Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlyDriver View Post
Well I'm sorry if you think I insulted anybody but I disagree. I see some aggressive posters saying things like "Why do people not think this way, it's about this and that". Am I meant to take somebody seriously who states, not in jest, that Joe Biden will win the US election?
The post you responded to mentioned none of these things.
You and many others seem to delight in putting others down who are more cautious that you.
Can you not accept others differ in their opinions?

And regarding your last point - is a Joe Biden win not the current prediction in many publications?
Again, another group with a different opinion that you wish to insult.

Edited at 01:25 PM.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
I don't get the "will have to see after the election" quotes.

Will the virus vanish into thin air after the election?

Back to the original question, my opinion is early spring.
The way the virus is tackled is sure to be impacted by who wins the election. The way itís tackled will then impact how much of an issue it is (Iím not saying it goes away obviously!)
Old 26 Sep 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Fair point. Topic drift. Sorry. My point was Biden getting elected will change the nature of the response.
Sorry wasn't aiming at you. I just see posts on other websites regarding the possibilities of travelling to the USA with the election mentioned.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Apprentice Imagineer

I have April/May booked and personally I think there is a chance the borders will be open by then- however I don't think masks will have gone so we are wanting to push it back to September but I don't think that will come off either as the prices have more than doubled with Virgin for next summer since we booked May. I will see what my dates are like when they are released next month and take it from there- I agree with the points about the election causing prices to go up so it doesn't give me much time to sort it
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I have April/May booked and personally I think there is a chance the borders will be open by then- however I don't think masks will have gone so we are wanting to push it back to September but I don't think that will come off either as the prices have more than doubled with Virgin for next summer since we booked May. I will see what my dates are like when they are released next month and take it from there- I agree with the points about the election causing prices to go up so it doesn't give me much time to sort it
I think you're right. There's 2 questions in it really: will you go with heavy restrictions if borders open, or will you wait until everything goes back to 'normal'?

For me as soon as we're allowed I will be there. I'm honestly not sure how far away normality is, if that even exists anymore.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Excited about Disney

At some point the reality that there is / has been a lot of over hyped media frenzied approach to the Covid crisis. The problem is that governments can't simply back track in an instant because they would lose (even more) credibility.

I am not saying it hasn't been a problem, however the legacy hanging over us and the knock on effect to the tourist industry etc. is phenomenal and it cannot continue.

The sad part is that everyone will be eager to go on holiday whatever the cost and will load up credit cards and loans to go away rather than reel in the spending following events of 2020
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
At some point the reality that there is / has been a lot of over hyped media frenzied approach to the Covid crisis. The problem is that governments can't simply back track in an instant because they would lose (even more) credibility.

I am not saying it hasn't been a problem, however the legacy hanging over us and the knock on effect to the tourist industry etc. is phenomenal and it cannot continue.

The sad part is that everyone will be eager to go on holiday whatever the cost and will load up credit cards and loans to go away rather than reel in the spending following events of 2020
Some of us have this year's holiday money to spend on next year's holiday though.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Some of us have this year's holiday money to spend on next year's holiday though.
Indeed, and I would hope many do, but there will be those desperate to go away and put it 'on tick' regardless
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Indeed, and I would hope many do, but there will be those desperate to go away and put it 'on tick' regardless
I donít see how others pay for their holiday has anything to do with anyone else.
In any event if our November trip doesnít go ahead we will reschedule for April. Fingers crossed for April

Edited at 08:32 PM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List