Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Nov 04, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post

First Timer with a 1st attempt

We're heading off for 3 weeks from 16 April for the 1st time. There's 4 adults (Me, my wife, my brother and his fiancee) and 1 nine year old (my son).

We're thinking about going for the 10 day world ticket, 4 park Orlando and the Discovery Cove/Busch Garden (7 day option).

My brother and I are looking to get some golf in whilst the others chill out and looking at Falcon's Fire, Orange County (Panther), Disney Magnolia and Highland Reserve (since that's where our villa is). Suggestions welcome.

Haven't even thought about evening stuff yet, just looking for comments on general whole day stuff

1st attempt at a plan is as follows

Sat Apr 16 Arrive 6pm - get to villa and collapse
Sun 17 Epcot
Mon 18 Universal studios
Tue 19 Golf/Chill out
Wed 20 Animal Kingdom
Thu 21 Island of Adventure
Fri 22 Nothing planned
Sat 23 Animal Kingdom
Sun 24 Disney Studios
Mon 25 Golf/Chill out
Tue 26 Seaworld
Wed 27 Universal Studios
Thu 28 Island of Adventure
Fri 29 Golf/Chill out
Sat 30 Magic Kingdom
Sun 1 May Epcot
Mon 2 Typhoon Lagoon
Tue 3 Golf/Chill out
Wed 4 Blizzard Beach
Thu 5 Discovery Cove
Fri 6 Busch Gardens
Sat 7 Leave 2pm

As you can tell, haven't really got a clue what I#m doing yet, but hoping that you kind folks out there will help me refine it a bit (or a lot)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 04, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi and welcome to the Dibb

Just a thought - do you want a water park day before Discovery Cove (which is a bit like a water park)?

The rest looks fine - plenty of golf I see. Do you all play golf? No shopping planning I see!

Julie
Old 19 Nov 04, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I did wonder about spacing the water parks out a bit more, and I've noticed that I've missed out Wet'n'Wild.

Only my brother and I will be golfing, leaving the others to do the shopping part if need be.

Suggestions for evenings would be welcome
Old 19 Nov 04, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

If you don't do Wet n Wild, your cheapest ticket option is (I think) DC with Sea World and Busch, plus a Universal 3 day get 11 free ticket, if you can get hold of them.

You also need to wait for the park hours before finalizing your plans, especially for MK, as the parades and fireworks are not on every night except in high season.

Don't expect your 9 year old to be able to do whole days and evenings. Or even yourselves for that matter! We find that we either do lazy mornings and afternoon/evening out, or day out/evening in, or morning out/afternoon by pool/evening at MK or Epcot.

Re. how many days to spend where, what do you like to do? Are you into thrills or not?
Old 19 Nov 04, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

edie_w

Thanks for the info. To be honest, I'm not fussed about what we do, but I would imagine that we will be more towards the thrills end of the spectrum (more so for the adults than anything else).

One of the problems is trying to plan is that we're not telling our son about it until we get to Edinburgh airport, otherwise it's a case of for the next 5 months (The adults are bad enough)

What I'm not sure about is how long you should spend at the various parks to try and do each one justice. I would imagine that some need longer to see than others
Old 19 Nov 04, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I would suggest doing DC earlier in the holiday incase of bad weather and then at least it can be rescheduled and it may allow for 2 days to Busch if you really like it. Oh EPCOT is a great first day choice
Claire
Old 19 Nov 04, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tip Claire...looks like it's time for a reshuffle and 2nd draft time
Old 19 Nov 04, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread