Old 18 Mar 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Yes all working now, dinner at Tony Carvery is up first. Haven't got time to read more now got to go to work. Have a good day xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahh fab as long as its working 😁

First day at work went as well as it could... Kind of 😂 it was very weird. There was only 4 of us on our floor as most are working from home. Obviously I needed to go in to get my laptop etc set up. I can hopefully work from home from now on. May need to go in tomorrow to get a couple of little connection issues sorted but will see tomorrow. Chris is also working from home from now too.

Uni is still operating as of now but we're hoping to get more info tomorrow. We're thinking our presentation in 2 weeks will be scrapped and combined with our report to make a 100% assignment for the module. Everyone's hoping for extensions for our dissertation but I'm hoping to try and get as much done as possible 🤞

Hope everyone's OK and keeping safe ❤️

xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

I'm glad it went well, they seem incredibly supportive.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

They really are Abby. Still having issues connecting but I've managed to get some work emailed over I'm working on.

We're hearing of lots of problems with Virgin and refunds right now. Apparently they are refusing to refund who's holiday is cancelled and are only offering credit notes or changing dates but the extra price needs paying. Looking at may for next year we're looking at a £3k increase WIHOUT the dining plan which just isn't feesible for us.

We've checked our Travel Insurance and we think we are covered if virgin refuse to refund us so fingers crossed. We can't cancel until at least 28 days before but we're going to wait for virgin to cancel first before we do anything.

We're toying with the idea of adding an extra week onto our December/January trip and buying Disney tickets, have a week at Disney and possibly buy the dining plan? Depending on cost.

At the moment we just need to sit tight and see what happens. Fingers crossed things are starting to settle down by May xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Help

I booked our stay at BWV via a points group on FB. The lady I've booked through has emailed me to say that if I wish to cancel I can do so before 31st March for a full refund. After this date it would be non-refundable unless we can rebook again before July 2020.

Should I just cancel and if it goes ahead look to possibly rebook through her again? X
Old 21 Mar 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
That's a tough one to advise on Kelly. It largely depends on how much you would need the money in the future should you not be able to go on your holiday and not get a refund on that or other parts of the trip.

If it were me I'd be thinking of cancelling the reservation, as it's not cancelling the whole trip, and if you are fortunate enough for the trip to go ahead getting a hotel for those nights shouldn't be too tricky. Even if it's not BWV.

You have 10 days to think about it. So no need to do anything right now, certainly not a nice decision to have to make.

Old 21 Mar 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thanks Abby. Luckily we still have 19 nights are POR, so it wasn't a split stay. If we cancel and still go we will still have a room at POR for the night we were supposed to be at BWV. If we do still get to go we can maybe see about re-booking the one night stay again, but with this being booked 3rd party I'm not sure if we would be able to claim it back on the travel insurance so might be best to cancel for now x
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Aah I'd forgotten it wasn't a split stay and you would still have the room at POR. That's convinced me even more you should be grateful for the refund. I'd hate the idea of you cancelling your trip, but this is not cancelling its just a tiny part of it.

Old 21 Mar 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I had a little chuckle to myself about the potential of your presentation and report being combined. I too hate presentations so this would be a winner for me too.

Kelly your experience with Virgin sounds awful. I do feel for the companies involved too as obviously they are losing out through no fault of their own but how they deal with things now is what many of us will remember when booking in the future. Expedia are off my list for the future that is for sure.

I would cancel the BWV booking, at least you'll have the peace of mind that the money is not lost. It was a kind offer from the renting member.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m panicking about virgin too. I’ll be sat on that phone till they give me my money and I don’t think I will go back if they are going to be this bad
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List