Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Nov 02, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Question DLP DIY or package?

I've been looking at packages and DIY for a trip next year to DLP and wondered if anyone had any advice as to where to go for the best deals. Which is better for value - DIY or a package deal?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 02, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril
Apprentice Imagineer

when I was looking, because I wanted to fly it worked out a lot cheaper to buy a package as the flight was coming out at £350 each ! for a Mon to Friday flight, peak times because of buisiness use, Fri to Mon much cheaper

With a package, flight and accommodation together was less than that - though I did get a good deal and got the flights for £1 each from BA on a promotion through the package

If I was getting myself there with a car it worked out cheaper to DIY

Couldn't get over how the same hotel, flight and transfers differed in price from one company to another, there was over £200 difference between the cheapest and dearest so price them all.

Cheapest when I looked was Cresta, but it depends on what offers are available, time before it was Bridge Travel
Old 7 Nov 02, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Bovril for your advice - looks like I will have to do some price comparisons. I'll look into cresta and Bridge travel too.
Old 9 Nov 02, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Jenny

I booked a package with Bridge Travel when we stayed off-site a number of years back and it was a real bargain as it had 4 nights for the price of 3 and the kids went free.

When the kids stayed off-site in August it was booked through the DLP direct telephone number (which I can rake out for you if you want) and they were a heck of a lot cheaper than all the other quotes we got. Something like a 500 pound difference of something ridiculous like that!

Both times it was a self-drive holiday.

HTH

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 02, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
if you are staying a saturday night, or can get cheap flights on easy jet or BMI then I would suggest booking your own flights, and getting a package for hotel and tickets. I was able to get £60 flights on BMI and the packages were all in the £300 each range (for the flight portion).

for the hotel and tickets we used DLP direct and they were very competitive. in the winter they will often give you an extra night free. Also the price varys a lot depending on when you arrive - I think Fridays are the most expensive.

bev
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 02, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Bev and Astrid - I would like the DLP phone number please Astrid - the savings sound incredible but I do want to stay onsite if possible.

I did wonder about easyjet as they now fly to Paris from Luton so it would be more convenient to get to the airport from here. I didn't know what the transport would be like at the other end though - is it easy to get to DLP from Charles de Gaulle airport?

I have just priced up flights and for 3 adults (DD is 17 so counts as an adult) and one child I can get the total cost including airport taxes for £178.96 for all of us flying out on a Saturday morning and returning on Wednesday lunchtime (I can only price up to March at the moment though on the easyjet website) and I haven't really decided when it would be best to go (have to arrange it around DD's AS levels, and DD's term dates) but these prices looked really good to me.
Old 9 Nov 02, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyetta
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mickeyetta's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hi Jenny!

I've also booked with DLP directly before and found them to be the cheapest for packages. If you want to you can do an online quote but they only do this for packages without transportation included (ie hotel and entrance tickets only).Have a look at disneylandparis!

As for transportation from Charles De Gaulle to DLP, its one coach that stops at each of the terminals and then at each hotel at DLP and then it finally terminates at the train station at the entrance to the park. Sorry can't tell you how much it was as it was included in the package we bought with DLP, but the coaches were clean and comfortable!

Hope this helps... and Happy planning!
Mickeyetta
Mickeyetta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread