Samsung myself I get the same little ditty at the end so i can almost imagine I'm back there! )

We all said we would definitely not hesitate to stay here again... Hopefully it will be in June for a week!

Melvin and Lesley, Thank you for sharing your fab home away from home with us. Lynn & Dave. Pat & Dave. Pam & Eric
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: November 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review linder 27 Nov 17, 07:35 PM
Just stayed at Melvin and Lesley's villa, it was lovely, beautiful view of the lake saw quite a lot of wildlife even a bald eagle which I've never seen up close before. Everything you would need was provided, very comfortable lovely to chill out, very homely . All communication was great especially after the hurricane to let me know there was no bad damage. You can't beat this area everything is on your doorstep and if you are doing the parks it is so easy and quick to get there and back, 15 minutes from magic kingdom using the sherbeth road shorcut. Very enjoyable holiday. Thank you
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: November 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review 31 Oct 17, 04:27 PM
We've just returned from a lovely 2 weeks away. We loved Disney and it was very full on, but coming back to Melvin and Lesley's villa every afternoon afterwards was a real pleasure.
The location itself made you feel rested after a long day. Looking out to the lake behind was beautiful and we liked to watch out for all the different birds. The villa was so spacious and had everything we needed to make it home from home. It was so spotlessly clean with plenty of linen and towels. Everything was clearly explained and labelled and so was easy to use, there was a fantastic washing machine and drier which is a must for me.
The villa is well located for Disney and close to all the popular restaurants and supermarkets on the 192.
Melvin and Lesley were a good team and communication with them was brilliant. Our whole experience was a very positive one and I wouldn't hestitate in recommending Sunset Haven. Whenever we come back it will be here. Thanks
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: October 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review 27 Jun 17, 01:37 PM
We stayed 11 nights from 31/5/17 to 11/06/17. Great communication with the owners throughout . Loved the location, very near to Disney and the restrauants along the 192.
The villa was very well equipped, great views out on to the lake, and the pool and jacuzzi were great.
Would not hesitate in recommending this Villa and hopefully we will use again in the future when visiting Orlando.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: June 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review fiona3103 15 May 17, 04:06 PM
We've just returned from a fantastic 13 nights at the villa. We were very impressed by all the communications we had with Melvin and Lesley. Sunset lakes is a great gated community which is very quiet and the villa is in a good spot within it. So easy to reach Disney and the Formosa gardens/rolling oaks area for eating/shopping. The villa itself is brilliant; clean, well equipped with everything you could possibly want or need and has a wonderful pool and outside space. We won't hesitate to return in the future.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: May 2017
  Display Direct Link to this Review The A team 25 Aug 16, 08:55 PM
We stayed 16 nights at the Villa in July / August 2016. We found it very homely and comfortable with everything that you could need, from lots of towels to pots and pans, there really wasn't anything missing.

The children in particular really loved the pool and would spend all day in there if we'd let them, but there were places to go.
The Disney parks were all very close, around 10-15 minutes to Animal Kingdom, Kennedy Space Centre just over an hour away and Florida Mall (American Girl Shop) around 30 minutes away. It was nice to be close enough to be able to leave the parks in the heat of the afternoon and spend some time in the pool and villa and then return to the parks in the evening.

We found all communication from Melvin and Lesley really good and we would happily stay here again in the future, if we are lucky enough to return to Florida.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: August 2016
  Display Direct Link to this Review Twiggy1953 7 Oct 15, 09:09 AM
We have recently returned from Melvin and Lesley's villa. We were only there for a week but it felt like a real home from home. It's a beautiful location and so close to the 192 and Rolling Oaks (Publix and Super Target). There is so much choice locally of restaurants should you prefer to eat out. Although if you prefer to eat in there appeared to be every conceivable aid you may require, including a barbecue. I even found 2 teapots - which can be a rarity in American villas - but essential to the English.
The beds were comfy and the master bathroom was huge. Our bathroom at home would have fit in the walk in closet. The pool is lovely - I believe it has recently been renovated - and there is also a outside bathroom (toilet and sink), to save having to go into the villa when you're wet.
Overall we had a lovely week and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the villa to anyone who is looking for a beautiful comfy villa in a gorgeous location.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [3] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: September 2015
  Display Direct Link to this Review captain-codeye 10 Jan 15, 03:29 PM
We have just returned from our second Christmas in Melvin and Lesley?s wonderful home.

We have stayed in many villas over the years and we would be hesitant to book any other now knowing that this one ticks all the box?s for us and may be disappointed elsewhere!

The villa is wonderfully equipped with everything you need and more to enjoy your stay, our trips are 4 weeks in duration and we did not find anything missing that we could have needed.

The villa is spacious and the beds so comfortable that sometimes it?s hard work to get up in the morning! The new remodelled kitchen has been done very well and of course as you would expect the villa is spotlessly clean on arrival, their cleaners do a superb job.

The pool area is our children?s favourite and even the pool toys are included in the rental. The pool when heated is so warm and the Jacuzzi even hotter.

The main reason we are drawn back to here is the location, Sunset lakes a wonderful gated community, it?s so close to Disney (less than 10 mins down the sherberth road) but at the same time the most peaceful place you could wish for, this really is a very quiet community.

The views over the lake are stunning and our lasting memory is looking out over the lake in the mornings watching the mist rise from the lake.

Melvin and Lesley are very informative and their management team are extremely pleasant and helpful, we have had no need to call with any problems but we met them on the road as we were going out one day and had a good chat.

We will be returning really soon to this wonderful home.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: December 2014
  Display Direct Link to this Review brhrar 23 Oct 14, 07:46 PM
After 12 visits to Florida this was the best villa we have stayed in so far. Location is brilliant, clean, huge TV, villa larger than we expected, quiet community and stunning lake views.
So close to Disney we enjoyed listening to the fireworks at night.
Melvin and Lesley were great to deal with and fast communication.
Highly recommended and would consider staying again on our next holiday of a lifetime!
Brian, Heather & Archie
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: October 2014
  Display Direct Link to this Review david.w1971 15 Jul 13, 07:55 AM
We have been to Florida many times now and I can honestly say that all things considered, price, quality, location etc. that this villa is by far the best we have rented.

Communication from Melvin and Lesley was excellent from the beginning and we got the feeling that they really cared about us having a great stay - which we did!

I would not hesitate to book again and would urge anyone to do the same.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: June 2013
  Display Direct Link to this Review pmac 6 Oct 12, 08:08 PM
We have stayed at Sunset Lakes before so knew that the location was excellent, with plenty of restaurants close by.

As soon as we walked in through the front door we knew we were going to have a great time here and it would be the perfect place to chill out between our park days.

It felt more like a home from home than a holiday rental with all the lovely touches that Melvin and Lesley had obviously taken a great deal of time and care over. The pictures of the villa really don't do it justice, sitting out by the pool each morning was a great way to start the day.

We stayed at Sunset Haven for the second half of our holiday and although we had really enjoyed our stay at AKL, there was a part of us that wished we had stayed here for the whole holiday! It was great having all that space that a villa give you.

Melvin and Lesley were very helpful from our first inquiry right through to our return home.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: July 2012
  Display Direct Link to this Review ragdoll cats 12 Oct 11, 07:22 AM
Stayed here for 5 weeks.This villa is a true home from home.The owners Melvin and Lesley are very easy to deal with and nothing is too much trouble.The location of the villa is ideal.We especially loved the view of the lake beyond the pool.It is ideally located too. Animal Kingdom only 10 mins away.Anyone thinking of booking this villa please do not hesitate in doing so you won't be disappointed.I have already booked for next year and can't wait to go back.The owners take pride in their villa and this shows.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: September 2011
  Display Direct Link to this Review nmeadows 30 Aug 11, 11:17 AM
We stayed at Sunset Haven at Sunset Lakes for three amazing weeks. The villa is excellently located for the parks which was great for getting to Disney for rope drops. There are plently of restaurants, supermarkets, chemists within 10 minutes of the villa. The villa provided a home from home and the pool area was a great place to chill after being in the parks. All in all I would recommend this villa to anyone wanting to stay in Orlando who want easy access to the parks and other ammenities but located in an area which is very quiet and peaceful.
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: July 2011
  Display Direct Link to this Review Minnie Manners 28 May 11, 09:32 PM
Booking our next holiday has caused me to remember our last - Easter 2010!
We always stay at Sunset lakes, but last year the villa we usually stay in was not availble ...so looked through and was very happy to try this one. Now have a dilemma in which one to book!
This villa was great, clean & comfortable, with nice fresh decor and lovely special Disney touches! (Much appreciated by my daughters and also Grandad!)
The girls loved the TV in the Mickey room and their lovely big bathroom, with dolphin theme, their favourite.
Grandad was so comfortable with his bedroom with own ensuite shower...and we took the master bedroom which had a view overlooking the pool and lake.
Special features for us were the spa, pretty night time lights in the pool, and enjoying the convenience of the 'pool' toilet accessed straight off the deck (super for the girls, no dripping wet feet in the villa) and the built in BBQ was something we had not met before.
We only had one small problem, which was the phone/internet...but fortunately met Peter (from the management company), as he visited to maintain the BBQ! He was very helpful and soon had the situation resolved via the 'phone company.
Understand more has been added this year to make the villa even more special. All in all would recommend this villa... and Melvin and Lesley, who were very helpful thru out
Cleanliness [5] Villa Management [5] Location [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]Date of Stay: April 2010
4 Bedrooms Sleeps 8 Sunset Lakes Community View on Map Private Pool Under 5 Miles From Disney FREE Telephone Calls - Local Only FREE Internet Access With Wireless Connection From Under £1000 Per Week
Sunshine Haven At Sunset Lakes
Florida Licence DWE 5916573

Our villa is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac in the gated community of Sunset Lakes with a landscaped fully screened pool and spa with hand rails over looking the lake.

Our villa features:
- Master Bedroom with En-Suite
- Double bedroom with En-Suite
- Disney Themed Twin room
- Standard Twin Room
- Seperate Bathroom
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with Breakfast Bar
- Spacious Lounge and Dining Area
- Pool with Spa
- Poolside Toilet and Shower
- Outside Kitchen Area and BBQ
- Double Garage
- Fully Air Conditioned throughout
- A Large Cable TV with 180 channels including Fox Soccer and X Box 360
- Telephone (Free Local Calls)
- Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer
- Key Lock Box (Instant Access On Arrival)
- Linen and Towels provided
*** New state of the art pool heater and lights added in Jan 09 ***
- Access to Communal Pool and Childrens Play Area

Living Area

Large, bright open-plan Florida stylelounge / diner overlooking pool and lake. TV (with 180 cable channels including Fox Soccer for English Football Matches.), X Box 360
DVD / VCR player with a selection of DVD's. Music system with a selection of CD's and tapes.

Kitchen

Spacious kitchen with breakfast bar and stools.
Large Fridge / Freezer, Large hob-oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Waste Disposal Unit,
Coffee Machine and Toaster.
Good selection of crockery, patioware, glasses and utensils.
Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Iron with Ironing Board and clothes line.

Master Bedroom with En-Suite

Master bedroom with King sized double bed and newly fitted 20" LCD TV overlooks pool area and lake. It has a large en-suite bathroom with a king size bath and large walk-in shower cubicle.
His and hers sinks / vanity unit with overhead hollywood style lighting and hair dryer.
Large walk-in wardrobe with rail, racks and cot facillities

Double Bedroom with En-Suite

Double bedroom with Queen sized bed and newly fitted 20" LCD TV.
It has an en-suite bathroom with sink, corner shower and toilet.

Disney Themed Twin Room

Twin room with two single beds with Minnie and Mickey cushions and colours.

Seperate Bathroom

Situated opposite the themed room. Bath / over-head shower, WC, his and hers sinks / vanity unit with overhead hollywood style lighting and hair dryer.

Standard Twin Room

Twin room with two single beds overlooking the front of the property.

Pool Area
Newly refurbished pool and Spa with Motifs of Moonlight & Luna the Dolphin Family, with state of the art colour changing underwater lighting overlooking the lake and conservation area providing a relaxing environment to sit and observe the passing wildlife and sunsets. Well established planters, large covered lanai and outside seating with overhead fan. Large gas barbeque.
There is also a poolside toilet and outdoor shower.

General

Sunset Lakes is situated:
- 5mins from Disney (Animal Kingdom)
- 25mins from Sea World / Universal
- 2mins from the main shops and restaurants situated along the 192
- 40mins from Orlando International Airport
- 60mins from Sanford International Airport

Guests also have access to Sunset Lakes private communal pool and childrens play area, with slides and swings.

The Two lakes both contain a wide variety of fish and the larger lake has a fishing jetty.

Please note this is a non-smoking, no pets home.

Rental Rates 2022/23

£800 GBP - £1100 GBP per week

Rates available upon request for part weeks

Optional Pool Heating - £150 GBP per week a security deposit of £250 is require with each booking, this is refunded after management checks one month after return.

All bookings require a £250 GBP per week non-refundable deposit

Availability and Booking

To enquire about a possible booking and to see whether your dates are available please contact:

Melvin and Lesley Pearce
melvin.pearce@btinternet.com
Advert Posted: 01/03/2009
Owner Last Online: 25/04/2024
Owner: Melvin Pearce Email
DIBB Activity Level: Gold

Want to advertise your villa here? CLICK HERE to find out how!