Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Do you take insurance for damages for UK cottage rental break?

Hi guys

DD is looking to book a cottages.com break in the lakes.

Do you take out the insurance to cover accidental damage or just hope nothing happens? They don’t need all the other protection that comes with the insurance.

She is trying to keep the cost down

Cheers
Fluff
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The only time I’ve taken it out is when I rented a large house for 12 of us which included a few children! It was a high end property and I was afraid something could get accidentally damaged!
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I would Especially with children or irresponsible adults (and we either take a huge deposit or a lower one but ask for details of insurance for Properties we rent out ) - it takes the stress out of breaks, for all parties, to know accidental damage is covered
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks guys,
I didn’t know if it was just the company trying to maximise profit.

She might not get anyway if England go into a full lockdown as is being rumoured.

Cheers
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Our annual travel insurance covers UK breaks of 2 or 3 (can’t remember which one) nights or more. Might be worth looking into that as an option.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

My friend has an air bnb. She had guests a few weeks ago and they obviously had issues with she thinks a bleeding nose? They left blood all over the pillow protectors through to the pillows through the mattress protector to the mattress, kids had she hopes had been eating chocolate which was all over their pillowcases, and cushions in the bedroom. The guests then washed the blood stained duvet covers along with the kids duvets at 95 degrees and set the stains and she can’t even iron the creases out due to the high temp wash. She had to buy new pillows mattress, and protectors duvet and duvet covers. They didn’t even think to mention any of this when they left. She reckons the damage amongst other things came to over £200 which she has to try and claim through air bnb. I would probably go for insurance to be on the safe side I wouldn’t want to pay out for any mishaps.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List