Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Question Anybody with large group experience...?

Hi, (First-timer here)
I have done lots of searches on here and have found out lots of helpful information! However, I'd be interested to read some itineraries and trip reports that involve large groups. Does anyone know of any please? I have gone back pages and pages on both forums (and have read a lot of them with 2 or 3 people travelling) but no groups our size.

There will be 11 of us. 7 adults, two 14 yr olds, one 11 yr old and one 4 yr old. So, we are really interested to read about what others did with their young children regarding rides etc. and is it best to stay together or split up at parks... ?

Also, we haven't booked our vehicle hire yet and would like to read about what others did (1 large van or 2 minivans etc.) We are staying in a DIBB villa at West Haven for 2 weeks Easter next year.

Thank you!
MrsG1973
MrsG1973 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Hello, I went with a group of 18. Much easier to have multiple vehicles. I would say at least one per couple of adults. We had three mini vans which wasn't enough tbh but you could always do a minivan and a couple of small cars. Best to split up and have agreed meet ups or phones as everyone usually has different things they want to do.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Thank you DiscoD...!
I don't think I could organise 18 of us! The problem with my 11, is that they aren't 'planners' as such lol and are happy for me to tell them what they are doing.
Old 2 Aug 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsG1973 View Post
Thank you DiscoD...!
I don't think I could organise 18 of us! The problem with my 11, is that they aren't 'planners' as such lol and are happy for me to tell them what they are doing.
Hi! Welcome

Even if they’re not planners - definitely have more cars. You might find that they’re happy to go with your planning, until theyre tires and fed up of the crowds/heat.

The biggest group I’ve gone in is a 3 - so hardly anything! But if we had of stayed off site with just one car, one of us wouldn’t have come home alive. Luckily we were on site so we could nip off on our own when we’re ready for a change of scenery.
The other reason is some people may not be so good at wanting to get to the park early to beat queues, I’ve read loads of trip reports with big groups where half the group won’t get up, half as desperate to go out and neither one is very pleased.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Hi! Welcome

The biggest group I’ve gone in is a 3 - so hardly anything! But if we had of stayed off site with just one car, one of us wouldn’t have come home alive. .
Lol Scaramouche! Yes, good point. Thank you. It is going to be better to hire more than one vehicle. I don't want to fall out with my family in Magic Kingdom!

I wish I knew where you found your trip reports though for large groups! I'm trawling through them now...
Old 2 Aug 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

I'm about to upload our pre trip for this August. Not a massive group but 2 families.
4 - adults
2 - teenagers
1 - 9 year old
1 - 4 month old

we've gone for 1 car (or bus) as for us it works out better.

RedRach is currently uploading a report with multiple family members and kids of different ages.
here

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG1973
Trying for More Ears

Thank you Gwilspeed! Looking forward to reading all about your trip.
MrsG1973
Old 2 Aug 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsG1973 View Post
Thank you DiscoD...!
Believe me when I say we were far from organised. I took part of the group to the wrong theme park one day. Hopefully everyone has a good time. I always love teenagers with young kids, as the teenagers are usually more into than the wee ones.

Hopefully you get what's right for your group sorted. If you go to book jump over to the transport section as there is some awesome people posting there just now helping find good deals.

Virgin Atlantic and virgin holiday have some great prices on Alamo car rentals just now.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did a group of 7 last year and are going as a 9 this year. My report is linked via my signature and I would definitely recommend a minimum of 2 cars
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We're a 10 this year, but we're split into 7 and 3 as far as accommodation (separate but close resorts) and cars go.

We won't be doing everything together every day, but a lot of things we will.