Notices

Old 5 Feb 14, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Ever too early for a pre-trippie...

Nope!

So i'm starting this one. A whopping 12mths to go till our 3rd family visit to DLP I'll admit, i'm a little more than excited.

February half term 2015, staying the monday-friday so 4nights/5days.

Very early planning decision making stage.

So far i've booked the Sequoia Lodge for us in a golden forest room. Justifying the upgrade price by the saving on not having a cafe mickey breakfast & knowing how pricey drinks are at the resort the lounge will come in handy too.

It's a toss up between Eurostar & driving at the min. My immediate thought was Eurostar but the more I debate it the more I lean towards driving. ho-hum...

It's not a budget trip as such but i've no intention of paying more than is necessary. The less I spend the more we'll have left for the next visit!

Honest reason for a pre-trip report is somewhere to actually write down the million & one thoughts & ideas that pop into my head. Really don't think I can mention it again for atleast a week without his head exploding. He's very understanding & happy for us to go but would much rather leave all the planning to me & go with whatever I decide.

Our 2 children will be nearly 9 & 4.5 when we go. The only definite plan I have so far is not telling them. That's if keeping the secret doesn't kill me

Will be back to ramble on some more very soon. Ideas & suggestions always welcome! Already got a mental list of restaurants
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 14, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

How exciting! Lots of time to plan and gets tips. I also have an oh who doesn't want to discuss it anymore!
If (when!) we book again, I think I'd drive to maximise time there and doesn't seem too bad.
What are your meal plans? We're off soon and I'd love ideas.
Happy planing
Old 6 Feb 14, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post

I like the idea of choosing when we arrive & leave rather than being stuck to eurostar times. Also the direct prices during the holidays are more than I want to pay, even booking on the day of release! A premier inn is £29 & ferry £70 return, a possible option for us.

I don't like cafe mickey but the kids do so probably there for the 1st night. They also love BBWWS so there's another night sorted. Blue lagoon is a must & will see how bothered they are by the princesses by then, auberge being a possibility.

Not doing a meal plan, want to be able to eat where we want when we fancy it really.

Dp does want to go but doesn't quite 'get it' in the same way I do!

I love planning it all & get really excited then tell him & he just nods in agreement haha x
Old 6 Feb 14, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Yup lots of nods here too!
We're looking at blue lagoon, not sure our 2yo will manage bbws. Cafe Mickey is a must do, mainly cos I'm a huge child!
Old 6 Feb 14, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Our son was 2.5 when we 1st took him to bbwws, absolutely loved it! Nearly a year later he still talks about it, wears his 'yee-hah' hat & makes me wear one too haha. Can't wait to take him again, wish I could tell him but far far too long to make him wait. Boooooo

I don't like cafe mickey. Food has been poor both times & characters not a patch on inventions BUT my daughter loves it so it'll be a must.

They get cafe mickey, I get blue lagoon. Fairs fair

going to get them a lanyard & a few pins each too I think. Don't think either would want to do much trading but collecting a few would be fun.

Off to search...
Old 7 Feb 14, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I know she'd like the idea, but a goldfish has nothing on this child!
We've also got some pins, but I doubt she'll let me trade- currently loving pairs of items so our starter set with 2 sets of 2 pins is a favourite!
What other bits did your 2.5 year old like? Tips welcome!
We're not there on a Sunday so sadly can't do brunch, so cafe Mickey has got to be done!
Old 7 Feb 14, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

James loved the buzz ride & dumbo. The shows in the studios were great for him too.

We made sure we knew where all the toilets were too which was useful!

We didn't do many meet & greets in the park but did plenty of character dining, he loved it.

I always took a little snack box for him too which came in handy. We let him sleep whenever he wanted during the day & tried to keep plans flexible. Lets face it overtired 2yr old are pretty horrid lol.

He got so much out of going we took him back 6mths later. He's still totally minnie obsessed now so can't wait for next year x
Old 7 Feb 14, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad to hear that littlies can love it too, yeah I think we're packing more good than anything else!
Old 21 Feb 14, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Plenty of planning ahead. We're probably going to be staying at SL in October too.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Had a bit of a quiet one today at work so had a bit of time to get disney-ing

Currently waiting for confirmation on the characters in hotel so now not really sure where we'll stay for sure. Maybe golden forest, maybe New York, maybe offsite, got a million & one possibilities whizzing round my head! Decided to try & not stress over it for now, wait & see what happens.

Instead I've done my research for our day trip into Paris. No matter when/where we stay we'll def be doing it. Yay to towers & macaroons!

As our youngest will only be 4 we don't want to plan on loads of walking as he's really heavy to carry & we won't be taking a pushchair. There's no way i'm wrestling with one on the metro!

I also don't want to try & fit too much in & be rushing or stressing so after much consideration have chosen the top 2 things I think the kids will enjoy. Eiffel tower & a river cruise

We'll buy the mobilis zones 1-5 tickets from the station at DLP. We'll be able to use these on the RER & the metro so will be all we need. simples!

So we'll be taking the RER line A from DLP & staying on till the CDG Etoile station. From there we'll change to the Metro & take line 6 to Bir-Hakeim just a short work from the tower.

Tickets pre-booked (of course!) 90 days in advance we'll be going to the summit to take the obligatory touristy pictures & selfies. Hope we'll get decent weather & have some awesome views

Next up will be the river cruise so from the tower we'll do the very short walk the the seine with maybe a yummy crepe to help us along. Find one of the hour long trips aimed at the clueless tourists such as ourselves.

Loads of companies to choose from but possibly these.

bateaux-mouches/

Cheaper than I expected! They're very regular & no real need to book in advance so like we won't be on a time deadline. I may be able to fit in more than one crepe...

After our lovely lil boating experience we'll see how we feel & what the kids want to do. We'll be a 20min stroll from the Champs-Elysees so if the weathers nice & they're not tired we may head there. I'd love to but got to remember it's more for them than me!

If they've had enough we'll jump on nearest metro & head back to RER station to get back to DLP. Back to our disney bubble

Now i've written it down here I won't lose all the info haha x