Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Apr 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

MNSSHP - Halloween night, or the 29th?

I am struggling to decide on which day to do the halloween party. We arrive on the 27th Oct, and leave on the 3rd Nov.

I don't want to do the party the day we arrive as I would like our first day to be a bit more relaxing and for us to maybe just go to a park for a while and then have dinner. So my options are the 29th or 31st (I don't want to go in November as that is Christmas season to me so I wouldn't feel very Halloween-y)

I have been thinking this whole time I would go for the 29th as the 31st is going to be packed, but now I've thought about it, if the 29th sells out, that means it will be just as busy as the 31st because I assume there will be the same amount of people. Am I right (or do they allow more people in on Halloween)?

Has anyone been on Halloween night and can recommend/advise against it?

Edit: I would really like to decide on this one soon as ADR day is fast approaching and I want to start figuring out which days we are spending in which parks.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We did the Halloween Party last year on 29th Oct. It didn't sell out as far as I can remember. It was busy but not ridiculously so. We managed to get on all rides with little or no wait times at all with the exception of 7DMT but that was only 20 mins. We had a really good time. The party does however sell out on Halloween and is very busy - it is also quite a bit more expensive. I personally wouldn't do the party on Halloween but that's only my choice.
Old 9 Apr 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WendyWilson View Post
We did the Halloween Party last year on 29th Oct. It didn't sell out as far as I can remember. It was busy but not ridiculously so. We managed to get on all rides with little or no wait times at all with the exception of 7DMT but that was only 20 mins. We had a really good time. The party does however sell out on Halloween and is very busy - it is also quite a bit more expensive. I personally wouldn't do the party on Halloween but that's only my choice.
That’s what I’m hoping for I did the Christmas party a few years ago and almost all the rides where a walk on. We had such a great time! I’ve convinced myself I wouldn’t want to do Halloween night, but I’m not sure why haha.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve done 31st 3 times. Never noticed it was overly busy. Loads of people dress up and the costumes are amazing . It’s a special night as it’s halloween imo. Just costs more normally .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Come and join us on the 31st!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I'm trying to decide between the 29th or Nov 1st, don't want to pay the extra for 31st. We are not really into Halloween so I don't think we will notice if the atmosphere is not there after the 31st?! We're not doing Disney parks this trip so it'll be our little Disney 'fix'

We have our BOGOF tix for HHN's, just waiting for some info about RIP tours & EP costs etc before deciding what nights to do everything.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I had the same choice & went with Halloween. We'd still want to do something on the 31st if we went on the 29th so decided to suck it up & pay the bit extra. I'm hoping the atmosphere will be really good & it'll be a fab memory for us all.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I had the same choice & went with Halloween. We'd still want to do something on the 31st if we went on the 29th so decided to suck it up & pay the bit extra. I'm hoping the atmosphere will be really good & it'll be a fab memory for us all.
Thank you! This is what I’ve been thinking as well, so I suppose it makes sense to just go on Halloween night. I think I need to make a decision soon before it sells out and I don’t have the option haha
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Thank you! This is what I’ve been thinking as well, so I suppose it makes sense to just go on Halloween night. I think I need to make a decision soon before it sells out and I don’t have the option haha
See you there

It'll be busy I'm sure but I think all the party nights are. Alot of onsite accommodation had already sold out when I was looking to change resorts recently so wouldn't be surprised if alot of MNSSHPs sell out in advance.

It's so expensive! I'm planning a late night to try and make the most of it.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
See you there

It'll be busy I'm sure but I think all the party nights are. Alot of onsite accommodation had already sold out when I was looking to change resorts recently so wouldn't be surprised if alot of MNSSHPs sell out in advance.

It's so expensive! I'm planning a late night to try and make the most of it.
Woohoo! Thank you for giving me your logic. I confirmed with the OH and he said it makes sense so I'll get our tickets booked shortly!

Maybe (hopefully) everyone will be at HS for Star Wars and it'll be less busy doubt it though.. wishful thinking!

I think we'll do the same. We're two adults so thankfully we only have to think about ourselves getting tired. Have you thought about your plan for that day yet? I'm thinking maybe either have a late start and go to MK/another park and then go straight to the party... or get up early and spend a few hours in one of the parks, go back to the hotel and chill for a bit, get an early and then go on from there. Although I will need room for treats..