Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Conservative party leadership

First round of votes are in.

Out of 313 votes, Boris Johnson has 114 !

3 are out - Esther McVey, Andrea Leadsom and Mark Harper.

Edited at 01:11 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mark Harper also out
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

And the media are saying that as long as they have more than 105 they will go through to the final 2. AND if Boris gets through to the wider party vote the party members will elect him. Only good thing is that as a supporter of Independence for Scotland it will be the final straw for lots of people who are undecided camp if Boris is PM.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I'm really puzzled, Boris is known for his insensitive comments, historic child abuse and burkas to name just two but these comments seemed to be ignored or forgotten.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I'm really puzzled, Boris is known for his insensitive comments, historic child abuse and burkas to name just two but these comments seemed to be ignored or forgotten.
He's known for a lot worse than that.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Yeah but Brexit.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I think a lot of people are of the opinion that he will have to implement all of the things he has said about brexit.

He made the case if the lady arrested in Iran worse when he agreed she was a spy as he didn’t read his briefing. Also admitted to taking cocaine in an interview with Piers Morgan, and let’s not forget the brexit bus!

He has a massive lead with grassroots but the 2nd place there is Rory Stewart who I quite like for a Tory. Heck even Gove would be better than Boris.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
And the media are saying that as long as they have more than 105 they will go through to the final 2. AND if Boris gets through to the wider party vote the party members will elect him. Only good thing is that as a supporter of Independence for Scotland it will be the final straw for lots of people who are undecided camp if Boris is PM.
Clutching at straws. There are very few people in Scotland who are undecided on independence. Anything to try and sow division
Sequoia Lodge 2006,Sequoia Lodge 2008,Sequoia Lodge 2009,Old Key West 2010,Sequoia Lodge 2011,Old Key West 2012,Old Key West 2014,Royal Pacific Resort 2016,Anaheim 2016,Sequoia Lodge 2018,Beach Club 2019

Edited at 02:08 PM.
Bugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
As a fellow Fifer and Indy supporter I hope you are right.

In saying that though we deserve whatever comes our way under Boris. All our own fault.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Clutching at straws. There are very few people in Scotland who are undecided on independence. Anything to try and sow division

I think DollyDimples maybe right.

I know some people who voted against independence because they thought we would remain in the EU, the SNP did not give a compelling economic plan and that the devil you know is better than uncertainty.

Now we will be dragged out if the EU with no economic plan, companies either pulling out of the UK or preparing to do so, a Government at odds with itself and the greatest political and economic uncertainty this country has faced in generations. And Boris might be leading this fiasco.

I do not believe it is sowing division, more being aware of the situation and of people's ability to effect change.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List