Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Cleaner dilemma

I have a cleaner who comes once a week, when I am at work. She’s been coming for about two years and overall we are very happy.

The original deal was 2 hours for £10 an hour. She also does 2 bags of washing for me returned and ironed the following week.

About six months ago we installed a camera at the door and I made her aware of this, it really just covers the front door and does invade on privacy.

I can see from the timings on the camera she is there a lot less than 2 hours. This week she was there only 65 minutes. Now the quality of her cleaning hasn’t changed and she does a bloody good job, but I am becoming increasingly miffed by the time she spends. Do I mention it or just suck it up?
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Does she get paid for the two bags of washing separately or is that included in the £20 you pay her?
If it’s included then you are getting a bargain and there is your extra 55 mins
If that is not included in the price and you pay her separately for the washing & ironing then it’s more tricky. You are happy with her work so you don’t want to make waves but you are paying an hourly rate.
It’s very cheap to have 2 hours for £20 though
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Mobile

No the washing is another £20, this arrangement started some time after she started cleaning and she let me know she had a space for washing.

Yes I know it’s cheap, although I think it’s the going rate in our area, my parents pay the same.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Did you agree two years ago that the time was set to two hours? Maybe as said she now can do all the jobs you asked her to do in much less.
If I was happy still with her work I would let it go to be honest.
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

My friends cleaner took her boyfriend with her one visit whilst my friend was on holiday... the boyfriend went back alone a day later and nicked her car.

Good cleaners are hard to find, is she is reliable, does a good job then leave it.

I can clean my bathroom in less that five mins including washing all the tiles, the toilet and floor. Also i can do it in 15 minutes. Results are the same but quicker one means im out of breath and getting a work out so i do it fast!
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Problem as I see it is if you say anything, she could always then spend 2 hours at your house but still only do the same amount of work, just do it slower. Is there any other work in the house she could do? You could always initially say to her, if you find you have spare time could you please do …..whatever! …..

my sister has a cleaner and pays for the work done. i.e. the cleaner does the kitchen and living room one day and upstairs and bathrooms another day. Doesn't matter how long she takes, she gets paid a set, agreed amount.
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Maybe you are too tidy for her lol and she hasn't a lot to do or maybe over time she's gotten quicker, after a couple of years she probably knows your house inside out and has a routine. If she's a good cleaner which you say she is I'd just leave it be, plus do you really want to go back to doing your washing and ironing that is a real bargain, I used to have an ironing business a good few years ago and I charged more than that and didn't do the washing 😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would probably look at it as £20 for a clean house rather than a set time limit. This seems really reasonable to me.
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you think the work she does is worth £20 ? If so I would not think of it as an hourly rate, more a cost for a clean,if thatmakes sense?
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks, yes she is reliable and I totally trust her, I also don’t think she’s trying to hide the fact she’s doing less time.

She has a set routine and then sometimes does an extra like the fridge or a cupboard.

The washing/ironing I probably would never have considered but she offered and I have to admit I love coming home to a pile of clean clothes ready to put away.