Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Mar 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Thank you Andy.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pistis
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post

Now that you’ve completed the online check in, you’re good to go straight to the garage when you arrive. No need to visit the rental desk or use the self service kiosks. Just collect your bags, go downstairs one level and cross the road to the multi story garage and head to the Alamo booth. The staff will want to see a copy of your online check in print out so be sure to take that with you.

Once you’ve picked your vehicle from the category you’ve booked from, you’ll drive to the exit barrier. This is where you’ll need to show three things:
• Driving Licence Photocard
• Debit / Credit card in lead drivers name – Not a prepaid cashcard such as Revolut / Fair FX / Visa Electron.
• Rental Voucher. This is what you’ll have received when you paid the balance.
Hi Andy, noted your comment about not using a prepaid above. My online check-in went through OK using a prepaid.

Is this a problem? Do I need to change the card on the check-in or can I just present a proper credit card at the exit instead?

Appreciate your response if you know, thanks.
Pistis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Pistis View Post
Hi Andy, noted your comment about not using a prepaid above. My online check-in went through OK using a prepaid.

Is this a problem? Do I need to change the card on the check-in or can I just present a proper credit card at the exit instead?

Appreciate your response if you know, thanks.
I only ever complete the online check in section... Never bothered with the straight to the garage step which is where you'll be entering the card details.

Can't imagine it'll be an issue presenting a different card locally, as long as its in the lead drivers name.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Pistis
Looking for my Ears

Thanks Andy
Pistis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Thank you for all info just completed mine.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Atch
New Poster (4)

Mobile Added driver

I need to add my wife as an extra driver when we arrive and wanted to try and save time after a 9 hour flight.
We have arranged car rental booking through a third party and car Provided by Alamo.
Is there anyway of adding the extra driver and saving queuing time once we arrive.
Atch is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Atch View Post
I need to add my wife as an extra driver when we arrive and wanted to try and save time after a 9 hour flight.
We have arranged car rental booking through a third party and car Provided by Alamo.
Is there anyway of adding the extra driver and saving queuing time once we arrive.
I added an extra driver at the exit gate in 2017 as we did OLCI via the dedicated Virgin link with just me on the details.
Can't say it took any longer than the normal time to get through.
Just hand over 2nd drivers licence with yours and your card and tell them you want 2nd driver added.

Edited at 10:56 AM.
uktigg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TomOrrow
a Friend of the DIBB

personal experience

Thought I'd add my successful experience of adding skip the counter
Scenario
Original booking was on Alamo Brits, paid in advance with my cc and wife as lead driver. Included Roadside Plus (an expensive way to achieve peace of mind & a quiet life).
Two weeks before travel accessed Alamo Brits via regular Firefox browser alamo/partners/members/brits/

Obstacle 1; Would not recognise my Alamo confirmation number.
Then tried Chrome (occasional browser, remembering Andy of DFCH advice from previous year) .. again thank you Andy!
Was recognised immediately
As others have had the reverse problem I suspect it’s something I have on my PC Firefox (ad browser blocking pop ups, Java blocked etc on )
Obstacle 2; Alamo via Chrome tried to send me to their local website for a better experience which when I accepted looped me to the same “send me to local website” pop up.
I opted for no instead and everything became plain sailing on following Alamo’s directions
-accepted the Roadside Plus option already defaulted to as part of the charges)
-declined the Personal Liability Insurance
-did not choose add gas as Dibbs has suggested this blocks the process. Easy to add at exit.
-added a Post Office credit card in wife’s name to match lead driver
Then printing of bar code was possible on screen AND via an email sent to me
Time invested now to save time in Orlando well worth it
TomOrrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
I only ever complete the online check in section... Never bothered with the straight to the garage step which is where you'll be entering the card details.

Can't imagine it'll be an issue presenting a different card locally, as long as its in the lead drivers name.
So, looking at the original instructions posted by Yorkshire_Dan can I ignore the part about "Save Time" and also ignore the part where it says "Skip the Counter"? I only need to do the online Check in bit?

Whilst doing the OLCI I need to decline all options offered - is that correct?
Old 10 May 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Anyone having issues where parts of the date field keep dropping out when you add an additional driver on the online check-in site?

Bad enough they are not even in a consistent order between day and month, half UK half US.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List