Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
It wasn't just one ride though, it was all of them.
If you ever go again I would recommend getting there for opening or better still for the early entry hours. You can get most the park done in the first couple of hours
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
"A dive" that is a huge exaggeration.
Not on my visit it wasn't...

The food was awful... It was greasy, tasteless and cold! I asked for a replacement and it was the same. I had a burger - the kids and wife had similar issues with their food.

The queues where huge with no shade...

The walkways very few water sprays keeping them cool...

The place was dirty...

I am sure this place was amazing back in the day but its way behind Volcano Bay. We found the Disney Water parks much better as well.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Another vote for Volcano Bay, we loved it on our most recent trip and ended up having more visits than planned!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Volcano Bay is amazing- it surpassed my expectations substantially, and blows away the Disney Water Parks- I have never been to Aquatica. VB has Disneyesque (Park) levels of theming. Even the tunnel going under the road from the bus stop / Aventura was wonderfully themed.

Edited at 03:43 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Volcano Bay is amazing- it surpassed my expectations substantially, and blows away the Disney Water Parks- I have never been to Aquatica. VB has Disneyesque (Park) levels of theming. Even the tunnel going under the road from the bus stop / Aventura was wonderfully themed.
I love the transition from the bus depot to the park via the underground walk way. Gives me such a buzz
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I just don't get Volcano Bay. The Tapu Tapu system gave us return times of eg. 2 hours later, so we spent most of the day just in the wave pools etc., waiting for our ride times.
The idea is you go & ride the slides that you can queue for while you virtually queue for the others with your Tapau Tapau... If you're a big slide fan I suppose it works better as you're supposed to get more done... we're not so on all 3 of our trips we have used the TT for the family rides & then just chilled out in the wave pool or lazy river while we waited.
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mdkdue View Post
We recently came back and did both

Volcano Bay - One visit. Yes it was nice, very pretty and picturesque, clean etc. We just found it FAR too big. We constantly had no idea where we were and just felt there was TOO much there if thats possible? . Tapu Tapu i guess was a good idea, but we dont really care for the rides so much so only used it once.

Aquatica - Two visits. We have been many times and now that Wet and Wild has gone this is our 'go too' place. First visit was great, it was a Friday and it wasnt very busy. Again , we are not really ride people but enjoyed the rapids and the wave pool. Second visit, a Saturday, was HORRENDOUS. It was packed full with locals and just a generally horrible and annoying experience. Never again will i visit a Florida water park at a weekend.

Overall we prefer Aquatica.
Thank you for your point of view...I had heard never to go to waterparks at weekends because the locals tend to hang out there.

Maybe we should give Aqautica a go... my husband would rather pull his own eye lashes out than voluntarily go to a waterpark so it has to be worth the trip or I'm in trouble
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

What about that new water park ‘Island H2O live!’ Watched a YouTube review and it looks pretty good.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List