Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

London fares **** me off, they are regularly really cheap, we get nothing that good from Manchester. So so annoying. Ggrrr

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
These London prices make me green with envy- we get ripped off from Manchester.
It's twice the price to fly with BA from Edinburgh or Glasgow at the moment. I really wish there were more direct options up here.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Not sure if anybody else has been watching prices for May half term so though I’d post.

Just booked direct with BA LGW to MCO economy basic 23-30 May 2ad 1ch for £980 total.

Skyscanner had slightly cheaper but I was happy to pay £70 extra to book with BA direct.

I’ve been watching prices since release and not seen anything below £1500 total with Thomas Cook.

I know virgin haven’t released yet but I’d set myself a target of £1200 total so I’m happy to have it booked now and stop looking.

Now just to sort out my dvc rental as whilst there’s room availability they don’t have members with points to rent 😞
Wow good price, for those dates I've just been quoted nearly 600
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I booked ours last week, wasn’t going to book this early but set a target of £400 each inc car.
We live about 20 min from Manchester but the prices are just crazy. We drove down this year and it was fine.
Our son gets two weeks at whit so all good.
Paid £1592 for 2a2c with std suv, regular economy with bags etc. I know you shouldn’t check but prices have gone up over £400 now.

Oh and also booked our parking, Gatwick official long stay (using 10off code) £51 for 17 nights.

Edited at 10:02 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
I booked ours last week, wasn’t going to book this early but set a target of £400 each inc car.
We live about 20 min from Manchester but the prices are just crazy. We drove down this year and it was fine.
Our son gets two weeks at whit so all good.
Paid £1592 for 2a2c with std suv, regular economy with bags etc. I know you shouldn’t check but prices have gone up over £400 now.

Oh and also booked our parking, Gatwick official long stay (using 10off code) £51 for 17 nights.
Wow thought we got a bargain but that sounds like an amazing price!

The parking price sounds fab too, who was that with?

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsWoody View Post
Wow thought we got a bargain but that sounds like an amazing price!

The parking price sounds fab too, who was that with?
Well we are going on the Tuesday before the kids break up. Although the Thursday isn’t much more now. Our Universal annual passes run out on 27th May so we needed to go a bit early. I’ve checked with the school, he is year 2 so will have done his stats and that week is a bit of easy week for them.

Sign up to the Gatwick airport site and you will get an email with a 10% discount code. You need to click a link on the email.
We used the long stay in May and it was fab. Yes it’s a bus but we prefer to keep our keys.
Buses waiting to take us there and back.
Meet and greet was about £9 more if you prefer that.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Well we are going on the Tuesday before the kids break up. Although the Thursday is t much more now. Our Universal annual passes run out on 27th May so we needed to go a bit early. I’ve checked with the school, he is year 2 so will have done his stats and that week is a bit of easy week for them.

Sign up to the Gatwick airport site and you will get an email with a 10% discount code. You need to click a link on the email.
We used the long stay in May and it was fab. Yes it’s a bus but we prefer to keep our keys.
Buses waiting to take us there and back.
Meet and greet was about £9 more if you prefer that.
Great, thanks will look into the parking. Yes we have booked the Thursday - 7th June and very happy with what we paid. I gave the car hire through BA a miss as for the car my OH wants (XL premium SUV) they were a little more expensive that booking direct with Hertz and keeping fingers crossed for a glitch price which we have got on our past 2 trips.

Still undecided if we should look into the train/bus route down to Gatwick - when we last flew from London the drive back was a killer as there was really bad traffic - took 9 hours! That or book a hotel and drive back the next day a little more fresh.

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

These prices are painful for those that need to book from Manchester during the summer holidays😡
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsWoody View Post
Great, thanks will look into the parking. Yes we have booked the Thursday - 7th June and very happy with what we paid. I gave the car hire through BA a miss as for the car my OH wants (XL premium SUV) they were a little more expensive that booking direct with Hertz and keeping fingers crossed for a glitch price which we have got on our past 2 trips.

Still undecided if we should look into the train/bus route down to Gatwick - when we last flew from London the drive back was a killer as there was really bad traffic - took 9 hours! That or book a hotel and drive back the next day a little more fresh.
This May we landed at about 7.15am on a Friday so was expecting the worst traffic wise. Left the airport at 9am, kids fell asleep almost immediately. Stopped for a quick breakfast on the m40. Then again at Stafford for about an hour and we were home at just before 2pm. No traffic but it did rain the whole way home.
I slept well on the plane and did all the driving and was fine.
However I was fully prepared to book into the bloc. You can get family day rooms there for £57 but only on the day. The double rooms you can book in advance.
I’m going to book the bloc for the night before, small rooms but so easy.
Train for us is pain with car seats/pushchair and bags.
Old 26 Jun 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I dont seem to be able to find anywhere on the Gatwick Airport Site to be able to 'sign up' to the site?
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List