Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jan 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

I have a swim suit similar to the PP with the skirt attached which is lovely, I got it in TKMaxx.

I would just like to say well done on the weight loss that's amazing!

I can honestly say I can't think of any occasion where I've been at a water park and noticed what someone else was wearing/looked like. I know you'll be self conscious regardless but people come in all shapes and sizes and we're all there to have fun, not looking at others bums but I completely understand your nerves and whatever you decide you won't stand out, there are far too many things to watch/do for anyone to be interested in someone else's swimming attire.

Try not to stress and have a fabulous time, they really are good fun even if you spend all day floating round the lazy river
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
Pool shoes rather than flip flops?
Flip flops are ok for walking around, but they will fall on if you went swimming with them in TL.

Pool shoes will stay on your feet and have rubber grips on the base. The floor is very abrasive and when the waves hit you, it knocks you off your feet and it can act like sand paper.
Old 28 Jan 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

I bought a lovely swim dress from Bon Marche, dignity comes first !
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
I have a swim skirt and tankini top. But don't worry too much as American costumes seem to be skimpy on the bum so that's what people look at.
Pretty sure most of those "skimpy on the bum" swimsuits are being worn by Brazilians not American! It always surprises me when even the grandma's in the group are wearing them.
Old 28 Jan 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink-princess22
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
I have a swim suit similar to the PP with the skirt attached which is lovely, I got it in TKMaxx.

I would just like to say well done on the weight loss that's amazing!

I can honestly say I can't think of any occasion where I've been at a water park and noticed what someone else was wearing/looked like. I know you'll be self conscious regardless but people come in all shapes and sizes and we're all there to have fun, not looking at others bums but I completely understand your nerves and whatever you decide you won't stand out, there are far too many things to watch/do for anyone to be interested in someone else's swimming attire.

Try not to stress and have a fabulous time, they really are good fun even if you spend all day floating round the lazy river

Thank yiu so much fir your kind words I really do appreciate it.. I've lost the weight in just over a year and I'm still trying to lose but fitting into a size 12 again is a huge achievement for me!
DLP - Sequoia Lodge - Sept 2018 - Celebrating a 60th
WDW - Port Orleans Riverside - Oct 2023 - Honeymoon
Pink-princess22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink-princess22
slightly serious Dibber

I went into benmarche today and looked at this swim dress... They didn't have my size and the next size up was too big but I really liked the shirt to hide the thighs!

bonmarche/swim-and-...color=51&cgid=
Pink-princess22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink-princess22
slightly serious Dibber

I went into benmarche today and looked at this swim dress... They didn't have my size and the next size up was too big but I really liked the shirt to hide the thighs!

Old 28 Jan 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pink-princess22 View Post

That's a really nice costume! Maybe they could order you one in?
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

I tried to wear a mankini but was refused entrance on the grounds it was to revealing.

I thought my buttocks weighing in at around 2 stone each fitted in rather well with some of the bigger ladies walking around in there tight fit bikini bottoms.

What I am trying to say is do not worry I have had many big bums stuck in my face as I was walking up the steps to a water slide its part of the water park theme.

No one is really looking at what your wearing or how big or small you might be there all there for fun.

But as some have posted for there own feeling they wear shorts and a tankini or similar but please do not worry about your size just have fun.

The only person I have ever seen getting funny looks was a lady fully gowned from head to toe in the blistering sun waiting for her turn to go down a water slide.
While her husband was wearing a pair of swimming shorts.

Edited at 03:16 PM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
Pool shoes rather than flip flops?
I go for flip flops, then wear them like bracelets on the rides.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List