Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Mar 10, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
miss lumpy
Excited about Disney

Disneyland Paris march 2010 day 2(part one)

carol 44
sue 43
clare 24
darren 24

WED 10TH
Our only full day here.
Woke up at 4 15 for no reason & cat napped laid waiting for the alarm to go off on carols phone at 6 15 because we had a character breakfast booked for 7 30 at cafe mickeys so when a knock came on the door at 5 45 I was shocked to see clare asking to borrow some cream & she looked at me all a dishevelled from bed & said are you not up yet? so I said well yes just getting up but has I was talking I could see something was'nt right then suddenly realised that it was later than I thought & realised the alarm had'nt gone off because carols phone was still on english time so we had 15 min to get ready. has luck would have it we had a shower last night. so It just a case of getting dressed & because we wanted to go straight into the park from mickeys we had to make sure we had all the camera stuff & was properly dressed to last out so autograph book in hand & a few food bags to pinch a few goodies from the buffet(I know its naughty but everyone does it honestly) we were off.
Its just a short walk of about 7 min from our hotel & when we got there it was fairly quiet too & was seated straight away. we had time to get some food eaten before the characters came out at 8 oclock/ all the hot food was kept under silver tureens( sorry about the spelling) there was garlic chopped potatoes first, crispy bacon, little fat brattwurst sausages(tasted nicer than they looked but a little spicey) scarmbled eggs(rather runny) all looked very nice & had it been hot would have tasted much nicer & we arrived quite early so people eating after us it must have been just about warm for them. sorry but we simply forgot to take photos of the food. after the hot food we went back to see what else was on offer. which was the usuall continental fayre it was all presented very nice & there was plenty to go round and everyone was friendly..Now we booked this from home & it cost us £12 50 each which I thought was quite reasonable

YEAH CHARACTER TIME
First off was mickey( the smallest mickey I think I have ever seen) now because I was filming most of it we have only a few photos cause clare & darren took most off them on there camera & we hav'nt had a chance to download them yet so this is all we have. you get 6 characters in total who appear 3 at a time we had mickey, prince john & a very grumpy goofy(who really could'nt be bothered) then we had chip'n'dale (yeah) smead..

The characters went around the half full room quite a few times did all the usual things stayed has long has they felt you wanted to take photos or interact with them after they changed once the same 3 come back out again for the new customers that have arrived in between so we decided it was time to fill our litle goodie bags with a few pastries couple of yoghurts 2 pieces of fresh fruit & a small handfull of the many dishes of sweets that are placed everywhere. said our goodbyes & left.

We split up here clare & darren went back to the hotel & we went for extra magic hours to disneyland

first stop the long awaited space mountain. when we went to florida last year this ride was closed for refurb & was so disapointed because its my favorate ride. . the ride was empty so we had it all to ourselves, It has more inversions & a loop I think than the florida one but it did bang your head around a bit so we said we will go on something else & come back for another go a little later. carol was getting colder now cause the sun had'nt warmed up yet so ... out came THE HAT.

Next was buzz lightyear again a walk on my highest score so far this visit was 507 000 & carol got an amazing 207 000 to say she had a bad start. then we headed over to go on indiana ride. we had to wait for rope drop for this one cause that part of the park was'nt open for another 5min. thought when we got there there would be a queue but again it was empty & we were straight on. loved this ride especially the upside bit needed the restrooms now & like looking for the indi ride there was no signs so we had to ask again.

headed over to BTMR but for some reason it was'nt running but there was a big queue for it so went into the gift shop for a while till the ride opened. about 20min later we queued for this only about 10min again another favorate of ours after this ride we took a steady walk round & took photos & video footage made our way to the bakery on main street for a warmth & a hot drink

I got a souvenier mug of coffee & a brioche for 6euros carol had a bottle of fanta ( she does'nt drink hot drinks) we sat in a lovely warm booth( god I sound old)& ate some of our stolen goods:
they were very yummy Mmm..

Off over to do tea cups which you cant get to spin very much (Boo)
then onto the carousel( is it me or do other people find it a little hard to mount & dis-mount with dignity)
walked around to the castle & went inside bought some lovely engraved mickey/minnie vodka glasses 5euros each

Then look what we found

I got my souv mug refilled up here & he did'nt charge me for it( thanks disney) just 3 euros for the candyfloss

From here we went round to the curious labarynth area & took a walk round which was nice except there was a couple of kids running in & out of the bushes making holes & spoiling it for other people..
you could climb up for some good photos

From here we dicided to take the train over to main street to go see the parade at the studios park.
got in place in a spot we thought was good but has the parade comes forwards it splits so some came past & so came behind us, then the crowd all surge to where they stop to do the performance so we decided to stay where we were cause we knew they would have to come past again.

to be cont

Edited at 11:37 PM.
miss lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 10, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyx5
Very Serious Dibber

Great Report!

Disneyland Paris Aug '02, Jan '03, Jan '04, April '04, Aug '04, Jan '06, April '06, May '07, Feb '08, April '08, Oct '08, Feb'10, Aug '13
Florida Jul '93, Aug '00, '01, '03, '05, '06, '07, '08, Apr '09, Aug '09, Jun '10, April '11, Aug '12, '14, '16, '17
disneyx5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 10, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Great report - bring on part 2!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 10, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkers
Imagineer

Can't wait for part 2 and love the hat

Hilton Head April 2018
China & Japan Sept 2018
Portugal Oct 18
Tinkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 10, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
...then onto the carousel( is it me or do other people find it a little hard to mount & dis-mount with dignity)

(Sorry, can't make 'quotes' work).

Yep, me too. I went in the 'chariot' instead.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List