Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 06, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Pirate Ghost Ship Sighted at Disney's Castaway Cay

Blimey, what a bonus! We are booked on a cruise in September and even better we may bump into Johnny Depp!
A mysterious pirate ship has landed at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay, providing Disney Cruise Line guests with a swashbuckling photo opportunity and a peek into movie-making magic.

Guests sailing on a Disney Cruise Line vacation will discover a 175-foot ghost ship anchored at Castaway Cay. The ship is the Flying Dutchman, which made its silver screen debut on July 7 in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The Flying Dutchman's commander is the legendary Davy Jones, who serves as nemesis to the infamous pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, in the film.

The intricate film prop is unlike any other pirate ship -- with ragged sails and a barnacle-encrusted bow, the ship looks like it was raised off the ocean floor to haunt the open seas for eternity. The Flying Dutchman will provide a scenic photo backdrop, and guests renting boats on the island will be able to get an up-close look at the ghost ship.

While visiting Castaway Cay, guests should also be on the lookout for the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow. With the Flying Dutchman lurking just off the shore, the eccentric captain may be spotted around the island. Guests are encouraged to approach the hero and hear his tales about adventure on the high seas. The charming pirate graciously accepts requests for portraits and autographs -- if guests can manage to track him down.

If its there when we go I will definately take some piccies for all to sea - sorry see - must be the thought of seeing the captain!

Jules_C
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 06, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

DH sayes dont be silly he wont be on the island!

Jules_C
Old 17 Jul 06, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
RuddClan
Apprentice Imagineer

RuddClan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
excellent, what a bonus
Old 17 Jul 06, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=jules_c]Pirate Ghost Ship Sighted at Disney's Castaway Cay

Blimey, what a bonus! We are booked on a cruise in September and even better we may bump into Johnny Depp!

Ooo...when do you board? We board on 17th.
Old 17 Jul 06, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Ooo I cant wait to see it, Im cruising in august - I will post pics when I get home.

There is also meant to be a Jack Sparrow at WDW and DLP (Im going to guess that there is one in DLR too) now. YAY
Old 17 Jul 06, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

It's a shame none of you are Passholders. Stu put a picture of the pirate ship at Castaway Cay in the Passholders Lounge the other day. Got to tell you it looks fantastic!
Old 23 Jul 06, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=GOS]
Originally Posted by jules_c

Ooo...when do you board? We board on 17th.

Sorry Gos only just looked up today where I left off. We board on 28th, 1st timers on Disney Cruise so really excited. Booked childrens club, Palo, Stingray excursion on Castaway Cay for the boys and massage for me! bit of peace and quiet I think!

Hope you have a great time. We leave for Orlando on 21st.

Jules-c
Closed Thread