Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 May 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Just upgraded DDP to DxDDP but think I might regret it now!

So I got it in my head that I NEEDED deluxe DDP and today, after a nightmare love chat with Virgin where they tried to charge me £1067 for 2 people for 7 nights to upgrade from DDP to DxDDP (and me threatening to cancel my whole holiday, move it by 1 day to keep my deposit and rebook because they were ripping me off and that wasn’t the price Disney charge them (that claimed it was) they came back with a more reasonably £539 and did it.

But really, I think I might have just thought the idea of it is better.

Is there too much food? Does it ruin your park plans because you are rushing for ADRs? I think we can break even on the cost easily with where we are planning to do and the starters, but I’m worried I have just make the rest of the planning all around dining!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
But you can also do walk ups so no planning there. You can go to all the 2 credit restaurants without giving it a thought re cost i mean. Just go with the flow maybe for some meals and book others. It is a lot of food but you can enjoy all the restaurants 3 times a day if u like.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
You can take advantage of being up at stupid o'clock with jet lag to use a credit for a buffet or character buffet breakfast either in a park, or in a resort before you hit the park. Then you can have 2 credit dinners most nights. Use your snack credits for lunch on the go in a park, or to buy sweets and nuts as souvenirs/presents to take home.
Old 13 May 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We are thinking of doing the same. A family of 5. Currently have the DDP and only staying on site for 5 days. Thinking of doing a character breakfast for the kids each day and then a signature in the evenings which I think will provide good value for us. However, as you say I can’t decide if I want to be tied to that many adrs... and if I’m going to use credits for a quick service the value of upgrading starts to dwindle somewhat. I’m going to sit on the idea for a few months before I make a decision 😂
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did the same thing but we are onsite for 14 nights... we booked with first choice so automatically got the deluxe plan.

I am worried about the plans, we have had ADR day and all went well, I just hope we don’t feel put off with how rigid it is when we’re there!

This is our fourth trip to Disney so we have seen a lot of the parks, this trip is all about the food and we know that upfront! Cannot wait to try signatures and we love appetisers over desserts!

I plan to review everything we try!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We’re doing it to.
I don’t think we’ll regret it. We like food!
I do think it might be annoying if we’re wanting to stay late in a park but I guess we can always cancel on the day. I appreciate there’s a fee for this though.

We spent so much money on checkout last time from having appetisers and paying OOP having used all our credits on signatures so I think this works for us.

Edited at 06:36 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds fab !
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All very personal but for me would be an absolute no. I couldn’t eat three TS meals a day or one signature and one single credit TS. Too much food. Too much time spent eating. Not enough time in the parks and pool.
Old 13 May 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think it’s fine if from here on in you don’t worry about using every last credit. Book no more than 2 meals a day (we like a buffet breakfast and an early dinner) and don’t be put off using credits on cheaper meals or even QS if you want them.
Also, looks like you will be there during Epcot Flower and garden festival. Remember that you can swap a TS or QS for 3 snacks if you do it at the one booth, so go crazy snacking round the world!
Make the upgrade a gift (eat what you want when you want) and not a stress (must get back the value). As with many things at WDW, the golden rule is to bring a good attitude!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
We did the same thing but we are onsite for 14 nights... we booked with first choice so automatically got the deluxe plan.

I am worried about the plans, we have had ADR day and all went well, I just hope we don’t feel put off with how rigid it is when we’re there!

This is our fourth trip to Disney so we have seen a lot of the parks, this trip is all about the food and we know that upfront! Cannot wait to try signatures and we love appetisers over desserts!

I plan to review everything we try!
so you get deluxe dining with a first choice package?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List