gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

The very unexpected trip! Pre trippy

Countdown Update: http://DIBB.in/9005899
The Plan is coming together update: http://DIBB.in/9056737
The Goody Bag Update http://DIBB.in/9104554
Only 2 more Sleeps Update http://DIBB.in/9130669

Hi Everyone,

I don’t know if many people will read this but I am so excited about our trip that I figured this would save my poor other half listening to me endlessly if I write it all down.

This is my first ever pre trip report so I apologise in advance for awful writing and endless rambling! I have been on the Dibb for a while trying to gather up loads of information in preparation for a Florida trip, however that trip is no longer looking likely (I will explain all in a minute). I have been slowly but surely reading pretty much every trip report and pre trippy on the forum, both Paris and Florida. I love reading them and it makes me feel like I am going. So with my own little Disney trip finally booked I decided I had to write one also.

The Cast,

Me: Gemma I am 28 (but will turn 29 in Disney ) I am completely in love with all things Disney. I am also a bit of an obsessive planner (however I am starting to feel that maybe Disney and planning just go hand in hand). I am forever torn about which Disney movie is my favourite. I love the classics: Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin but my other top two which I never tire of watching are Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood (if you haven’t seen them get them they are amazing). I also love all things Pixar again probably not that big of a surprise. I have been pretty lucky and got to sample the Florida magic twice with my family. I also had a cheeky two-day trip to Disneyland California with an ex and a very rushed one day trip to Disneyland Paris with the same ex. I loved California and if I am honest I don’t remember much about the Paris trip. I have a bit of a grown up job but that doesn’t stop me rocking up to any and all meetings with my Disney pens and notebooks in tow, actually its now so well know that someone rather senior in a different team that I deal with now feels the need to stick a Disney picture on the end of most emails he sends me (especially if he is avoiding doing work for me!). But I love it and it makes work far more interesting when your notebooks look like this:

Anyway sorry I am rambling this is me:

Boyfriend: Maurice (aka M) 47. We are have been together just over 2 years now and have been living together just over 4 months and to be honest life is pretty fab. I was pretty nervous about the whole moving in together thing, after a disaster with mentioned above ex, but we just have the best time together and things are even better than before (sorry sappy bit over but he is just such a cutie!). Now as you may have guessed M is a bit of a proper grown up with a very serious job and honestly doesn’t get the whole Disney thing. I have tried to ease him in and he does enjoy some of the movies but the thing he hates is what he calls “the singy bits” you know those lovely parts in the movies when they break into song? My favourite being the song that is sung when Belle is walking around the village (actually got it on my ipod its my favourite going to work song!). Well he hates them and as such put a big fat veto on Orlando and sadly it isn’t looking likely that he will change his mind on that one any time soon. However, M does have a massive love of Europe comes from working in Europe for years and the fact he is fluent in French and Italian (and a bit of German). Hence why the DLP was a bit easier to swing, but I will explain all shortly.

Again sorry for the rambling thanks for bearing with me, this is my gorgeous boy (just to avoid future confusion that is actual a Mocktail he is drinking, being Mr super fit and healthy he does not drink so instead it will just be me sipping back the cocktails!):

How the Holiday Came About,

So it all started as we all do with a bit of “I wonder how cheap flights to Europe are maybe we could have a little city break later in the year”. Oh I will add during all of this I was still obsessively pricing up Florida I mean full spreadsheet itinerary the lot. So suddenly I noticed that Paris flights where coming up very cheap with Ryanair but I didn’t want to go to Paris (I have been before and I have lost count of how many times M has went). So I posted in the DLP forum asking about transfers from Beauvais to DLP turns out its miles away but, prices for flights and hotel where amazing.

Anyway armed with all my information I decided to just take it all to M and sell it on the “you will get to speak French” line I know its weak but stick with me. So seeing the rather good deal I had got for the long weekend (remember this piece of information it is important) he was happy to just rent a car and drive from Beauvais to DLP. So I priced these options up and then I started to price up CDG thanks to the rather fabulous Geoffa giving me loads of help and info. Now as you clever lot probably already knew going to DLP at the weekend is a bad idea, so I thought I would try and do a 3 day stay during the week. Well M decided he really wanted to be there for my birthday (see little cutie or what) which is on the Sunday. I then figured out that for the hotel it wasn’t that much more expensive to add in the extra days that would cover the easyjet direct flights.

So well done to all of you who got through that and followed it! What we now finally got booked was in fact a 5 night 6 day stay from Saturday the 16th of November to Thursday the 21st of November (my birthday being on the 17th). Now the best part I had priced up lots of flight options hotels etc and then the combined discount you got by booking both through expedia. What we ended up with then was our return flights and our hotel for …………..£360.28. Personally I thought this was a really good deal as our hotel room is actually like a little studio with a kitchen and living area. M always prefers to stay in apartments on holidays so this is perfect for him and the price and free Disney shuttles made it a done deal for me.

This is where we are staying:
Park and Suites Prestige Val D'Europe, i think it looks gorgeous.

My Carefully Constructed Plans,

Ok so now onto all our plans. I have been pulling together a spreadsheet of our plans but after reading some not so great reviews of my must do restaurants things are looking not so set in stone. But anyway on to our rough holiday layout.

As you know we arrive on a Saturday and we think that it should be roughly 3pm/4pm by the time we get to the parks. Plan is to go in on the Saturday and really use it to get our bearings pick up some maps and schedules and have a good nose about (get M used to the feel of the place, plus I am happy for it to be rammed that day so the next few days we are there he will love it!).

The Sunday is my birthday and the plan is to be in WDS for opening time and get loads done then back to the hotel after lunch at Earl of Sandwich (obviously) to freshen up before coming back to the DLP for a cocktail or two in the Disneyland Hotel then dinner in the park before Dreams. This was originally going to be dinner at Walts but after some pretty awful reviews I have been changing my mind about that one and am now swinging towards the Agrabah café instead. If anyone has any other ideas views or opinions please let me know

Monday will be a whole day in the Disneyland Park with lunch in the village at Annettes then ideally dinner in the Village at the Steakhouse.

Tuesday is our Paris day (oh I probably forgot to mention that). Part of my selling this to M was having a whole day in Paris so that’s what we will be doing then. I won't be planning any of this day just probably staring gooely at M while he chats away in French and sorts our train tickets and finds some cute little locals only place for dinner.

Wednesday is our last park day We will probably be doing studios in the morning then the park all afternoon until closing time with lunch being at a CS place but if someone could recommend a great place for lunch that day I would be very grateful.

Thursday is check out time, I am hoping to pop over to the village and maybe do some last minute shopping and if we haven't already get up in the big balloon thing. Then grab some lunch before heading to the airport for our flight home.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me this far i can imagine it has been a pretty dull read but wow it feels good to write it all down and not just have it in my head wanting to tell M every last detail over and over again. I have already started buying some new clothes and shoes for the trip but on a bit of a weight loss mission and holding off to see if i can shift a bit more by the time November the 16th comes.

Gemma xx

P.S. i appreciate the pictures are a bit giant i will try and figure out how to get them a tad smaller! No one needs to see my face that big ever! Although if anyone needs a new fire guard well print away xx

Edited at 10:51 PM.
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Very nice birthday trip you have planned
November not that far away you never know M may love it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by twindisney View Post
Very nice birthday trip you have planned
November not that far away you never know M may love it
Thank you, i know November is fast approaching. I stuck up some countdown sheets for us (well me ) back when it was 92 days, i don't remember how it got to 54 i actually recounted as i thought i had been scoring off extra days

I do keep telling him that although he doesnt seem to think so!

xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

You never know he may love it just cos you do my DH is coming for the very first time next march it will be my 10 th trip, says he coming to see what he's missing hope he enjoys it we will be having some nice meals so that will keep him happy .
I see you live in edinburgh we love edinburgh at Christmas
Me and 4 of my children are up at he beginning of December could you tell my some nice food places that would be ok for 2 5 year olds ?
We like Italian as it easy with small kids.
Last few times we where there it was and nandos and Pizza Hut stick to what you know. Tia xxx

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Old 23 Sep 13, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

You never know he may love it just cos you do my DH is coming for the very first time next march it will be my 10 th trip, says he coming to see what he's missing hope he enjoys it we will be having some nice meals so that will keep him happy .
I see you live in edinburgh we love edinburgh at Christmas
Me and 4 of my children are up at he beginning of December could you tell my some nice food places that would be ok for 2 5 year olds ?
We like Italian as it easy with small kids.
Last few times we where there it was and nandos and Pizza Hut stick to what you know. Tia xxx
That is impressive that your DH has lasted until now! My poor M has had me going on about Disney since very early on

My plan was for a few nice meals but some of the reviews for Walts are awful and to be honest if it was that bad that would be disney struck off his list forever

Edinburgh is very pretty at Christmas, I've only just moved here I used to live in Glasgow but I no this one place which is really nice and we took M's 6 year old nephew here for lunch they had a good kids menu and a cool colouring in kit for them. They have a few restaurants in edinburgh but the one on George the forth bridge is right near the castle and national museum (also its opposite nandos if all else fails).

vittoriagroup/#vob

I will have a chat with M see where else he recommends, we don't have kids but lots of my friends do so I am sure they will have some ideas for you

Xxxx
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I was thinking walts on our first night tbh some people love it and I've never been.
I do like all he Buffett places my fav being in the NPB for the view over lake disney on to cafe mickey when it's dark pure happiness nice sea food.I had a trip with twins just me and them before they where 3.we ate here for the first time, it was dead like we had the whole place to our selves.
One of my happy memories
I've had a look at the menu looks great for the kids, I know where it is to
Thank you for asking M don't just want to do the same places.
We have booked a holiday let for 2 nights excited but disney would be better xxx
Ps cocktail list looks good to

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Old 23 Sep 13, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

I am Sure M will get the Disney big once he has been! We are off to Florida next year and can hardly contain my excitement and have started spreadsheets and making plans! Have a wonderful trip !
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 13, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

I was thinking walts on our first night tbh some people love it and I've never been.
I do like all he Buffett places my fav being in the NPB for the view over lake disney on to cafe mickey when it's dark pure happiness nice sea food.I had a trip with twins just me and them before they where 3.we ate here for the first time, it was dead like we had the whole place to our selves.
One of my happy memories
I've had a look at the menu looks great for the kids, I know where it is to
Thank you for asking M don't just want to do the same places.
We have booked a holiday let for 2 nights excited but disney would be better xxx
Ps cocktail list looks good to
Disney would always be better! Oh what is NPB that sounds lovely, such a great memory. X
Old 23 Sep 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
I am Sure M will get the Disney big once he has been! We are off to Florida next year and can hardly contain my excitement and have started spreadsheets and making plans! Have a wonderful trip !
Ooh you are so lucky sounds fab, nothing beats a bit of spreadsheet planning. Xx
Old 24 Sep 13, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Disney would always be better! Oh what is NPB that sounds lovely, such a great memory. X
New port bay hotel.
I think its getting refurb soon.
It is a very nice memory x

Edited at 09:07 AM.