Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Hi, I have just had this information from my TA who I booked my transatlantic cruise with. She's recommending booking rather than asking for a quote as by the time she gets back to people the price may have risen? I understand that but as you don't know what the price the cruises will be , I'm not sure what to do? How do you do it?

Is it worth waiting for the main public opening to compare prices on different cruises or will the saving booking as a silver/dvc member on the 7th be so much better? I wanted to compare the different cruises/dates? 🤔
Old 1 Mar 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Hi, I have just had this information from my TA who I booked my transatlantic cruise with. She's recommending booking rather than asking for a quote as by the time she gets back to people the price may have risen? I understand that but as you don't know what the price the cruises will be , I'm not sure what to do? How do you do it?

Is it worth waiting for the main public opening to compare prices on different cruises or will the saving booking as a silver/dvc member on the 7th be so much better? I wanted to compare the different cruises/dates? 🤔
Hi I would book your first choice of dates on the 7th to get the best rate for that date, and change it after if it doesn't suit you
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by catlady View Post

Depending on your TA, most US ones will do a 3 day hold, so no money changes hands. If you don't pay the deposit within 3 days, the booking gets cancelled.

If your TA does not do that, then I would pay the deposit .. They spend hours on the phone booking the cruises, for them to get you a price, come back to you then wait for you to make your mind up, they are absolutely right that the price may go up.

If you're booking with a US TA, your booking can be cancelled anyway if you decide the price is not right for you once booked.

Joa
Old 1 Mar 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Can I just ask (as a complete newbie to DCL), is there a big advantage to booking on release date? Do prices rise significantly as time goes on? I'm thinking about Europe in May 19 but not sure we'll be ready to book next week (haven't even discussed it with DH yet!).

Also, is there a way of getting an ideas of prices before booking day?
There are no guesses on prices before the come out I'm afraid.
If you use a US travel agent, they will sit in the queue for you and book it (20% deposit). If you decide it's not right for you, you can cancel for a full refund (few restrictions apply like if you book concierge). If you book direct, you'll need to wait until the availability shows online which will be the 7th or 8th I think (haven't checked!)

You can see prices that platinum cruisers have on the Disney cruise FB page, but you may not get an exact price for your family make up, stateroom type or exact date - you'd get an idea though.

Prices for DCL always go up. Better to book now and cancel later if needs be.

Joa
Old 1 Mar 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Depending on your TA, most US ones will do a 3 day hold, so no money changes hands. If you don't pay the deposit within 3 days, the booking gets cancelled.

If your TA does not do that, then I would pay the deposit .. They spend hours on the phone booking the cruises, for them to get you a price, come back to you then wait for you to make your mind up, they are absolutely right that the price may go up.

If you're booking with a US TA, your booking can be cancelled anyway if you decide the price is not right for you once booked.

Joa
Thanks Bats 😁! Can you have a 3 day hold on more than one cruise? I'm struggling to decide 🤔
Old 2 Mar 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

The DVC advance buy is new, just had an email from DVC about it. Wondered why I hadn't heard it before. Presumably buying a day before it goes on general sale will be cheaper?
Old 2 Mar 18, 04:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve picked out three sailings that could work with our dates but no idea which to go for without seeing prices.

As we’ll be combining with 10-14 WDW and a universal stay it’s really hard to choose without having those details released too.

We have a placeholder so will definitely book one but now I feel panicked to book ASAP before prices go up.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Going to check out the price/details of the September TA, but not holding my breath for a bargain!

Edited to add, got ahead of myself. As you say Mr T, it is a one-day advantage. Still, I'll be looking on 7 March at 1 pm

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Pootle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We would like to do the 18th August 2019 one from Dover - we've never cruised before. It will be for our 30th birthday!

Is the best way to do this via someone like travel on a dream, or to book direct? Should I ask before the general sale dates?

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Anyone know why there’s no listings from Miami? Thanks
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List