Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 06, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
martin
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

For Dibbers with tattoos

Hi Everybody

I'm going to get a tattoo soon; and no my question isn't "will it hurt" 'cause I know it probably will. I was more wondering about after you've had it done, how long does it take to heal? will it scab over? does it itch? what's the best way to look after it until it's healed and what's the best thing to put on it (if indeed you can).

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated

By the way this is all Miami Ink's fault!

Thanks,

martin.
martin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

I have two tattoos and the aftercare advice was diff for both, one said to put vasaline on it after 24hrs and one didn't, it does scab up and is itchy, but if you keep you hands off it then it should be ok, just don't pick!

I also used savlon spray on mine.

Suzi
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

After I had my two done...was told to keep it covered for a couple of hours...then to wash it in warm soapy water...and to pat it dry..don't rub it...then I'd put savlon on it...mine took about 5 days to heal..whatever you do... don't pick it when it flakes...lol really hard for me as I'm a picker... and don't go swimming or sunbathing Martin...what are you having done?
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

put clear prearation H on it for at least a week and keep it out of the sun, when in the bath put vaseline on it.

Prep H keeps the color stronger.
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Emi
Imagineer

Emi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Are you seriously SERIOUSLY going to get one?

What are you getting?
Emi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Lots of conflicting ways here so far, Martin! Don't worry, your tattoo artist will give you full instructions on how to keep it clean and aftercare dos and don'ts. The best advice i was given from my tattoo artist is to put baby powder on it if it starts to itch. It really does work to ease the itching! Enjoy it!
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TerriWest
Apprentice Imagineer

I can agree with the preparation H one - it stops the scab getting dry and itchy and also heals the skin at the same time. Get the proper ointment though, not the gel.
TerriWest is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I've had 2, one on my shoulder and the other on my lower back. Both times I was told to use E45 cream as often as possible and cover with cling film for at least 3 days. After that just to keep on with moisturiser. Didnt scab at all. Just kind of flaked and dried up (if that makes sense)
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
martin
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thanks for the advice girls.

Scotsmomma, at best you'll probably think I'm a bit sad and at worst completely stupid. I'm going to take a paw impression of each of my three dogs (they're Bichons so are small) and have the tatooist put them on my shoulder. Dodger's at the top and Molly's and Rosie's just below and beside each other, possibly with three little hearts includes somehow.

The tattoos just for me, not to show off or anything. My doggies mean the world to me and I know I will never grow tired of it or regret it.
martin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 06, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Nooooo not sad Martin... we all have our reasons for our tattoos...you go for it...
Closed Thread