Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Feb 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Time to book a car

Is there a good time to book cars? For example I know with companies such as Eurostar prices can shoot up if you leave it too late. But booking early can often be expensive or lacking on offers with other companies.

We are looking for 3 weeks late April to mid May in 2018. We have recently seen prices for a premium car for the same sort of time this year start around £490 but is now steadily rising.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I'd book early but make sure it's with a company which offers free amendment/cancellation etc. Then if it comes down you can either amend your booking or go and book elsewhere if cheaper and it won't cost you anything.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
I'd book early but make sure it's with a company which offers free amendment/cancellation etc. Then if it comes down you can either amend your booking or go and book elsewhere if cheaper and it won't cost you anything.
Totally agree. I am so glad I booked all my rentals for this year back in Oct 16 and didn't wait.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 06:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I take it from all the Alamo Brits talk i can do amendments with them.

Looking for a premium car as fancy something a bit bigger and nicer than normal.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Totally agree. I am so glad I booked all my rentals for this year back in Oct 17 and didn't wait.
Can I borrow your Time Machine Tom please?

That's why you can afford UC and DVC and 18 trips a year! - fast forward to see results and then stick a bet on!

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 06:00 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

again cant recommend Andy at Discount Florida Car hire highly enough - best prices Ive had and bags of advice

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 06:05 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Can I borrow your Time Machine Tom please?

That's why you can afford UC and DVC and 18 trips a year! - fast forward to see results and then stick a bet on!
Ha ha ha. I have changed the date now. Darn iPad!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

I do no think there is a good time to book, there was around the end of last year but since then prices have gone silly.

I would be looking for the best deal I can find and book it, the way things are at the moment I do not see a massive fall in prices coming any time soon
Old 9 Feb 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

As others have said book with Alamo if the price drops you can amend and get a refund Alamo do this very quickly so you can't loose. If you find a cheaper price elsewhere just cancel for a full refund
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

a couple of years ago, i monitored our booking with alamo brits... we booked flights just under 6 months from flying and booked the (basic) car the day after. it dropped by £60 around a month after booking, and then floated around that cost for most of the duration going up and down by around £20 at various points (each time it dropped by more than a few quid, i amended my booking and got the difference refunded to my card.

it went up by around £50 in the month run up to the holiday, but then a few days before we flew actually dropped back down to only ~£15 more than the lowest it had been during the whole 6 months!

its all about demand though. we go in sept/oct usually, rather than school holidays, so other peoples experiences may be different.

basically... book as early as possible with someone that does either free cancellations or (like alamo) lets you amend/get a refund when it drops, and then just check back regularly to see if the price has dropped, then amend your booking.

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List