Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Meal plans

Are they worth it? Looking at the full board one for a back up trip on 20th September but it looks like a lot of restaurants are closed, is it like the Florida’s dining of 1 table service/1 quick service or can you book 2 meals a day and have breakfast at the hotel? It mentions a monetary value but how do you find out what a voucher is worth? Very new to DLP as it’s a lot of years since we last went and I’ve never done the meal plan there.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Some meal plan info here including values of vouchers :

dlptips/dining-2/dlp-meal-plans/

It's not like Florida in the quick service/table service sense as there are 3 levels of meal plan depending on your hotel.

Value hotel = Standard meal plan
Moderate Hotel = Plus Meal Plan
Deluxe Hotel = Premium Plan

At Disneyland Paris you are allowed a certain list of restaurants dependant on which hotel you have booked & you can choose to eat at any for lunch or dinner whether it is quick or table service. So if you work it out you could have table service most of the time.

I would say though that Full board is A LOT of food & also takes a lot of time out of your day if doing table service. If you want quick services for lunch then you are probably not getting value out of the full board plan if you know what i mean.

Also, although you are given a list of restaurants where your vouchers will get you a set menu choice, you can use the vouchers at any Disney restaurant. Be wary though that if the meal is cheaper than your voucher then you just lose that value.

If the new restaurant is more expensive or you want something a la carte then you can pay the difference.

In short, i would say half board meal plan is probably the best all round choice for value & flexibility.

Edited at 09:25 PM.
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you for the info
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

In normal times, I would say the meal plan was worth it. We loved the buffet breakfast in the hotel and the buffet dinner in the hotel (Newport Bay). The meal plan, which also includes a drink, offered a saving over PAYG. However, from what I understand the buffets are not being offered currently and a number of restaurants are closed. If we was to go now then I wouldn't pay for a meal plan as I'd end up wasting money on the kids not being keen on the set menus. I'd do PAYG until things go back to normal.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hyper
In Magic Kingdom!

We had Premium half board 2 years ago which was breakfast and then either lunch/dinner. Loved the fact it meant we tried places and meals we hadn't had before and some of those we will definitely eat in again. We like to get to the parks for EMH and are happy to grab something to eat in the parks for breakfast. Having breakfast included in the dining plan meant we used this and it didn't really suit how we like to do things because it took longer, although the food was lovely. If you could have a plan which was just for dinner or lunch every day I would book it again but not for breakfast. I priced the meals we liked in the restaurants from when we had the plan against paying individually and savings were only really worth it for us if we were factoring in breakfast which we don't want. We also booked restaurants well in advance because with premium these book fast. The amount of food for the meals was a lot and so good but it meant we had to be careful about what we ate at other times of the day or we wouldn't manage it all. This meant we didn't try some of the food we thought looked good at the food trucks etc. I would carefully think about how you like to holiday in DLP and factor in the times spent on eating with a plan and if it suits you. Also, look at the menus you fancy and add up the costs to see if it is worthwhile. We go back next year (hopefully) for 4 nights and will definitely book some restaurants but will leave space to try other things too.
Hyper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List