Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Mobile phone usage

Hi
Has anyone taken advantage of any the text offers received from the major US cell phone companies for mins and data. If so how successful was it.

Or

Has anyone visited the likes of AT&T and gotten a sim only deal for the period of their holiday.

Thanks
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I've used these ebay/itm/392046208519 previously with great success and I'm just waiting for some to be delivered for my next trip. I chose 8gb data. The seller activates them for you on a convenient date before your trip and emails your number, so you can switch sims on the plane and leave MCO with a working US number and data available to use. Great for check in texts etc.

Similar deals are also available on amazon, or you can visit a T Mobile shop over there and get a tourist sim for $30 but they are only 2gb data.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I've used these ebay/itm/392046208519 previously with great success and I'm just waiting for some to be delivered for my next trip. I chose 8gb data. The seller activates them for you on a convenient date before your trip and emails your number, so you can switch sims on the plane and leave MCO with a working US number and data available to use. Great for check in texts etc.

Similar deals are also available on amazon, or you can visit a T Mobile shop over there and get a tourist sim for $30 but they are only 2gb data.
That seems like a great deal, thanks for sharing
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
That seems like a great deal, thanks for sharing
No problem, make sure you order 30 days before you go though if you use ebay, the global shipping process isn't quick. Amazon ones are more expensive £5/10 per sim but are available next day.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jessthecat
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Kissedafrog View Post
I’m on a three contract, so can use the go roam feature, which means I can call and text from the usa within my contract.
They also do a £10 or £20 sim, as long as your phone is unlocked you can use it without a contract.

The signal is always really good in the USA too 😁
Sorry to jump in how does the 3 data work is it ok for uber lyft etc.
jessthecat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we have a 3 sim and used it in 2017. loads of data as well as being able to use wifi it's perfect when needing to use lyfy/Uber
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Just grab a Network 3 sim and top up b4 u leave, I use them every trip u get the same data and all allowance as what u do at home
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List