Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 23 Oct 06, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
KAY-Partyof5
Imagineer

Short & Sweet Surprise Trip To DLP

DAY 1
Long journey from Fife, Scotland to Ashford, Kent - won't bore you all with the details! The girls think that they are going on a long car trip to a train station so they can go on the "train that goes under the water"

Day 2
Day begins at 8am with our Eurostar trip from Ashford to DLP (via Lille). Girls are quite tired and can't really be bothered getting up to go on a "silly train". We are at this point bursting at the seams trying not to tell them where we are going!

Arrive in DLP at about 1130am. (We think we have done well heading lots and lots of strangers off at the pass before they give the game away!) We get off the train and head up the stairs and tell the girls to look around - a strange look comes over Abbey's face, she then asks "is this Paris?" we reply "what do you think?" she immediately starts jumping around shouting "we're in Disney, we're in Disney" That alone was worth keeping the secret! Mehgan on the other hand doesn't really understand that she is in Disney - eventually it sinks in! We head off to the Hotel Cheyene and drop off the bags, cuddle Pluto, then "run" to the parks!

When we arrive in the Disneyland Park Abbey is a little scared of all the Hallowen music and decorations, this starts to "rub off" on Mehgan and we think that maybe it might be a bit too much for them, however, their fears are quickly eleviated as we head for "Buzz Lightyear". All fears are quickly forgotten as we enjoy Buzz, Pirates of the Carribean and head to Big Thunder Mountain to see if Mehgan is tall enough to join the fun this time round! She is estatic to discover she is! A long wait ensues, however, as even the 30 minutes advertised was a tad optimisitc! Closer to an hour later; we ride Big Thunder Mountain for the first time as a family. Our suspicisions are confirmed, as we realise we have a little coaster chick on our hands! She screams the whole way round the track with both her hands in the air!

We are all starting to get hungry after all that excitement and head to The Rainforest Cafe (Mum's favourite!) for our tea. We are seated beneath a giant butterfly, near to the big elephant which Mehgan christens "Stampy". She even saves some of her burger for him!
The food was great. Abbey chose fish and chips followed by chocolate crepes, Mehgan chose cheeseburger and chips followed by smarties ice cream, Mum chose Siva's curry followed by a gigantic sundae and washed down with a glass of rose wine and Dad chose chicken fajitas followed by "Gorrillas in the Mist" banana cheesecake washed down with a large Kronnenburg 1664.

Stuffed, but happy we head to the shops in the Disney Village where the kids get to chose a toy each. Abbey (our little princess) doesn't hesitate and goes straight for the Minnie Mouse dressed as Belle (now known as "MinnieBelle") Mehgan, on the other hand, is determined to find a "Lightening A-Queen" that talks (that's Lightening McQueen to you and I!) Unfortunately we fail on that mission, but she is just as happy with a remote control "Lightening A-Queen". We head back to the hotel, weary but happy, to dream sweet dreams of what tommorrow will bring... (Abbey wakes briefly in the night to mutter "thank you for bringing me to Paris.") END OF PART 1!
DLP '05 & '06 - Cheyene
'11 - Kissimmee, '12 - Kissimme
DLP '10 - Disneyland Hotel, Hotel NY, DLP'11 Sequoia

Edited at 03:56 PM.
KAY-Partyof5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

How sweet and you did really well keeping it a secret, I bet it was hard!
Old 23 Oct 06, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

How sweet, You did really well keeping all that a secret, im hopeless at keeping secrets from the kids
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkabell_87
Imagineer

pinkabell_87's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
awwww thats so sweet might be the pregnancy hormones talking but it really did bring a tear to my eye! i cant wait to have my little baby now and take them to disney! thankyou!
i am very glad you all had a great time

Alexis lily Mowat. My world. My life. My miracle. My everything.
08.06.12 4lb 8oz
pinkabell_87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Sounds like a very good trip, we actually had a very nice weekend at ashford my DW loved the shopping
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What a wonderful surprise!