Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Anyone flown on a TC flight in row 29?

So I've bitten the bullet and paid for seats - after saying I wouldn't. I found that TC don't allow you to check in online until 24hrs before your flight and they auto allocate your seats. If they weren't keeping the 4 of us together, it would have caused a huge amount of stress for me (nervous flyer) and a huge hassle of trying to get it all sorted in the airport. Ugh - no thanks, so I've coughed up an extra £170 for the priviledge

Anyway - having looked at Seat Guru, and compared it to the seating plan on the TC booking - it seems that the middle 4 of row 29 are XL seats, but are one of the cheapest priced on TC. The seats either side of it (2-4-2 formation) are both expensive extra leg room seats near the exit. Having looked online there seems to be mixed reports that row 29 is where there are stairs?! down to the toilet? Other reports are that they are XL seats with legroom, but not as much as the exit seats have. There doesn't appear to be stairs on the TC website plan.

So what I'm wondering is - are the middle 4 of Row 29 extra legroom seats? Are they behind a bulkhead? Is anybody able to recall having sat there in the past?

Many thanks
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

I can't be certain but I have booked the exit seats at the side of row 29 for our flight in Oct and understand that although they are exit seats with supposedly extra legroom, the bulk of the exit door sticks out a fair way so the window seat passenger won't get much leg room.

With regards to the stairs to the toilet it depends on the aircraft model. Last year we flew back from Vegas on row 28 in "window" seats although we didn't have a window. The toilets were downstairs next to us which didn't cause an issue for too much of the flight. But towards the end it was a nightmare as you are not allowed to queue on the stairs so there were loads of people standing around us and leaning on back of seats which got on my nerves a bit.

Sorry I can't really be of much help. I tend to avoid TC due to the cramped seating as I have a back condition which means I am unable to sit upright for long periods and have to recline to enable my lower spine and hips to sit at a comfortable angle. Try telling that to the person behind you deliberately kicking your seat and moaning out load! The joys of economy flights.. Oh to be rich and be able to fly business!

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles

Originally Posted by Simba1980 View Post
I can't be certain but I have booked the exit seats at the side of row 29 for our flight in Oct and understand that although they are exit seats with supposedly extra legroom, the bulk of the exit door sticks out a fair way so the window seat passenger won't get much leg room.

With regards to the stairs to the toilet it depends on the aircraft model. Last year we flew back from Vegas on row 28 in "window" seats although we didn't have a window. The toilets were downstairs next to us which didn't cause an issue for too much of the flight. But towards the end it was a nightmare as you are not allowed to queue on the stairs so there were loads of people standing around us and leaning on back of seats which got on my nerves a bit.

Sorry I can't really be of much help. I tend to avoid TC due to the cramped seating as I have a back condition which means I am unable to sit upright for long periods and have to recline to enable my lower spine and hips to sit at a comfortable angle. Try telling that to the person behind you deliberately kicking your seat and moaning out load! The joys of economy flights.. Oh to be rich and be able to fly business!
Thank you for the reply! We're a family of 4 so have booked the middle 4 seats. I'll keep an eye out for any further reports - but the plane as it stands on the TC site doesn't appear to have stairs, and if it did there wouldn't be the 4 seats together in the middle of row 29 if that makes sense. I so wish we could afford business too - but if we survived going to and from Sydney in economy last year I'm sure we can just about tolerate this.
I wouldn't worry about reclining your seat - I do it after we've eaten and had our trays cleared. I also don't have a problem with asking the person in front of me to put their seat backs up if they're still reclined during meal times. It's one of those things that cause mixed opinions - because yes we've all paid for our seats, and if they recline - then you have very right to recline them. It is annoying, and obviously we'd all much rather the person in front didn't recline - but then that just means we shouldn't recline either
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

The space issue on long haul TC flights I find surprising. Their long haul ergonomic seats are designed to be thinner padded to allow a larger gap between seats. Although the same 31” pitch as VS and BA in economy these a bit more room between the back of the Seat in front and the front of the seat upright. They are also a little wider than the standard Airbus A330 seats. The recline in economy is restricted to 4inch so shouldn’t be much of an issue.
I personally found TC economy seats to be the most comfortable of the three ( VS, BA, TC), and would be my choice for transatlantic flights having now had eight flights on them, after years of worn out BA and VS seats. This is from an overweight lad who chews Tramadol painkillers like Smarties!
This is, of course, my experience of TCSeating. As above others have noted their experiences, which are as valid as mine as we are all made slightly different.
Having said all that pluses on TC we are flying TUI this year purely on price. I may find their Dreamliner seating to be better
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
The space issue on long haul TC flights I find surprising. Their long haul ergonomic seats are designed to be thinner padded to allow a larger gap between seats. Although the same 31” pitch as VS and BA in economy these a bit more room between the back of the Seat in front and the front of the seat upright. They are also a little wider than the standard Airbus A330 seats. The recline in economy is restricted to 4inch so shouldn’t be much of an issue.
I personally found TC economy seats to be the most comfortable of the three ( VS, BA, TC), and would be my choice for transatlantic flights having now had eight flights on them, after years of worn out BA and VS seats. This is from an overweight lad who chews Tramadol painkillers like Smarties!
This is, of course, my experience of TCSeating. As above others have noted their experiences, which are as valid as mine as we are all made slightly different.
Having said all that pluses on TC we are flying TUI this year purely on price. I may find their Dreamliner seating to be better
Having never flown with TC before, I'm looking forward to the experience. Their customer service is diabolical, so for that reason alone I'd only book with them again if it came down to price - but hoping the flight experience rectifies my first opinions
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
RickyRaccoon
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Hi, pretty sure we were row 29 with TC last year on the all economy air tanker leased airbus. Had toilets directly behind us, no issues as there was enough room between the seats and the bulkhead for them to fully recline. Was pleased with the service both outbound from Manchester and inbound from Orlando. Hope my info is relevant.
RickyRaccoon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I just go flight only and never had need to use customer service so I can’t comment on them. However, on the flights we have taken the crew were nice, the economy seating was great, even for me at over 20 stone, the interior fresh and clean.
The James Martin food on the way out was great.on the way back, the Orlando sourced food was mediocre to put it kindly
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gonzo1st
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
So I've bitten the bullet and paid for seats - after saying I wouldn't. I found that TC don't allow you to check in online until 24hrs before your flight and they auto allocate your seats. If they weren't keeping the 4 of us together, it would have caused a huge amount of stress for me (nervous flyer) and a huge hassle of trying to get it all sorted in the airport. Ugh - no thanks, so I've coughed up an extra £170 for the priviledge

Anyway - having looked at Seat Guru, and compared it to the seating plan on the TC booking - it seems that the middle 4 of row 29 are XL seats, but are one of the cheapest priced on TC. The seats either side of it (2-4-2 formation) are both expensive extra leg room seats near the exit. Having looked online there seems to be mixed reports that row 29 is where there are stairs?! down to the toilet? Other reports are that they are XL seats with legroom, but not as much as the exit seats have. There doesn't appear to be stairs on the TC website plan.

So what I'm wondering is - are the middle 4 of Row 29 extra legroom seats? Are they behind a bulkhead? Is anybody able to recall having sat there in the past?

Many thanks
Hi we bag booked to go out on seats 29 a and c. Think I only paid extra leg room for one of those. Other half is just over 5ft where I am 6ft 2 so this should be intresting. When you flying out? We go June 13th.

Travel Lodge Main Gate East 2000
Travel Lodge Main Gate East 2005
All Star Movies In Aug 2007
Gonzo1st is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles

Originally Posted by Gonzo1st View Post
Hi we bag booked to go out on seats 29 a and c. Think I only paid extra leg room for one of those. Other half is just over 5ft where I am 6ft 2 so this should be intresting. When you flying out? We go June 13th.
We don't go until May 2020. Our seats are 29 DEF&G - the middle 4. According to the seat plan I'm looking at 29A&C (there's no B?) are both XL extra legroom seats near the exit - as are 29 H&K (no I or J either )