Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Booked our flights very early this morning LHR to MCO 13-29 September 2022 BA £588:97 pp really happy with that 😃😃

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I’ve checked every flight company so far and they’re all the same.
It’s disgusting.
VA wanted £5,310 for 3 flights.
Why is it disgusting? That’s the price, that’s what an actual plane Seat costs.
Far too used to getting cheap seats based on more seats than demand, large aircraft compared to the smaller capacity now.

Disgusting that these airlines are trying to survive, not like Flyglopespan, Norwiegen air, you know, cheap prices that didn’t cover their costs.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

try orher airports, indirect, other airlines.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Why is it disgusting? That’s the price, that’s what an actual plane Seat costs.
Far too used to getting cheap seats based on more seats than demand, large aircraft compared to the smaller capacity now.

Disgusting that these airlines are trying to survive, not like Flyglopespan, Norwiegen air, you know, cheap prices that didn’t cover their costs.
Oh please … if you think it’s a fair price then you have more money than sense.
If they keep charging this much then they’ll go out of business anyway as no one will want to use them.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

If they keep charging this much then they’ll go out of business anyway as no one will want to use them.
That is just not true, airlines use buckets and the price goes up as they get booked. There is no evidence that they are not selling seats.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
This is what we are planning to do. £3200 for direct flights and car (dropping off at Hard Rock and re-hiring a couple of days later). Seeing if prices drop a bit more before committing. This is 1-22 August for 4 people and large car. Dearer than we usually pay, but I think next year will be more expensive due to demand.
This is exactly what we've done, saved £1500 by dropping the car for 3 days while we're at the Hard Rock as we won't need it, looked today and the price is £6.5k... we paid £3028!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
That is just not true, airlines use buckets and the price goes up as they get booked. There is no evidence that they are not selling seats.
I didn’t say they’re not selling seats I said if the price stays high like that then they won’t in future.
Again, if someone is happy to pay over 5k for 3 flights then they need their head examined.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I didn’t say they’re not selling seats I said if the price stays high like that then they won’t in future.
Again, if someone is happy to pay over 5k for 3 flights then they need their head examined.
Hopefully when this "wave" of pent up demand is over in a year or 2, people won't pay those fares and the buckets will bounce back to pre-pandemic levels 🤞

Could be wishful thinking though 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

You really don’t understand the financial aspects of running an airline do you’/
Have a look at these articles before commenting on prices:

dailymail/travel/t...ax-ticket.html

simpleflying/the-cost-of-flying/

Airlines that live on low cost financial basis such as flyglobespan, Flybe, Thomas cook, Norweigen and many more went bust as their fragile process was based upon quantity over quality.
Major airlines have reduced seats available by reducing aircraft and reducing the size of these aircraft.
No real carrier will want to make a loss on your tickets just so you can get a “cheap” ticket.
Less seats means less seats that can be sold at below cost as the fixed costs are covered in the rest of the seats.

An economy return ticket has always been around £1,400 and yiu only got it cheaper to fill the aircraft.
They will stop flying routes that are unprofitable, with lower fleets this is quite simple to do.
How about your company slashes your wages so more people can buy your product, I’m sure with your views that’s perfectly acceptable
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCrazyCrew
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
My release date comes up start of October but went on to BA.com this morning to gauge prices and for just one person direct LHR to MCO it’s coming up at over £1400 for the September dates currently. Showing ! Really worried now I’ll have to disappoint everyone if this is the flight price 😭
I am seeing similar for my dates (21st Sep) but my return date has not been released yet so I am hoping for a better price once return dates have been released
DisneyCrazyCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List