Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile Ok so I’ve booked 😁

Took advice from somewhere on here to not book my internal flight and to just do my london to Orlando then New York to London.

Finally found a connection that’s doable. 2hr 45 mins via Chicago instead of the 1hr 30 mins in New York.

Premium economy with British Airways for 2 adults, a 15 year old and 9 and 8 year olds.
£4,400.

Had a quick look at internal flights and they’re coming up cheap enough that all the flights in total will be less than £5,000 and I was hoping I’d get them for less than £6,000.

The only thing I can’t find is how to choose my seats. It let me put a preference but not actually choose.

Booked through Carlton. They were coming up way less than everywhere else.

Do I not get to choose my seats now?
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok so I’ve managed to book seats on the outward journey which is being operated by AA but the BA Flights for the way home they want to charge for 😭😭😭
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

If your internal flight is not part of an onward connection expect to get quite hefty baggage charges unless you are already travelling hand luggage only.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
If your internal flight is not part of an onward connection expect to get quite hefty baggage charges unless you are already travelling hand luggage only.
Oh crap, I never thought of that 😭😭😭
Old 1 Oct 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Although I’ve saved £2k on what I was being charged for all 3 flights together so will just have to be careful with the shopping lol
Old 1 Oct 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Am I right in thinking that outbound you are flying direct to Orlando. And on the way back are flying Orlando to Chicago and then Chicago to London on two separate tickets?

If so, just worth noting that it won’t be on a through ticket so should you incur any delays out of Orlando you may not make your flight from Chicago. And the airline wouldn’t be required/responsible to get you on an alternative flight either.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

No, outbound is London-Chicago-Orlando.
Inbound is New York to London direct.

Just gotta book internal flights from Orlando to New York
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Ok so I’ve managed to book seats on the outward journey which is being operated by AA but the BA Flights for the way home they want to charge for 😭😭😭
I got stung for that last night after I’d booked BA flights. Always usually fly Virgin and and stupidly assumed seat selection also included with BA.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
No, outbound is London-Chicago-Orlando.
Inbound is New York to London direct.

Just gotta book internal flights from Orlando to New York
So if the MCO to JFK is a few days earlier than JFK LHR you'll be fine.
The through fare would have been first class on the domestic leg most likely though.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List