Old 15 Dec 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Five Fords Fifth Family Floriday Aug 18 - Day 18 - Magic Kingdom, BOG Lunch & Disney Springs

Saturday 25th August

Slept really well last night, once up Scott went out to get some coffees and pastries for breakfast. The kids didn’t wake for another hour and we chatted and drunk our drinks out on the landing as usual.

Once we’d all dressed etc and had eaten some breakfast we set out on our way to Magic Kingdom.

It was 9.45am when we arrived at the bus stop so we expected it to be fairly quiet and it was. Only waited a few minutes for a bus and before we knew it we were entering the Magic Kingdom

Our first fastpass was for Space Mountain and it was my turn to take the boys on whilst Scott and Poppy went for a ride on the People Mover.

It seemed really busy in Space Mountain with the fastpass line being really long? It kept moving though so that was a good thing and before long we were zooming into space! Not sure if it was because I’d not been on this ride for ages but it felt like it was going really fast, not a bad thing though. I absolutely loved it and so did Hayden and Jamie.

Met back up with Poppy and Scott and we all went to ride our beloved People Mover…Yay!

Stopped off for a snack as we’d seen this particular item on the Disney Food Blog and we wanted to give it a try. The Cheshire Cat Tail looked better than it tasted lol. We also picked up some drinks too.

Once we’d finished our next fastpass time was open and it was for the 7DMT – our fastpass choices don’t seem to change much!

Poppy absolutely loves this along with the next ride we’d be going on Big Thunder Mountain. We obtained a return time for Peter Pan as we walked by. Again the fastpass line was really long but it kept moving. MK seemed really busy today probably due to it being a Saturday?
Poppy wanted to ride with her dad this time so I got to ride on my own. Loved it as always!

Next choice for us was the Hall of President’s Hayden wanted to watch this and it’s a show we’d never seen before so we thought why not.
When we entered the CM explained that the next show wouldn’t be on for another 16 minutes so we popped next door to Sleepy Hollow and picked up a couple more snack items and drinks.

Then we went back in to watch the Hall of President’s show which was actually quite good and we learned quite a bit in the process. I did feel a little sleepy whilst we watched though, sitting down in a darkened air conditioned room was quite bliss and I must admit to nodding off a little.

Once back outside we noticed the sky had got considerably darker and we thought we could hear thunder in the distance. It looked like rain was coming.

Whilst we’d been in the queue earlier I’d managed to book a fastpass for Aladdin’s Magic Carpet so we walked over to use it. Now I must confess to never have been on this as I don’t really like rides that just go round and round. I decided to be brave and give this a go haha. Well it’s not the smoothest of rides but it’s far from being extreme too. It was quite fun and we had a laugh as we flew around.

Our lunchtime ADR for Be Our Guest was approaching so we walked over to Fantasyland next. I’d forgotten to pre order our food so we had to go in the line and wait to order. This took absolutely ages!

Once we’d completed we found a lovely table in the main Ballroom section which was also situated next to those beautiful windows. Loved watching the snow falling it looks so real, this place never fails to wow me.

We got ourselves some drinks then our food arrived, that didn’t take long at all. Now the lunch here is good value and it doesn’t really feel too much like a quick service meal. We could’ve easily shared some of the food but we had so many QS credits to use up that we had a meal each.

The food was quite good and we felt refreshed for having some time out of the sun.
We then used our fastpass for Peter Pan which we love so much!

Still feeling quite hot we opted for a cooling ice cream from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. Using our snack credits we ordered various ice creams and sundaes which we actually struggled with as we were stuffed from our lunch. They were melting really quickly in the heat!

Whilst we were sat there we saw lightning and the sky was starting to turn really dark. It looked like a storm was coming so we thought it was a good time to leave Magic Kingdom.
A bus soon came quickly which was appreciated as it was now chucking it down. We saw some spectacular forked lightning on our way back.

Back in our room we all showered, changed and we were on our way out again at 6pm. Thankfully the rain had changed to a light drizzle so we walked over to see if the boats were running as we wanted to go to Disney Springs for the night.

As we walked over we saw a boat pull away from the dock so at least we knew they were running. Didn’t take long for another boat to come along and it’s such a lovely way to travel to Disney Springs. I so love the music they play, so soothing.

Once we arrived we had a look around the Market Place. We called in Ghirardelli’s and used up a few snack credits on their chocolate bars. The assistant there asked where we were from, told her Sheffield and she was like oh wow that’s where Dr Who is being filmed! I didn’t even realise? She was such a Dr Who fan!

Next stop was the Disney Store which was being renovated so the shop wasn’t as big as usual. I picked up a couple of photo albums, I always get these, and we also bought a few other souvenirs.

Between us all we decided to eat at Deluxe. I’d not had a proper burger yet so was more than happy to dine here.

I ordered a delicious alcoholic shake for myself, never had anything like that before and it was so good.

Scott and I shared a meal as both of us and Poppy too were still feeling full from lunch. Hayden and Jamie really enjoyed their food, well we all did, don’t think you can go wrong with burgers and fries.

We spent the rest of the evening walking around Disney Springs. Near the Boathouse there was a band playing on the stage area there. We got a couple of cocktails and listened to them for a while. It was very busy there which made for a very lively atmosphere.

On our walk around Disney Springs Scott was starting to feel a bit hungry. We were near to the Poutine booth so Scott ordered some poutine from there. Had a little try and whilst I like the chips and cheese I the sauce was a little too salty for my liking. Scott loved it though and said it was very filling. Ordered the Fireball Sangria with the meal which was very good!

We wondered around a little while longer then caught the bus back to POR. I must admit to nearly nodding off on the bus, wondered why then saw that it was 11pm, I couldn’t believe how quickly the night had passed by.
Poppy had wanted to go in the pool today but we couldn’t go earlier because of the lightning. Scott took poppy down to the small pool for ½ hour whilst the boys and I watched some TV and Youtube.

It was nearly midnight by the time Poppy and Scott had dried off then it was straight to bed!

We had another relaxed kind of day and we had really enjoyed our night at Disney Springs but I was a bit shattered by the end of it!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Busy day! Thanks for sharing ☺️
Old 17 Dec 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Busy day! Thanks for sharing ☺️
Thank you for reading
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Great day! We are from Sheffield too- we are zip by the water tower at Norton and we watched them filming a Dr Who episode from our house! Always nice to know there are other Sheffield Dibbers! X
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Great day! We are from Sheffield too- we are zip by the water tower at Norton and we watched them filming a Dr Who episode from our house! Always nice to know there are other Sheffield Dibbers! X
Oh wow i didn't realise they filmed up there! I know that area well
How fantastic for you though seeing a show being filmed!
Yay to Sheffield Dibbers x
Old 20 Dec 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Gosh, you're having some really late nights... well done to the kids for keeping up with the pace, they're real troopers.

Great morning at MK, and a lovely looking lunch at BOG. I love the setting too, such a beautiful restaurant.

Isn't Disney Springs a lovely place for a wander? We love it there. It feels like you got through a lot of snacks today... it's good that you're getting them used up. We didn't enjoy our burgers at D-Luxe too much when we ate there, we found them quite greasy. Maybe they've improved since then and I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Gosh, you're having some really late nights... well done to the kids for keeping up with the pace, they're real troopers.

Great morning at MK, and a lovely looking lunch at BOG. I love the setting too, such a beautiful restaurant.

Isn't Disney Springs a lovely place for a wander? We love it there. It feels like you got through a lot of snacks today... it's good that you're getting them used up. We didn't enjoy our burgers at D-Luxe too much when we ate there, we found them quite greasy. Maybe they've improved since then and I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner.
I know some days i felt shattered but it didn't hit me until we sat down at the end of the day. It didn't bother the kids of course we would've come back sooner if they were tired.

That's a shame about D-Luxe, maybe it depends on the day?