Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 07, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Just for information, the DCL website lists what category of cabins are available (given your party size & kids ages etc) for each cruise...then if you select a cabin category it will 'suggest' some available cabins...but these are by no means all that are available.
As previously posted you can at this stage key in some cabin numbers you may be interested in to see if they are available - there are deck plans on the website which will show you where each cabin is located.

If you desired cabin(s) is not available don't get disheartened, as people are regularly swapping/cancelling cruise dates so you could keep checking the site to see if they are available... and/or ring DCL and ask if you could be wait listed for particular cabin in the hope they get re- released back into the system.
Alot of cabins come back into the system a few days after the cruise dates are first released and also as it comes up to the point when the deposits are non returnable, and final payment must be made.

Also don't forget the inital price shown on the DCL website includes transport to the ship & insurance which (provided you have your own arrangements on both counts ) you can then deduct, and which knocks roughly $600 off the price.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jdybnsn
... Alot of cabins come back into the system a few days after the cruise dates are first released and also as it comes up to the point when the deposits are non returnable, and final payment must be made...
At what stage does the deposit become non returnable?

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TinkerShell
Oi that was one of me best ...
If that was one of your best god help me if I have to hear the worse

It's getting serious now so watch this space

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo
At what stage does the deposit become non returnable?
Generally (for most categories & sailings), 75 days before sailing, and at which time your final payment is due .
However, a bit earlier if you have booked a higher cat. cabin than a cat.4 and/or are doing a 10 night or special cruise like a repo cruise and there are some exceptions for special cruises on these higher grades.

You can also transfer your deposit to another cruise up to this point.

... all of which is why cabins suddenly become available again at this point

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 03:14 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 07, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Found the DCL cancellation policy for you...

"Cancellations/Refunds
Cancellations may be made by telephone or in writing. Changes to the vacation commencement date or changes of guest names will be considered cancellations. For cancellations, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded. The cancellation fees assessed will be as follows, regardless of resale of stateroom or hotel room:

All Sailings except Europe/Transatlantic
Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount
· 90 days or more Deposit amount per guest for categories 1-3 for 10-night, 11-night, and all sailings 2007 and beyond
· 89-45 days (Category 1 through 3) Deposit amount per Guest
· 74-45 days (Category 4 through 12) Deposit amount per Guest
· 44-8 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
· 7 days or less No refund

Europe/Transatlantic
Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount
· 90 days or more (Categories 1 through 3) Deposit amount per guest
· 89-45 days Deposit amount per Guest
· 44-8 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
· 7 days or less No refund
"

Old 16 Mar 07, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo
If that was one of your best god help me if I have to hear the worse

It's getting serious now so watch this space

You can go off people, I thought it was a good one.

I am excited for you Jakki, I know how it was for me when I was looking/booking
Old 16 Mar 07, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread