Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Mar 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Great bit of fun however I have to save the camero is so much better to drive although a dog for luggage(mustang aint much better)
I would maybe in your shoes ME to and from airport and pick car at DCCC.
2 times Ive visited staff have have been very obliging.
Enjoy which you ever decide.
Old 7 Mar 18, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jcmickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We picked and dropped off the mustang at the Disney car care Center, was a breeze and very well organized, I am very glad I done it, was a great treat for me (toddler thought it was amazing seeing the roof come down)
Jcmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

OP, do it, it's a holiday so treat yourself

If you're renting a "standard convertible", it'll most likely be EcoBoost or V6 'Stang, or a V6 Camaro - all good for 300+ horses, and a 0-60 to rival a fwd hot-hatch (think GTI, ST, etc).

If you're really lucky, you may find a V8 hiding in the rows - they growl on turn-key, settle to a disappointingly quiet tick-over, but hit the loud pedal and grin
Old 7 Mar 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Booked a Mustang/Camaro convertible for our trip. I'm happy with either, but the Wife is a massive 'Bumblebee' fan so is hoping for a Camaro.

Do it! You only live once.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
OP, do it, it's a holiday so treat yourself

If you're renting a "standard convertible", it'll most likely be EcoBoost or V6 'Stang, or a V6 Camaro - all good for 300+ horses, and a 0-60 to rival a fwd hot-hatch (think GTI, ST, etc).

If you're really lucky, you may find a V8 hiding in the rows - they growl on turn-key, settle to a disappointingly quiet tick-over, but hit the loud pedal and grin
Ford have ditched the V6 for the Mustang from late last year only ecoboost or V8 now.
However 4 pot has more horses than the V6 but not the engine note.

Edited at 12:22 PM.
duncanb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Ford have ditched the V6 for the Mustang from late last year only ecoboost or V8 now.
However 4 pot has more horses than the V6 but not the engine not.
I was considering a Mustang to get to our wedding , but I don't have a clue what this post means LOL
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
If there is just the 2 of you then you can just pile your cases on the back seat, we have done this many a time plus we have golf clubs as well, however the novelty of having a mustang convertible wore off after we had to load the car up in the pouring rain, to get the cases and clubs on the back seat we have to take the hood down, normally we would have done all of this whilst in the dry garage, then put the hood back up and drive off but the villa we were staying at had converted the garage into a games room so we had to do it on the drive in absolutely monsoon type rain LOL although it wasn't funny at the time we were soaked to the bone.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I was considering a Mustang to get to our wedding , but I don't have a clue what this post means LOL
The V6 (type of engine) is replaced by 4 cylinder ecoboost engine.(new worldwide engines ford produce.)

A V style engine has a distinctive sound that many petrolheads such as me enjoy.

The Mustang themselves other than the bit that makes it go are identical.

The reference to horses is of course brake horse power and the more you have the faster the car can go.
So Econboost has more Horses than the disontinued V6
Simples.
Enjoy your wedding
Old 7 Mar 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
However 4 pot has more horses than the V6 but not the engine note.
There may still be a few V6s in the fleets, but yeah, Ford has a real push on EcoBoost at the mo.

Duchy - "4-pot" is four cylinder - get a lot of power and a lot less lag than days of yore with modern four-cylinder turbos (though the jury's out on whether they'll still be blowing strong in a decade or two like a classic Chevy small block V8 would).

Edit - Duncan beat me to the cylinder explanation!
Old 7 Mar 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

We had a Mustang last time we were there, took it down to Key West along the Overseas Highway - absolutely amazing trip!

One word of warning - our package said Mustang or similar and they class a VW convertible in the same category - DH wasted no time in explaining why this wasnt similar when offered one when we arrived in Miami - they managed to find us a Mustang!
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List