Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jun 05, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post

seqouia lodge at xmas ?

we are thinking of DLP for a trip just before xmas,
we went at this time ( 18 till 20 th dec ) in 2003 and stayed at the disneyland hotel , which we loved , we have previously stayed in the cheyenne ( liked ) and the newport bay ( which we hated ! ) , but have never done the seqouia, i think it looks nice and is half the price which means 3 night stay instead of 2 for half the money ...

any info or tips would be very much appreciated.. thanks xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 05, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I stayed in the seqouia a few years ago, really liked it. Restaurants were quite pricey though.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 05, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Re: seqouia lodge at xmas ?

Originally posted by faeristar
we are thinking of DLP for a trip just before xmas,
we went at this time ( 18 till 20 th dec ) in 2003 and stayed at the disneyland hotel , which we loved , we have previously stayed in the cheyenne ( liked ) and the newport bay ( which we hated ! ) , but have never done the seqouia, i think it looks nice and is half the price which means 3 night stay instead of 2 for half the money ...

any info or tips would be very much appreciated.. thanks xx
Have to agree with you about Newport Bay!

Sequoia Lodge is great - we've stayed there twice, once over Christmas. The only recommendation we have for that time of year - make sure you book tables for your evening meal in advance, as the restaurants get very full...

Have a great time...
Old 16 Jun 05, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge last year,very nice hotel, didn't eat at hotel in evenings, only for breakfast. In the eves we eat at the Disney Village, more Disney atmosphere we felt. Hope you have a very good time.
Old 17 Jun 05, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

does anyone know if crowds are bad all week before xmas or worse at weekends ? did that make sense ? sorry ! we are thinking of going sunday till wednesday ..but can change to mon thursday if crowds could be avoided ..thanks xxxxx
Old 17 Jun 05, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
who are you booking with? Would love to do DLP at xmas.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 05, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

anna, we are going to book first choice, in dec the seqouia and some others are 3 nites for price of 2 , but not the disneyland hotel, this means roughly hotel disney £1500+ for 2 adults 2 kids for 3 nites, and £ 718 for the same at seqouia, this includes direct eurostar, passes etc...a good deal i thought, i know florida prices are more economic but we cant do that yet so dlp is a great xmas alternative, especially xmas time , hope u get to go too xx
Old 18 Jun 05, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Isn't it funny... we love the Newport Bay. Enjoy it more than DLH!
Old 18 Jun 05, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

i think my experience with newport bay was unlucky, we had 2 buggies and only had use of a v small lift which was dead slow, our room really smelt, our breakfasts were bad ...all in all i can see why people love it, its just for us it was not good! .
the disneyland was great but not as posh as i imagined, we only stayed there as i had an emergancy op and our halloween trip at cheyenne was cancelled, we decided to re book in dec, and as i was only just out of hospital flew and stayed at the dlh as it was less walking...i dont personally think its worth the hype, the location is good though! , no i think the seqouia will look good at xmas, my kids are old enough to walk back to the hotel etc... i can feel a countdown coming on !
Old 19 Jun 05, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at the SL and loved it...especially in the winter as it has indoor pool and I imagine it would look really Xmassy! Have also stayed in NB and loved that too, although it was miles to walk to find your room. Has anyone ever stayed in the NY Hotel...
Closed Thread